Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2014, 11:49 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,743,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You don't need any science background, you need to use common sense. Do you really think man does nothing to enhance climate change. Look what we put into the air, the waters and the dirt. You don't seem to care if we ruin this planet but many of us do because we need to think about future generations.
More green nonsense. The planet will be here long after we are gone. If you understood the history of the earth's climate. Its ice ages. Its warm & cool periods.....you would not be so alarmed. My intuition, my common sense, my street smarts & my education let me know when someone is trying to put one over on me. There is no such thing as global warming. The government wants a carbon tax so they can pay for more goodies & pensions on our backs & the university cranks want more grant money.

Ever hear that old saying: follow the money. That's the first thing an intelligent person does when confronted by claims such as climate change. Here's a fact: There is no such thing as settled science yet people like Obama say there is. So....we know he's lying about this. What does that tell you ? That perhaps he has an agenda ? Perhaps it involves billions of dollars of tax money going from the tax payer to the government ? Is this making any sense to you....it should.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:51 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Well, you just got done posting that you will believe what you want to believe and don't care what anybody else has to say. Therefore, by your own logic, we do not in fact have any responsibility to take care of our planet for future generations. It follows by your reasoning that only you have a responsibility to take care of our planet, not anyone else.

What? lol I never said I didn't care what anyone else said.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
More green nonsense. The planet will be here long after we are gone. If you understood the history of the earth's climate. Its ice ages. Its warm & cool periods.....you would not be so alarmed. My intuition, my common sense, my street smarts & my education let me know when someone is trying to put one over on me. There is no such thing as global warming. The government wants a carbon tax so they can pay for more goodies & pensions on our backs & the university cranks want more grant money.

Ever hear that old saying: follow the money. That's the first thing an intelligent person does when confronted by claims such as climate change. Here's a fact: There is no such thing as settled science yet people like Obama say there is. So....we know he's lying about this. What does that tell you ? That perhaps he has an agenda ? Perhaps it involves billions of dollars of tax money going from the tax payer to the government ? Is this making any sense to you....it should.
And more arrogance. We are killing the planet yet your focus is on the government.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:00 AM

As for my own background I took all the required college level science classes: physics, chemistry, biology & higher math at an Ivy League college. I did not major in the hard sciences, but I suspect I have a decent enough understanding of the subject matter. Or at least as much as these so-called climate experts that in fact are often failed weather men

Old 06-01-2014, 12:01 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,465,596 times
Quote:
What? lol I never said I didn't care what anyone else said.
That is exactly what you said. Post number 155 in this thread. The exact quote is "I've come to a conclusion that I don't care what anyone has to say about anything."

Old 06-01-2014, 12:03 AM

Quote:
And more arrogance. We are killing the planet yet your focus is on the government.
You can't be for real ? I'm trying to explain the political nature of so-called climate change because it's important to understand how & why this is being pushed on the public. And no....we are not killing the planet.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
That is exactly what you said. Post number 155 in this thread. The exact quote is "I've come to a conclusion that I don't care what anyone has to say about anything."
Bravo in catching her red-handed on this

Old 06-01-2014, 12:08 AM

Quote:
You can't be for real ? I'm trying to explain the political nature of so-called climate change because it's important to understand how & why this is being pushed on the public. And no....we are not killing the planet.
It may be political for you but not for me. I don't even read about any of this. To me it's just common sense. And yes, we are killing the planet

Old 06-01-2014, 12:08 AM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
As for my own background I took all the required college level science classes: physics, chemistry, biology & higher math at an Ivy League college. I did not major in the hard sciences, but I suspect I have a decent enough understanding of the subject matter. Or at least as much as these so-called climate experts that in fact are often failed weather men
You must mean failed weather men like Anthony Watts.....Why don't I believe you? Honor my request and post that evidence....

People who are working for an organisation which conducts primary research on climate science and publishes this work in peer-reviewed scientific journals should be listened to. There will be diverse opinions among this group – that is the nature of science – but provided their arguments are bound up in evidence and have survived rigorous pre-publication scrutiny and review, then they have to be considered a valid viewpoint.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Bravo in catching her red-handed on this
LOL Oh no
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies