Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2014, 04:25 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post
Not with a relative, a person of the same sex, not a child, and not an animal.
So now you are changing your definition of normal, as you can see it is completely subjective, so when you use it to define something to others, your idea of normal conflicts with my idea of normal.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
OOOooo, so you're saying we're ALL the children of God?

I feel so honored.
Nope..I'm saying a woman cannot do it on her own.
She needs male sperm to have a baby.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
How didn't I choose?

The question begging will never stop. It's why these discussions never go anywhere. But, that being said, I am not willing to enlist the establishment to enforce my preferences.
So you looked at men, and looked at women and while you were attracted to men, you found yourself more attracted to women, that is a choice. Is that what you did when you chose to be straight?

Old 05-12-2014, 04:26 PM

860 posts, read 1,110,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
So you like to make up definitions of common words then expect others to know what you are talking about when having a conversation?

Dictionary and Thesaurus - Merriam-Webster Online

That may help you to be more easily understood.
I looked at the definition. Wanting something over any other thing. An advantage given to something and not the other. It sounds the same to me.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:27 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
"Sexual orientation" is an abstract concept or phenomenon that can only be observed through actions.
Sexual orientation cannot be observed - even though action. I could go have sex with a women right now, and it would not speak one bit to my sexual orientation.

Sexual orientation is an internal characteristic. It's not observable. It's relayable.

Quote:
A more objective realization would be "anatomical" sexual orientation. In this case, the man and woman have clearly defined anatomy which is outwardly suggestive of compatibility.
That wouldn't be any kind of realization of sexual orientation. It's simply the beginning of how you'd explain human reproduction to a small child.

Quote:
Your anecdote is nothing more than a disclosure of how you choose to act on certain impulses.
I didn't give you an anecdote, nor did I disclose anything about how I've ever chosen to act on any impulse I have ever had. I provided an accurate and truthful statement about my sexual orientation - a disclosure of the sex of human being to whom I am, and always have been, emotionally, romantically, and sexually attracted to.

Quote:
Based on the objective example I gave you above...these impulses are suggestive of possibly a disorder
Only if you're conducting a value laden analysis starting from assumption that sexual activity between people of the same sex is wrong (hardly an objective analysis).

Why is that you always avoid and deflect? Are you incapable of having an honest conversation? I'll try again: To what sex - or both or neither - are you emotionally, romantically, and sexually attracted to?

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Nope..I'm saying a woman cannot do it on her own.
She needs male sperm to have a baby.
Not for much longer. Scientists in Japan have created embryos from two human female eggs.

Surprise!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
This thread is hilarious.
Yes it is.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:28 PM

860 posts, read 1,110,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you looked at men, and looked at women and while you were attracted to men, you found yourself more attracted to women, that is a choice. Is that what you did when you chose to be straight?
You don't have to like both sexes to make a choice to sleep with the same sex or the opposite sex.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:28 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,210,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post

Why is that you always avoid and deflect? Are you incapable of having an honest conversation? I'll try again: To what sex - or both or neither - are you emotionally, romantically, and sexually attracted to?
Whichever sex I allow it to happen with.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Not for much longer. Scientists in Japan have created embryos from two human female eggs.

Surprise!!!
All it is is DNA, the difference between men and women is a single chromosome. It is only a matter of time before science is able to change how babies are made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies