Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2014, 08:55 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Well a single gay couple caused a Christian business owner to lose their business. I better not start a wedding business.

This whole notion that gay ppl just simply want to get married and live their lives with no affect on society is not realistic. Nationwide legalization of gay marriage will bring on a drastic society or cultural shift. And what's next? Look to Canada. Gay ppl are now suing pastors who won't marry them. Religious freedom is thrown out the window. It can happen here too.
No, the christian business owner broke the laws of the state where he was doing business. Christians have to follow the same laws as the rest of us, they can not claim religious exemption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 08:58 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
They are making a mockery of what gays have been fighting for, recognition of same-sex marriage. They are a--holes.
How are they making a mockery? I believe it is their own private lives, and they are free to make that choice to live together like this. That is like saying swingers make a mockery of heterosexual marriage, which isn't grounds to no allow heterosexuals to marry.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:05 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Well a single gay couple caused a Christian business owner to lose their business. I better not start a wedding business.

This whole notion that gay ppl just simply want to get married and live their lives with no affect on society is not realistic. Nationwide legalization of gay marriage will bring on a drastic society or cultural shift. And what's next? Look to Canada. Gay ppl are now suing pastors who won't marry them. Religious freedom is thrown out the window. It can happen here too.
The key word is "business." A business is not a religious thing, and a business cannot discriminate against people.

Gay marriage will bring a drastic society and cultural shift? Just like allowing interracial marriage did? Letting people you don't know isn't going to have any effect on you. "It can happen here too" is just more fear mongering that isn't true. This is the US, not Canada.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:38 AM

18,392 posts, read 19,027,378 times
after reading all the hatred for homosexuals and wanting to deny rights based on "personal" beliefs I hope gays continue their activism until they do get equal treatment under the law.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:54 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:

They are? Which people would those be?
I live here, and I've heard of no such thing. Can't find anything on the Google, either.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:29 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
well a single gay couple caused a christian business owner to lose their business. I better not start a wedding business.

This whole notion that gay ppl just simply want to get married and live their lives with no affect on society is not realistic. Nationwide legalization of gay marriage will bring on a drastic society or cultural shift. And what's next? Look to canada. Gay ppl are now suing pastors who won't marry them. Religious freedom is thrown out the window. It can happen here too.
oh my god we have to treat gays like human beings

the world is going to end

Old 04-29-2014, 12:31 PM

125 posts, read 143,674 times
is that one of the twinArmageddons you're talking about?

Old 04-29-2014, 12:34 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaha hughes View Post
is that one of the twinArmageddons you're talking about?

Old 04-29-2014, 12:58 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,673,373 times
Well, if the just add one guy they could be Mormons.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:01 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Heartless and mean is just one of the reasons why opposing same sex marriage is wrong.

Not having a rational, independent basis for denying tax paying citizens the full rights of citizenship that doesn't appeal to some revisionist history, or appeal to religion is the major reason.

Blah, blah, blah...

Remind me again why a guy can't marry his grandfather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies