Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2014, 10:07 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
*sigh* how many times do I have to post to you that I am not a leftist. And yes gridlock makes it worse because it holds our country hostage. They bicker while the whole country suffers.
You are acting as if we don't already have hundreds of years of laws and regulations already in place. We should operate just fine as a nation, for the next 20 years without any new laws or regulation. You act as if the country will implode if new federal agencies and rules are not written to control more of what we do.

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but the total number of eight hour days the federal legislative branch will be in session, from now until Sept are something like 23 days. Even when they are working, they really aren't there too much for that $175,000 annual paycheck.

Last edited by OICU812; 05-16-2014 at 10:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 10:07 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
As you've probably noticed, little iamme places great faith in his mentor Goebbels' dictum that if you tell a big enough lie, often enough, people will believe it and it becomes The Truth. It forms the basis for all his insults, lies, and smear about conservatives... none of which he can back up.
Again, you shouldn't create posts about a screen name while ignoring the topic.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:09 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I don't make assumptions. I have read a lot of books about conservatives. I have listened to a lot of conservatives talk about Americans and public policy and there is no doubt that conservatives generally speaking hate millions of their fellow Americans and think of them as moocher, takers, breeders, criminals, immoral, etc and so on. These kinds of words are the actual words that conservatives use to describe their fellow Americans over and over and over again.

So no Iam on solid ground with my analysis of conservatism.
As I said, little iamme can't back up a bit of it. Just offer vague "I read it somewhere" platitudes. While ignoring the millions of conservatives that are nothing like the constant lies and smears he spews about them.

Notice how his only reaction to my pointing this out, is some strange statement about his own screen name, as though it mattered?

Old 05-16-2014, 10:10 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
think of them as moocher, takers, breeders, criminals, immoral, etc and so on.
Moocher, Takers:
What do you prefer people think of others who live off the tax payer? Especially when they make no attempt to get off the dole?

Breeders:
What do you prefer people that have kids they can't afford and expect the tax payer to pay for them? Do you actually think people want to go to work, bust their butts all day, be away from their family to support people like this?

Immoral:
Do you think having kids you can't afford is moral?

Add Self Centered:
To bring kids into this world without being able to support them, bringing them into to poverty is self centered. No concern for the children and it's not right.

Easy, or Naive:
For any woman to think they will change any man who fathered kids to multiple woman is called dumb and easy. I would think their history would make woman run the other way. Those men should be a pariah.

This is not to attack. It is because people can't understand why you don't see the obvious, then again, when you're self centered you wouldn't, that's the definition, think about yourself with no concern for others.

Last edited by petch751; 05-16-2014 at 10:28 AM..

Old 05-16-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
I accuse conservatives in general, not screen names. And conservatism as a political ideology is at it core about exclusion and that manifests itself in the need for conservative to have out groups they that both hate and fear.

I stand by that. I think it without a doubt accurate and explains much of what conservatives do and say in the area of public policy..
You only believe this because you have piled every evil intention and nefarious thought unto the label of conservative.

"All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil, to crazy Ahab, were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Moby Dick. He piled upon the whale’s white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart’s shell upon it."

Old 05-16-2014, 10:12 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
I don't make assumptions. I have read a lot of books about conservatives. I have listened to a lot of conservatives talk about Americans and public policy and there is no doubt that conservatives generally speaking hate millions of their fellow Americans and think of them as moocher, takers, breeders, criminals, immoral, etc and so on. These kinds of words are the actual words that conservatives use to describe their fellow Americans over and over and over again.

So no Iam on solid ground with my analysis of conservatism.
Two rich republican/conservatives started to give he a hard time like i was a mooch. I just asked them if they had even been beat up in a fight. They shut up.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
As I said, little iamme can't back up a bit of it. Just offer vague "I read it somewhere" platitudes. While ignoring the millions of conservatives that are nothing like the constant lies and smears he spews about them.

Notice how his only reaction to my pointing this out, is some strange statement about his own screen name, as though it mattered?
Shhhh, he's hunting his white whale.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:13 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
What is a Conservative Democrat?

Old 05-16-2014, 10:16 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I heard this idea in another thread and I wonder what is the difference Republican and Conservative. I understand Republican is a political party and Conservative is a political philosophy. But we see a huge cross-section between the two. A good number of Republicans are indeed Conservative. Those who aren't (and even less conservative people) gets the RINO (Republican In Name Only) title.

To me, the difference is just as I said is the difference between a political party and a political philosophy
Basically the difference is this. A conservative wonders how they could have found the remains of a 13 year old girl that was here before the Earth??

Teenage girl's 13,000-year-old wisdom tooth sheds light on early Native American origins | The Rundown | PBS NewsHour

A republican says, huh??

Old 05-16-2014, 10:17 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Actually, you're describing Neo-Cons' actions, not conservatives. I hold quite a bit of disdain for Neo-Cons. They're big government, but only for 'certain' things. It's a hypocritical position. Conservatives are for a smaller central government (and yes that includes SS, Medicare, and military) and having government local as much as possible. We are not exclusionary in the least. In fact, the primary tenet of conservatives is that everyone has equal opportunity and equal standing. This does mean no special programs for certain groups but also not exclusions of any groups either - true equal footing. I think someone earlier said 'true' conservatives compromise a smaller percentage of the modern day Republican party and yes, that's true (although I disagree on that percentage). That's also why you have seen so much upheaval in the Republican party as we try and purge our party of these Neo-Cons.
No, neo cons want to use the military to spread democracy around the globe and again, understand when GWBush was president not that long ago, he put into place some of that neo-con militaristic vision and that was the most popular aspect of his presidency with conservatives.

conservatives are not for smaller government it is a lie or a self deception. conservatives love the three largest federal government programs that are the costliest, that are the most controlled by government with the most government employees.

The vast majority of republicans self identify as conservatives.
This is objective reality.

Not to mention that conservatives supported the huge expansion of government to fight the War on Terror, in fact again that fight and expansion of government power is what conservatives loved most about GWBush.

They loved when the federal government banned gay marriage.

They generally support expanding military and police power.

They generally support expanding government control over voting laws.

They generally support expanding government control over immigration.

So conservatives have not and are not for small government and have never been for small government.

They are for maintaining the power of the group that has traditionally held power, and they are for domination and of out groups. That's it everything else flows from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies