Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 11:52 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,082,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by othello212 View Post
And turns out he is a pro-slavery,racist white supremacist....Go figure
Bundy is a dem?

Old 04-25-2014, 11:52 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,932,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont think someone who opposes government creating an environment which causes massive poverty and a high ratio of individuals in jail are low..

Maybe its just me, but I prefer a country where people are encouraged to move ahead
, not celebrated for staying behind.
Creating that environment is exactly what congressional republicons are doing and have done. It's about "stability" and control which conservatives love above all else. Trickle-down economics and filibustering dem-sponsored jobs legislation is part of the plan to do exactly that - create the ideal top-down and "stable" right-wing society with workers living in desperation and the wealthy in charge.
So as a known conservative, you really "prefer" no such thing as upward mobility for the "riffraff" (though you of course say otherwise).

Last edited by detwahDJ; 04-25-2014 at 12:12 PM..

Old 04-25-2014, 11:53 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,059,119 times
LOL...my how the tides have turned.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:54 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
OMG, I do not believe the extent people will go...???? You are magnifying the whole thing, just like CNN did, and using it for your agenda....?

He said the following....

On Thursday during an outdoor news conference near his ranch 80 miles from Las Vegas, he echoed the same sentiment: "Are they slaves to charities and government subsidized homes? And are they slaves when their daughters are having abortions and their sons are in the prisons? This thought goes back a long time."

He was asking are they making themselves slaves to welfare, government subsidized homes....are they slaves when their daughter are having abortions and their sons are in prisons.....

He was contemplating, thinking about it, and reinterating his feelings, asking the black community this, is my guess....

There is nothing wrong with that, I feel the very same way and so does my church....who are indeed mostly black people.....

Old 04-25-2014, 11:55 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,780,810 times
Of course, CNN doctored the video of Bundy, apparently trying to show him as a racist when he wasn't. And it's working. Even conservatives who have seen only CNN's version, are blasting the guy. And if I had seen only what CNN carefully showed, I'd be blasting him too.

But in the full video, Bundy talks for several minutes about how black people were hard workers, decent people with strong families, etc. Even back in the slave days, when they were making useful contributions despite the horrible oppression they were enduring ("picking cotton"), they showed fine qualities and had nothing to be ashamed of. Bundy said the same was true for Mexican people, too.

But today, when the government is giving them tons of free stuff in the guise of "helping" them, Bundy said you can find black people sitting around doing nothing, winding up in jail, etc. - a major contrast to when they had to fight for their own interests under dreadful conditions and displayed stellar character.

CNN cut off the first part and showed only the second, in an apparent attempt to pretend Cliven Bundy was a racist when he clearly wasn't. It was a typical liberal response for which CNN has perfected the technique: If you can't refute what a man is saying, doctor it and try to smear him personally, instead.

The hoax has since been revealed, but the liberals, true to form, keep forwarding the lie as hard and fast as they can... joined by the usual liars and smear artists in this thread. The truth doesn't suit their agenda, so they shun it.

See the real, original video here, along with CNN's carefully doctored version:

Bundy Hoax Exposed: Full Video Of Cliven Bundy?s Non-Racist, Pro-Black, Pro-Mexican, Anti-Government Remarks | Alternative

If Cliven Bundy were the least bit racist, he could have used the most common perjorative of them all, the N-word. Then CNN wouldn't have had to go to the effort to doctor his video. But he never touched it. So they went to Plan B instead and tried to alter what he said, and smear him.

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Wink Cliven Bundy rags on "the Negro"

Poor ol' Cliven...

Bound to his ranch like a field hand. But his ma n' pa never even taught him how to pick cotton.

Dependent on government land for his cattle bidness.

And now, the awful "libs" are throttling his freedom of expression.

Poor ol' Cliven.

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
* This is exactly what congressional republicons are doing and have done. Trickle-down economics and filibustering dem-sponsored jobs legislation is part of the plan to do exactly that - the ideal top-down and "stable" right-wing society with the wealthy in charge.
* As a conservative, you "prefer" no such thing.
Hows that trickle up working for you?

We have record numbers living on welfare.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:58 AM

13,947 posts, read 5,619,580 times
Bundy being politically incorrect and making indefensible, boorish comments changes what regarding him being the target of government oppression?

Until 4 years ago, the Democrats had a Klansman in the US Senate, who once referred to black people as mongrels? And?

Old 04-25-2014, 12:00 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Bundy being politically incorrect and making indefensible, boorish comments changes what regarding him being the target of government oppression?
I think the only thing that's changed is the penalty on his late fee going up a little.

Quote:
Until 4 years ago, the Democrats had a Klansman in the US Senate, who once referred to black people as mongrels? And?
Don't leave us in suspense.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:00 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by othello212 View Post
The thing about the Obamaphone girl is that millions of Blacks did not rally around her and make her a hero.
Millions of white people including politicians that I pay with my tax dollars,rallied around him and made him into this American hero... And turns out he is a pro-slavery,racist white supremacist....Go figure
Quit the spin.

Your assessment of Bundy and the comments associated with that, weren't even in the picture during the Fed/rancher stand off.
The M's of white people as you put it (I'm sure folks of many colors)
rallied around folks standing up to a bully government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies