Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 09:37 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,149,703 times

Advertisements

I agree with Cuban.

Quote:

"I know I'm prejudiced and I know I'm bigoted in a lot of different ways. If
I see a black kid in a hoodie on my side of the street, I'll move to the other
side of the street. If I see a white guy with a shaved head and tattoos, I'll
move back to the other side of the street. None of us have pure thoughts; we all
live in glass houses."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/m...terling-052214
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 09:38 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,536,798 times
So does everyone else who inhabits the real world. I stereotpye all the time to keep my family safe. I don't give a rats ass if someone 7 states over is offended by how I view people. Eat it.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:39 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,881,944 times
Default "If I see a black guy in a hoodie I'm walking to the other side of the street..if a see a white guy w/ tatoos all over..

I'm walking to the other side of the street".. Mark Cuban

Let me guess he's racist and should lose his team over it!

Mark Cuban On Donald Sterling: We're All Racist, Bigoted - Business Insider

Old 05-22-2014, 09:44 AM

46,310 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Gonna get the pop-corn out for this one....

Should be fun to see peoples reactions, will they follow the "sterling" route or does Mark get a pass because he stated the he is "prejudice."

Do we need to define what "prejudice" is....or will it be defined for us?

Old 05-22-2014, 09:47 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
I'm walking to the other side of the street".. Mark Cuban

Let me guess he's racist and should lose his team over it!

Mark Cuban On Donald Sterling: We're All Racist, Bigoted - Business Insider

Funny. They were discussing this on the local morning sports talk show this morning. In the case of Donald Sterling who is being banned for life from the NBA for making comments in private that were recorded, who is to say that Sterling doesn't go on CNN again, and out a few other owners for things they've said? Get your popcorn ready, and let the witch hunts begin from the PC and thought police!

Old 05-22-2014, 09:51 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
So does everyone else who inhabits the real world. I stereotpye all the time to keep my family safe. I don't give a rats ass if someone 7 states over is offended by how I view people. Eat it.

I agree too. I love how what they really wanted to take from what he was trying to say was his two badly worded examples. But, he was being honest and I respect that. I also think he was being honest of how most people feel. To deal with this issue at some point we have to be able to honestly and openly talk about it. Other wise we are just sweeping it under the rug like always and hoping that it will just go away on its own. It wont. But when people do openly try to talk honest about it, this is what they get. Thrown under the bus, because there's a very fine line that people have to walk on within the realms of what they think and want to say and what they know they can't say. Of course, I'm from the belief that we are all a bit prejudice to some degree. However, we can't do anything about it if we cannot acknowledge the truth that we are all like this. This is one case where I will generalize. We are all prejudice to an extent whether we know it or not. However, we've had this under the surface "fear" that we always have to say the right thing in fear of not being politically correct.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 05-22-2014 at 10:00 AM..

Old 05-22-2014, 09:55 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Take his team! Ban him for life!

Old 05-22-2014, 10:01 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Why is this even a thread?

Cuban has a right to feel anyway he wants to feel.

Big deal.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:03 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Take his team! Ban him for life!

For him saying that we are all prejudice? That is ridiculous. Political correctness has gone to far when we can't even say the truth without people ready to lynch someone. Mark Cuban is no more prejudice than you or I. Should we all have everything we've earned taken from us?

There was a black analyst from Espn that I used to like. Rob something or other and he lost his job because he used some phrase describing some brothers as corn row brothers and the reference was that those brothers were more black sort of speak than the other brothers. He was fired for that. Damn, we are getting touchy. This generation wouldn't have survived the seventies. You had prejudice sitcoms on both sides. You had "All in the family", which if you really understood the sub plots, the irony of his racism was that "he" Archie Bunker" was the ignorant one. Then we had show's like "The Jeffersons" George Jefferson used the word "hon ky" like he was winning money from saying it. We all had thick enough skin then and nobody was whining like little girls on a daily basis for this. I personally don't care what anyone say's about my ethnicity. It's just their opinion, what or why do I care?

Last edited by supermanpansy; 05-22-2014 at 10:11 AM..

Old 05-22-2014, 10:20 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
For him saying that we are all prejudice? That is ridiculous. Political correctness has gone to far when we can't even say the truth without people ready to lynch someone. Mark Cuban is no more prejudice than you or I. Should we all have everything we've earned taken from us?

There was a black analyst from Espn that I used to like. Rob something or other and he lost his job because he used some phrase describing some brothers as corn row brothers and the reference was that those brothers were more black sort of speak than the other brothers. He was fired for that. Damn, we are getting touchy. This generation wouldn't have survived the seventies. You had prejudice sitcoms on both sides. You had "All in the family", which if you really understood the sub plots, the irony of his racism was that "he" Archie Bunker" was the ignorant one. Then we had show's like "The Jeffersons" George Jefferson used the word "hon ky" like he was winning money from saying it. We all had thick enough skin then and nobody was whining like little girls on a daily basis for this. I personally don't care what anyone say's about my ethnicity. It's just their opinion, what or why do I care?

I think you must have missed the sarcasm in Sour's post, which is understandable, because it doesn't always translate via keyboard. However; you're right about that people have really gotten too thin skinned these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies