Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 12:36 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yes you did...follow your own posts:

post 30^^^

Post 37 ^^^

I asked you in post 30 what is your difiniation of "prejudice"?

In post 37, you stated "about the same."

O.K., so lets play your little game....when you said "about the same" who were you refering to?

I was saying that i agree that this is about what the definition of prejudice is. That is not the same as saying i share his prejudices.

Do you understand now ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 12:39 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Damn dude...I asked you what your definiation of prejudice was...you said about the same (as cuban) ...it's been quoted many times...you wuold just not cross the road...

You have to be able to set yourself straight before you an set anyone else straight, which you have done neither.
Your interpreted me as saying "The Same" as meaning i felt the same. You were wrong.

You misinterpreted my post. And instead of reading my follow up post and saying you misunderstood, you are trying to claim I said something i never posted.

You never even asked me how i felt, you asked me what my definition of the word was.

You interpreted me saying I wouldnet move as " I feel the same but would just stay there", when in reality I was saying . " I dont feel the same and that is why i wouldnt move".

Old 05-22-2014, 01:00 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,140,801 times
Cuban simply said (more or less) that everyone has prejudices. Whether about race, gender, sexual preference, subculture, etc., we all have them and it's well past time we admitted it. Heck, even 5 year olds have prejudices.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:05 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
"There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved...."

Jesse Jackson
Remarks at a meeting of Operation PUSH in Chicago (27 November 1993).

Old 05-22-2014, 01:34 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Cuban simply said (more or less) that everyone has prejudices. Whether about race, gender, sexual preference, subculture, etc., we all have them and it's well past time we admitted it. Heck, even 5 year olds have prejudices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
"There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved...."

Jesse Jackson
Yep! But people won't accept it...

Old 05-22-2014, 02:11 PM

39,237 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Yep! But people won't accept it...
I think people would like to believe they are not prejudiced and they do try hard in order not to offend anybody, but it is kind of hard to live up to everyone's expectations. I believe clear-thinking people don't really care what color or ethnicity you are, clear-thinking people care only how you treat them as individuals. (key words: Clear thinking)

Bernard Baruch once said "We didn't all come over on the same ship, but we are all in the same boat." Obviously, no race has a monopoly on racism. It is never too late to give up prejudices, I am afraid a lot of people just don't know how. A lot of people including myself.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:14 PM

39,237 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post

Jesse Jackson
Replace the bolded with "nicely dressing people" is how I have felt many times in my life.. I honestly believe this country is divided by class, not so much by race.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:44 PM

6,824 posts, read 14,041,292 times
Seems we have a few different topics going on here. Like Cuban said we all have some prejudices. I think him saying a black person wearing a hoodie was a bad example because I see them everyday and that that does not concern me. A better example may have been a black guy wearing gold teeth, sagging pants and tatted up. By nature we will try to avoid anyone who appears be a threat. I think we all have a survival instinct within us and it is not racist to go with your instinct.

The interview did not address the Donald Sterling incident but many people are making that jump. Donald Sterling is losing his team because he tarnished the brand of the NBA. The other owners could careless if he is racist or not. What they do care about is losing money due the actions of one of their on. The NBA does not have the right to take the team from Sterling and he not be compensated. They do have the right to force him to sale the team due to him breaking the agreement he signed when given a team. Sterling could have said he hated women, jews or children and the results would have been the exact same.

Reggie

Old 05-22-2014, 02:46 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 4 hours ago)

52,700 posts, read 47,975,215 times
Mark Cuban may be a good businessman, but he can be a real PR nightmare.

By the way, you can also visit this thread; it's got the same subject on there.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...k-cuban-i.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies