Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2014, 03:25 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times

Advertisements

Have the manmade-global-whatever fanatics ever come up with an actual link between man's activites and the climate changes we are seeing? Or are they still ducking, dodging, shucking, and jiving away?

Climates frequently change.

Sometimes the climate gets warmer.

And sometimes it gets colder.

That's been going on for as long as the planet has been orbiting the Sun. Or, as long as it's had a climate, at least.

And man has never had the slightest influence on it.

Even the leftist loons who scream about how we have to use government to change everything, go back to the stone age, etc., to prevent some unknown catastrophe, have never been able to come up with even ONE study or example that backs up their claims.

What's funny is that, when they do name some study, it invariably turns out to be nothing but a bunch of long-winded claims which, finally, refer to some other "study" for proof. And what is in that other "study"? You guessed it - more long-winded claims, and eventually a reference to yet another study. And you can guess what is in that one, too.

The leftist global-whatever loons have been insisting on impending doom, and the urgent need to give government massive powers to change every bit of our lives to "avoid" that doom, for at least 40 years by my count. Literally billions of dollars have changed hands - usually into their hands - all over the world. And they still haven't come up with one shred of proof that man has had the least bit of influence on the climate changes that happen regularly around us. Nor is there any proof that man can do anything to change it.

***40 YEARS*** of screaming, caterwauling, and doomsaying. All without the slightest proof. Just references to references to references, ad infinitum. And demands that they be given complete power over all of us, and that we send more and more of our resources to them, to change what they cannot change.

Old 05-30-2014, 03:25 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
NASA is a damn space agency, or was atleast. They aren't a climate agency. NASA relies on funding from the federal gov. so they will say and do anything to keep that funding.
Exactly! And remember, NASA's funding had been diminishing for years until they jumped on the climate alarmism bandwagon.
But, yeah, ask yourselves what the National Aeronautics and SPACE Administration has to do with climate change. We have an EPA for Pete's sake! Follow the money, they looked for an excuse to jump on the environmental alarmism bandwagon and they now have a steady supply of increased funding and relevancy.
What do you think the odds are of impartial, non-political, non-activist SCIENCE being conducted by them?

What's REALLY interesting is when you get retired NASA scientists who don't have careers or funding on the line and listen to their views on the matter:
http://stateimpact.npr.org/texas/201...e-change-fray/

Old 05-30-2014, 03:38 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Global warming conspiracy theorists typically allege that, through worldwide acts of professional and criminal misconduct, the science behind global warming has been invented or distorted for ideological or financial reasons, or both.

The evidence for global warming due to human influence has been recognized by the national science academies of all the major industrialized countries. No scientific body of national or international standing maintains a formal opinion dissenting from the summary conclusions of the IPCC.

There have been allegations of malpractice, most notably in the Climatic Research Unit email controversy. Eight committees investigated these allegations and published reports, each finding no evidence of fraud or scientific misconduct. The Muir Russell report stated that the scientists' "rigour and honesty as scientists are not in doubt," that the investigators "did not find any evidence of behaviour that might undermine the conclusions of the IPCC assessments," but that there had been "a consistent pattern of failing to display the proper degree of openness. The scientific consensus that global warming is occurring as a result of human activity remained unchanged at the end of the investigations. Global warming conspiracy theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-30-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Exactly! And remember, NASA's funding had been diminishing for years until they jumped on the climate alarmism bandwagon.
But, yeah, ask yourselves what the National Aeronautics and SPACE Administration has to do with climate change. We have an EPA for Pete's sake! Follow the money, they looked for an excuse to jump on the environmental alarmism bandwagon and they now have a steady supply of increased funding and relevancy.
What do you think the odds are of impartial, non-political, non-activist SCIENCE being conducted by them?

What's REALLY interesting is when you get retired NASA scientists who don't have careers or funding on the line and listen to their views on the matter:
Retired NASA Scientists Enter Climate Change Fray | StateImpact Texas
I really think I'm going to have to begin wearing my tinfoil hat in these climate debates, as you deniers are starting to sound a lot like the chemtrail nuts.

Old 05-30-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
It's not strange at all. To a denialist, science means automatically believing anything that parrots right-wing lies and automatically declaring to be fraudulent anything that contradicts them.

These threads make a lot more sense in that light.
Correction, you are only telling half of the story...
To be a climate alarmist means that you automatically assume that any science that agrees with your view was conducted free from the influences of politics, activism, dogma and greed and is infallible. Anything that disagrees with your view, you automatically assume was influenced by big oil money and/or right wing religious nuts.

I said it before and it bears repeating:
There are good intentions as well as corruption, dogma and greed on BOTH sides of this debate.
Pretending it's black and white or good versus evil is both naive and stupid.

Old 05-30-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There have been allegations of malpractice, most notably in the Climatic Research Unit email controversy. Eight committees investigated these allegations and published reports, each finding no evidence of fraud or scientific misconduct
Yeah, truly IMPARTIAL committees like the NSA, the EPA and a few liberal universities. That's like asking Bernie Madoff to audit his own books and believing him when he tells you everything is on the up and up.
Give me a break. Read the actual emails.

Old 05-30-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I really think I'm going to have to begin wearing my tinfoil hat in these climate debates, as you deniers are starting to sound a lot like the chemtrail nuts.
Yeah what gave me away? Could it have been my linking to an article from that well known conspiracy site NPR?

Old 05-30-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Yeah, truly IMPARTIAL committees like the NSA, the EPA and a few liberal universities. That's like asking Bernie Madoff to audit his own books and believing him when he tells you everything is on the up and up.
Give me a break. Read the actual emails.
Of course....It's a world wide conspiracy just like chemtrails, hiding UFOs etc. etc. I've read the e-mails... http://www.cce-review.org/pdf/FINAL%20REPORT.pdf

Old 05-30-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Yeah what gave me away? Could it have been my linking to an article from that well known conspiracy site NPR?
No, it is the absolute lack of any evidence produced by you, or any other denialist that supports your conspiracy theory.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:27 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
NASA is a damn space agency, or was atleast. They aren't a climate agency. NASA relies on funding from the federal gov. so they will say and do anything to keep that funding.
Global warming takes place in the Earths atmosphere (the atmosphere makes space vehicles like the space shuttle get very hot when returning to Earth.) Who knows more about our atmosphere than NASA?

And combating global warming hurts businesses profits and it makes products more expensive for consumers. Both of those things decrease federal tax revenues. NASA gets its funding from the federal government, and combating global warming will decrease NASA's funding.

What benefit does NASA get from saying man made global warming is happening?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies