Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 08:27 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
No, I don't support those policies.

Now bring up an entirely new argument because everyone on this forum knows that's your game.

All the time I've wasted here embarrassing you on your 3rd grade level understanding of politics and you still haven't realized it.

And yes, I grew up in Chicago and lost quite a few friends to gang violence, I appreciate you taunting me for it, real adult of you.
Time to put on your "big boy" pants......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 08:29 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
No, I don't support those policies.

Now bring up an entirely new argument because everyone on this forum knows that's your game.

All the time I've wasted here embarrassing you on your 3rd grade level understanding of politics and you still haven't realized it.

And yes, I grew up in Chicago and lost quite a few friends to gang violence, I appreciate you taunting me for it, real adult of you.
So your friends didnt grow up to prosper because they were in a gang..

And somehow its MY fault because I pointed that out to you

Old 04-22-2014, 08:47 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

I wouldn't drive through Chicago anytime soon and if you must don't get out of the car whatever you do! We've seen what happens to people who try to help.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:47 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,190,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
And I'd like to think most people can, but...to be honest there was a lot of luck for me-and hard work, and getting here cost a lot more then I thought it would. Marriages "you're always working" kids "you're gone overseas all the time". etc. Heck I was a nerd before that was good....made for a challenging high school.

I think most everyone that hits the 1% works hard. The guy owning a pizza place? Yup working hard. The guy running his own construction business? Same. after that it gets murkier. With inherited wealth becoming more common (6 of the top 10 in the us for wealth is inherited), and I suspect that numbers going to keep getting larger. Being lucky in the birth lottery matters.
Although a number of the top 0.1% inherited their wealth (for example the Walton sisters), they have been on that list forever. The rest of these people built companies over a long period of time. Look at the Forbes 400. There are some incredible business people on that list - Gates, Buffett, Ellison, Bezos.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:51 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
No, they are going to put that $100M in the bank which gets loaned back out into the economy to build a car company which provides jobs and makes it cheaper for you to purchase products.
You do realize that trying to explain the fact that invested capital enables the creation of jobs, etc., is way over their heads, no? Apparently, they think "the rich" are just sitting on piles of idle cash that hasn't been reinvested in the economy for the purposes of economic and jobs growth.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:54 AM

924 posts, read 667,707 times
Quote:

Actually my friends were killed BY gang members.

Anything else you want to assume? You probably think they were black and thugs too, right?

Old 04-22-2014, 08:55 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You do realize that trying to explain the fact that invested capital enables the creation of jobs, etc., is way over their heads, no? Apparently, they think "the rich" are just sitting on piles of idle cash that hasn't been reinvested in the economy for the purposes of economic and jobs growth.
Very true and Obama and Democrats know that people are financial illiterates. That is one of the reasons they are poor so Obama is taking advantage of their lack of knowledge. Only the illiterates are living in la la land thinking Obama actually gives a damn. They don't realize that government can never care about individuals.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:56 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,477,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

If I buy 1,000 GM, how does that create jobs?

Old 04-22-2014, 08:57 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Then why is the working class struggling?
Obama's ill-advised economic policies. Do we really need to go there again?

Letter to Director Orszag on Policy Burdens Inhibiting Economic Growth | Business Roundtable

Old 04-22-2014, 09:03 AM

924 posts, read 667,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
If I buy 1,000 GM, how does that create jobs?
It doesn't.

If investing in the stock market created jobs, then we would have a record high amount of jobs right now, since the Dow is at record highs.

But it's easy to ignore facts for the delusional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies