Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2014, 03:57 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
So does everyone else who inhabits the real world. I stereotpye all the time to keep my family safe. I don't give a rats ass if someone 7 states over is offended by how I view people. Eat it.
Amen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 03:58 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
I wonder what he'd do if he saw 'a black kid in a hoodie' sinking one three-pointer after another?

Old 05-22-2014, 04:00 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times
Default The perpetually outraged are outraged yet again.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Why no thread title of "Mark Cuban would cross the street if he saw a white guy with tattoos all over?"
I was going to say: this part of his quote is conveniently missing from all the headlines. Gee I wonder why

Fact is most people who feel threatened by whatever or whoever are going to cross the street.

A lot of people are afraid of big bald white guys with tattoos. That's not racist any more than being nervous around a black guy who looks like he's part of a gang.

Self-preservation takes precedence over political correctness.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I was going to say: this part of his quote is conveniently missing from all the headlines. Gee I wonder why

Fact is most people who feel threatened by whatever or whoever are going to cross the street.

A lot of people are afraid of big bald white guys with tattoos. That's not racist any more than being nervous around a black guy who looks like he's part of a gang.

Speak for yourself....I ain't crossing the street.

What's the sense in even leaving your house if your right to walk down the sidewalk is comprised by a baldheaded white guy or a Black Dude in a hoodie. That's ridiculous.

If they have a problem with sharing a sidewalk without being a menace, then THEY should walk across the street...not me.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:12 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,551,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Great post! Superman!

I think we all have said something behind close doors that we are not going to say in public. Are we all racists? I don't think so. But we as humans are subject to prejudice, personal opinions, and don't forget, we are who are are through experiences also.

Racism still exists, as we all know. But I think the purpose of life is to help as many people of all races as you can. Be true to yourself, live an authentic life, and create a better future. I try to be true to myself, not to some political fad that suffocates my individualism by emphasizing racial, ethnic, or religious background.
Here's liberal Juan Williams

[youtube]
=71pWw51uLsc[youtube]

Old 05-22-2014, 04:12 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post

In the context of the quote, you are saying wearing a hoodie makes you look like you are part of a gang, is that what you are saying ????

Old 05-22-2014, 04:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Just because jackson said it doesnt make it right, and im pretty sure the context was different,as someone already posted the quote on another thread.
It wasn't different.

"I hate to admit it, but I have reached a stage in my life that if I am walking down a dark street late at night and I see that the person behind me is white, I subconsciously feel relieved."

Old 05-22-2014, 04:14 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Cuban is paying black players millions of dollars a year.......yep he's a racist just like Sterling. Oh wait he has a tall white guy on his team named Dirk............best take his team away..........lol

Old 05-22-2014, 04:15 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Here we go again.
Being honest in this world of political correctness will get you nowhere.

http://gregorydbarker.com/wordpress/...orrectness.jpg

Old 05-22-2014, 04:16 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
In the context of the quote, you are saying wearing a hoodie makes you look like you are part of a gang, is that what you are saying ????
If you see bunch of guys wearing a KC Royals hat or Reds hat late at night walking towards you then you best move around em the best you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies