Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2014, 08:32 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
So you have to freeze to be able to afford the heat bill.
It means the multi-mansion owning people like the Al Gore's, Nancy Pelosi's and Hollywood types of society just continue to use the same heat. While asking the poor and others to use less.......bunch of "Chicken Littles!"

Amazing how people pay for others to tell them lies, all the while getting rich! Wonder why Al Gore sold Current TV to Al Jazeera a "oil financed" company??

Old 05-31-2014, 08:41 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,745,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yeah, so will I....Dyson agrees that anthropogenic global warming exists, and has written that of the main causes of warming is the increase of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere resulting from our burning of fossil fuels such as oil and coal and natural gas.
And....and, you left the rest out. Anyone can see on the internet that Dyson also believes that this increase in carbon does not cause warming in the "real world". Typically dishonest half truths expressed by you. I consider the manner in which you posted about Dyson here proof that you are not to be trusted on this issue. I suggest people look up Dyson on Youtube & see what Dyson says about global warming. I've avoided dealing with you directly, not because I'm rude, but because I consider you a fanatic. I'm done with you. I don't have all the answers, but was taught how to think critically, something you, and a lot of people out here could do well to learn.

Last edited by Brave Stranger; 05-31-2014 at 09:19 PM..

Old 05-31-2014, 08:46 PM

1,245 posts, read 924,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
It means the multi-mansion owning people like the Al Gore's, Nancy Pelosi's and Hollywood types of society just continue to use the same heat. While asking the poor and others to use less.......bunch of "Chicken Littles!"

Amazing how people pay for others to tell them lies, all the while getting rich! Wonder why Al Gore sold Current TV to Al Jazeera a "oil financed" company??

Very interesting.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:39 PM

33,554 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
And....and, you left the rest out. Anyone can see on the internet that Dyson also believes that this increase in carbon does not cause warming in the "real world". Typically dishonest half truths expressed by you. I consider the manner in which you posted about Dyson here proof that you are not to be trusted on this issue. I suggest people look up Dyson on Youtube & see what Dyson says about global warming. I've avoided dealing with you directly, not because I'm rude, but because I consider you a fanatic. I'm done with you. I don't have all the answers, but was taught how to think critically, something you, and a lot of people out here could do well to learn.
You take the word of one 90 year old theoretical physicist and mathematician who freely admits that he is not a climate expert over thousands of scientists who are?....That is insane.

"I'm not saying the warming doesn't cause problems, obviously it does. Obviously we should be trying to understand it. I'm saying that the problems are being grossly exaggerated"....Dyson

Dyson has suggested that carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere could be controlled by planting fast-growing trees. He calculates that it would take a trillion trees to remove all carbon from the atmosphere. (I guess the old guy wants us to freeze to death)

I found no instance where Dyson said, as you claimed that global warming is fake...You're gonna have to prove that one.

Last edited by sanspeur; 05-31-2014 at 09:50 PM..

Old 05-31-2014, 10:29 PM

I would suggest that people who want to understand just how horrific the warming fraud is go back & look at the exposure of the East Anglia papers known as Climategate. Another indication that the public is being lied to is when the president of the United States states that climate change is: "settled science". There's no such thing as settled science, Obama & his gang know that....they just don't respect you enough to think that you know that. Who can forget the 2 republicans Mitt & Newt in 2012 saying they no longer believe in warming. They believe in nothing, but power, like Obama.

Climate change is the ultimate grift.....it's worth billions of dollars for certain people & groups. We are is serious trouble as a nation when this chicken little nonsense is taken seriously.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:36 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
I would suggest that people who want to understand just how horrific the warming fraud is go back & look at the exposure of the East Anglia papers known as Climategate. Another indication that the public is being lied to is when the president of the United States states that climate change is: "settled science". There's no such thing as settled science, Obama & his gang know that....they just don't respect you enough to think that you know that. Who can forget the 2 republicans Mitt & Newt in 2012 saying they no longer believe in warming. They believe in nothing, but power, like Obama.

Climate change is the ultimate grift.....it's worth billions of dollars for certain people & groups. We are is serious trouble as a nation when this chicken little nonsense is taken seriously.
brilliantly said. too bad the alarmist crowd will try to rip you a new one now.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:38 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,484,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
If there were anything to this, it would be all over the news, not published in some obscure blog.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:43 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:

Actually this nation is in serious trouble because of the arrogance of man. I would suggest you think for yourself and use common sense instead of relying on others thoughts.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
brilliantly said. too bad the alarmist crowd will try to rip you a new one now.
I can deal

Old 05-31-2014, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
If there were anything to this, it would be all over the news, not published in some obscure blog.
Lol, the NYT will publish it right away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies