Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 12:53 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,246,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
I was listening to a radio show last night where some guy was explaining the naval intelligence had him traveling forward in time. Are you going to make a post about that?
I will eave that lunacy to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 07:30 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,971,126 times
I just want to add that the funniest PMS thing I have ever seen was in the grocery store where a lady had beer, ice cream and female products on the checklist conveyor belt thing. I looked at her, she looked at me, I said I understand. She smiled and said, "thank you."

Old 08-31-2014, 08:56 PM

41,991 posts, read 75,287,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Female problems are female problems, not male problems.
You weren't paying attention when you took your vows, were you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And you are automatically blaming this on hormones??? Maybe these girls you are dating are just immature, which sounds like it lol Big difference.
Think about it ... Who's the one common factor in all of those failed relationships?

Old 08-31-2014, 09:13 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,982,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Sure, okay, just pay females less than males to compensate
They already do that.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:27 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,223,431 times
I see a lot of men here claiming this is a big joke. Clearly they have never experienced gut wrenching pain that leaves you lying on the floor in a fetal position crying. The type of pain that will actually make you puke, it is so bad. It's so much fun to look forward to every flogging month too!

Even really bad cramps can mostly be controlled with proper pain pills though, as long as you space the pills out properly and don't miss any.

I would guess that a menstrual leave from work would have something more to do with an actual medical condition outside of the normal excruciating cramps that many women get.

I would love to see men experience cramps. They would have nursing stations set up in every workplace where the men could cry and pass out while nurses fanned them and fed them pain pills. They couldn't handle it.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:30 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,236,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I just want to add that the funniest PMS thing I have ever seen was in the grocery store where a lady had beer, ice cream and female products on the checklist conveyor belt thing. I looked at her, she looked at me, I said I understand. She smiled and said, "thank you."
I understand too. 'Murica is getting fat.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:33 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,774,210 times
I'm not advocating this type of leave but I just wanted to explain what those cramps feel like.

Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night and your leg was extremely tight and stiff, you were suffering from a Charley Horse. You could not move your leg, it was frozen. The muscle spasms very painfully and until the muscle calms down, you were pretty well incapacitated for the duration. Right?

Now, take this Charley Horse and the pain lasts for 5 days. Some women get it so severe, they either need to have sex (great relief by the way) or take medicine and deal with it, along with a heating pad to relax the muscles.

If you studied health class, you know she is trying to expel blood from the uterus. If you think that's easy to do, without feeling NOTHING, then the next thing worse from that feeling is having a baby. ....Which is the Charley Horse feeling magnified 200 times...

Old 08-31-2014, 09:36 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,236,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I'm not advocating this type of leave but I just wanted to explain what those cramps feel like.

Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night and your leg was extremely tight and stiff, you were suffering from a Charley Horse. You could not move your leg, it was frozen. The muscle spasms very painfully and until the muscle calms down, you were pretty well incapacitated for the duration. Right?

Now, take this Charley Horse and the pain lasts for 5 days. Some women get it so severe, they either need to have sex (great relief by the way) or take medicine and deal with it, along with a heating pad to relax the muscles.

If you studied health class, you know she is trying to expel blood from the uterus. If you think that's easy to do, without feeling NOTHING, then the next thing worse from that feeling is having a baby. ....Which is the Charley Horse feeling magnified 200 times...
Again, this should be treated as a medical condition covered under the FMLA.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:14 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,469,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
I see a lot of men here claiming this is a big joke. Clearly they have never experienced gut wrenching pain that leaves you lying on the floor in a fetal position crying. The type of pain that will actually make you puke, it is so bad. It's so much fun to look forward to every flogging month too!
I don't think they're saying the pain is a big joke. I think they are saying paid leave for it is a big joke. It's way too open to abuse.
Quote:
Even really bad cramps can mostly be controlled with proper pain pills though, as long as you space the pills out properly and don't miss any.

I would guess that a menstrual leave from work would have something more to do with an actual medical condition outside of the normal excruciating cramps that many women get.
Well if there is a documented medical condition, then that changes things entirely. That is far different from just being able to call in once a month and get several paid days off in addition to all the vacation and sick leave that others get.
Quote:
I would love to see men experience cramps. They would have nursing stations set up in every workplace where the men could cry and pass out while nurses fanned them and fed them pain pills. They couldn't handle it.
No, they wouldn't. See, men work in sewers. Men work riveting bolts on high rises. Men work on oil rigs in the middle of the ocean. Men work doing patrols in the desert with terrorists and explosives all around them. The idea that women are super special and men just have no comprehension of how hard and strenuous a woman's life is is a popular self congratulation narrative of feminists, but it has no basis in reality. Men have their own life and work experiences that 99% of women never deal with as well. Over 90% of workplace injuries and fatalities are experienced by men. Men and women each have their own physical and emotional things to deal with in life that the other sex doesn't and neither sex has a monopoly on dealing with pain or hard work.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:42 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,151,645 times
I dont know. Im not against it, but it seems out of balance, and could be detrimental to considering hiring or promoting females in the first place.

Barbie and Ken are candidates for a promotion. The higher ups naturally chose Ken, because not only will he NOT be taking maturnity leave, but he also will not require 12 extra weeks of menstrual leave a year.

Ken...I mean, men will be considered more productive employees based on gender alone.

I guess men could go around getting their gonads slammed once a month, but failing that...it just doesnt seem fair. And, Im a working woman...go figure...*shrugs*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies