Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2014, 06:44 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,921,617 times

Advertisements

One of the biggest reasons for food stamps was that in WW2 a large percentage of potential recruits were deemed unfit for military service due to being malnourished as children during the Depression. The military was one of the key agencies pushing for food stamps on the grounds that it would give them more fit soldiers for any future war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 08:03 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,957,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Well here is about how the food stamp program is run I am tired of it.

I work, I'm 40 years old and I am just sick of watching others live off my sweat and the strength of my will to work and take care of myself. These people are leeches.
80% of these people are life timers on these programs.

They sit at home all day and watch tv, have their welfare phones texting their other welfare friend's phones and eat the food and the rest of society has been providing to these losers for far to long. I am paying for my phone, my tv, my gas, electric, gas, car, bills so they can do what life off the governments hand outs.

These programs were created to keep the animals from revolting stealing and rioting of which is about the only time they do riot or complain is when their FOOD item they picked up doesn't match the sale sign. These idiots can't read and then blame the store because they can't ready 5lb bag not 4lb bag sale!!! Some how this is compassion for people who have no drive to work, and would rather play the system of food stamps. They complain and don't do crap and about the only thing they do complain about is because they are uneducated often and have no skills are busy striking at mcdonalds for 15 per hour. I wonder who these people are voting for? End the programs watch them get a job, or they will riot and or steal of which from a moral compass part lets see.. which is morally right stealing or working for what you earn. Or stealing from others via government and food stamps and some how that is ok.

I am complaining because while I struggle to pay food prices, taxes, gas prices and house payments I am sick of it.

They don't pay rent, they don't pay for just about anything, water, gas, electric, and likely if they do they have hidden cash often to cover whatever the food stamps don't cover and or for items like new sneakers, shoes, clothes, cars etc.

If your from another country they start you out early with food stamps, pay no taxes you get food stamps its like a system of FREE stuff forever in America. How is the eliminate the POOR program going let me know when food stamps makes you RICH And able to take care of yourself. Why ever get a job? Why pay for anything and these people think this is normal.
It's the people who live off these programs because in general they know better but don't care as long as they are getting their share and the government who keeps this crap going.
The farmers will be very unhappy if food stamps, AKA SNAP, are eliminated from the budget.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:06 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,489,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Good god. Most Americans pay virtually nothing in federal income tax. I wonder though, you seem to rant about constitutionality quite a bit, but where is Congress going to get the power to levy a sales tax if the activity does not involve interstate commerce?

Top 1%: 23.5%
Top 1-5%: 17.7%
Top 5-10%: 12.8%
Top 10-25%: 9.7%
Top 25-50%: 7%
Bottom 50%: 3.13%
Summary of Latest Federal Income Tax Data | Tax Foundation
That doesn't include FICA taxes, nor does it include any state or local taxes at all, nor any federal excise taxes, nor any share of federal corporate taxes passed on to consumers.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:09 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,045,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Yet you are dependent on the government! Everyone living in America is dependent on government because a stable federal government and state and local governments, enables everything else to work. It's the governments that you hate that enable our power grid to function, our communications systems to function, our entire economy to function, etc. You don't believe me? Look at how people are forced to live where there isn't a strong, stable central government and stable local governments. Heck, look at how the backwoods areas of America struggled before there were canals and plank turnpikes and railroads! Look at the Southeast before the Tennessee Valley Authority! The internet you're posting on is the result of government support!

Get a clue. Anarchy doesn't work. That's been demonstrated throughout history. What you get is petty warlords who rule however they want.

Since you don't like it here and think that your fellow Americans are either fools or animals, maybe you should pack your bags and head for some anarchistic haven like Somalia where maybe you can become a warlord yourself and force children to starve so you can hoard your pieces of silver.
Lunatics like the OP want anarchy so they care "finally kill the people who need killing." We all know the people he means - he calls them "animals" because the forums won't let him post the n-word.

I honestly wish hate-filled, bigoted, ignorant lunatics like him would just pack up and move to some degenerate hell-hole that lacks a government. They contribute nothing but problems to our society, and they might serve a useful role in some back-water hole... such as target practice.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:10 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,419,483 times
Quote:
Good god. Most Americans pay virtually nothing in federal income tax. I wonder though, you seem to rant about constitutionality quite a bit, but where is Congress going to get the power to levy a sales tax if the activity does not involve interstate commerce?

Top 1%: 23.5%
Top 1-5%: 17.7%
Top 5-10%: 12.8%
Top 10-25%: 9.7%
Top 25-50%: 7%
Bottom 50%: 3.13%
Summary of Latest Federal Income Tax Data | Tax Foundation
Its also missing social security taxes. I pay 6.2% PLUS another 6.2% from my employer for a total of 12.4% JUST in social security. Then the 12.8% as listed above....thats 23.2% So funny thing....I pay almost as much as the 1% when you include social security. Nice.

Then add in gas taxes, registration fees etc etc, and I assure you, as a % of my income I pay a higher rate then the 1%

Old 06-02-2014, 08:13 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,282,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
That doesn't include FICA taxes, nor does it include any state or local taxes at all, nor any federal excise taxes, nor any share of federal corporate taxes passed on to consumers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Its also missing social security taxes. I pay 6.2% PLUS another 6.2% from my employer for a total of 12.4% JUST in social security. Then the 12.8% as listed above....thats 23.2% So funny thing....I pay almost as much as the 1% when you include social security. Nice.

Then add in gas taxes, registration fees etc etc, and I assure you, as a % of my income I pay a higher rate then the 1%
The rant I was responding to was specifically targeting income taxes, so that's all I addressed.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:23 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,419,483 times
Quote:
The rant I was responding to was specifically targeting income taxes, so that's all I addressed.
Shrug, and suddenly because the facts are inconvenient you dont include social security in income taxes?

Seriously, I see this all the time, where people argue taxation, they like to cherry pick JUST federal taxation, and nothing else, excluding social security from that.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:30 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,925,720 times
Quote:
Shrug, and suddenly because the facts are inconvenient you dont include social security in income taxes?

Seriously, I see this all the time, where people argue taxation, they like to cherry pick JUST federal taxation, and nothing else, excluding social security from that.
SS was never meant as a welfare program. SS basic purpose is to force you to save a minimum amount for your old age. This is why SS is cut off after a certain income is reached.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:34 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,282,394 times
Quote:

What facts? The OP wants to eliminate the federal income tax because he thinks it's such a burden, but most people, on average, aren't paying much at all until you get to around $250K.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:50 PM

140 posts, read 127,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Yes, cut all the constitutionally mandated government functions before we limit our dole payments.
Lets remove all discretionary spending and put all that money into the defense budget. It's constitutionally mandated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies