Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 12:59 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
No, he won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 01:11 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,751,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
So, in other words, you aren't even going to address what I said, nor what Mark Cuban said. Got it!
You used sarcasm against me, don't be a Black Supremacist!

Old 05-29-2014, 01:14 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,751,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
I understand that one bidder is a group of Middle East Muslims. I hazard to guess what would happen if the NBA would reject their bid!!! I could foresee a HUGE discrimination lawsuit against the NBA (team owners) with damages far in excess of $1 Billion.

The NBA's Commissioner Silver, and team owners, better quickly start thinking about what they themselves have EVER said (or done) in the last 3 decades...keeping uppermost in their mind that JUST their PRIVATE thoughts, opinions, views and beliefs (without any action) is all that is important, which WILL RESULT (if team owners vote 75% to oust Sterling) in the NBA force-selling their team, being fined $2.5 Million and banned for life.

In my view - the NBA needs to pay dearly in court for what they have [already] done to Sterling. I still think if Sterling brings suit that what the NBA is doing will never hold up.

PS - What about Sterling's black girlfriend makes him a racist?
Sure let's kick the Jew of the league & replace him with Muslims. The Israel lobby will be in touch soon.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:27 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
No, he won't.
I bet he will and if he doesn't this opens up a can of worms for the NBA and it will be used against them FOREVER! Anytime someone is caught saying something, whether it be taped unknowingly in private or heard on the street corner, they will be forced to sell their team and demand that they are banned for life. There WILL be a ton of scared NBA people out there.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:01 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,477,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I bet he will and if he doesn't this opens up a can of worms for the NBA and it will be used against them FOREVER! Anytime someone is caught saying something, whether it be taped unknowingly in private or heard on the street corner, they will be forced to sell their team and demand that they are banned for life. There WILL be a ton of scared NBA people out there.
BINGO! And I hope there are tremendously severe consequences (multi-million dollar fines and 100 game suspensions) for NBA players too when (not IF) they say anything at all offensive...or even have a thought or belief or opinion that could be taken wrong by anyone, at any time, or at any place...including in the privacy of their home.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:40 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
BINGO! And I hope there are tremendously severe consequences (multi-million dollar fines and 100 game suspensions) for NBA players too when (not IF) they say anything at all offensive...or even have a thought or belief or opinion that could be taken wrong by anyone, at any time, or at any place...including in the privacy of their home.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:43 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,384,322 times
I encountered that problem before. A white guy or black guy etc, not scary. Somebody trying to break into my home, and me catching them in the act twice, is scary. That has happen to me before, after awhile being around people, nothing looks scary, until you encounter somebody who sticks out like a sore thumb.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:58 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
I understand that one bidder is a group of Middle East Muslims. I hazard to guess what would happen if the NBA would reject their bid!!! I could foresee a HUGE discrimination lawsuit against the NBA (team owners) with damages far in excess of $1 Billion.

The NBA's Commissioner Silver, and team owners, better quickly start thinking about what they themselves have EVER said (or done) in the last 3 decades...keeping uppermost in their mind that JUST their PRIVATE thoughts, opinions, views and beliefs (without any action) is all that is important, which WILL RESULT (if team owners vote 75% to oust Sterling) in the NBA force-selling their team, being fined $2.5 Million and banned for life.

In my view - the NBA needs to pay dearly in court for what they have [already] done to Sterling. I still think if Sterling brings suit that what the NBA is doing will never hold up.

PS - What about Sterling's black girlfriend makes him a racist?

Well, from what I understand, Sterling will agree to sell the team, and will end up with 2 billion dollars. So, who has the last laugh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies