Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 04:17 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,209,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Over baking a cake?
I think it's more about tyranny....intervening in the mans cake baking. Yea, that's more in line with what is going on.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:17 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,983,112 times
I'd post a sign on the front door saying Christian owned & operated place of business.

That's his legal right.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:18 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,334,167 times
Quote:
Over baking a cake?
Over being forced.

Most business owners have businesses because of their independent ways.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:20 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,969,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Just what exactly is a "gay" wedding cake?
It is a cake made specifically for a homosexual wedding.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:25 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,501 times
The story is complete BS, but it would be funny if it were true. [MOD CUT/off topic]

Old 06-05-2014, 04:27 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Oops...I accidentally spilled a little Comet in the Gold Medal.
That's not funny. Intentionally poisoning a food product should put that proprietor in prison for attempted murder. If you do not kill or sicken the customer then making an awful product would show that you are an awful baker and word would get around that one should not purchase baked goods from you. I don't mean you in particular, just a baker that would intentionally poison their product.

The judge is following State law. Their political affiliation is not an issue. The judge is upholding State Law and nothing more.

The owner and employees are not going to sensitivity training. They are being trained in State Law. There is not much to this. They have to follow other State Laws to run their business. This is just one more...

Old 06-05-2014, 04:27 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,149,450 times
I would never force someone to provide me a service. I've run into it myself, despite the fact that we can use all the water fountains. For me, a large part of why I just walked away had to do with the fact that I refuse to financially reward someone who thinks of me as some lesser human. But, I definitely wouldn't demand they feed me, I really don't want to risk someone spitting in my food or putting something even worse in there.

Quote:
Soooo...you would basically end up handing over your business to them after the resulting lawsuit?

Come on, I know you're a better businessman then that!
It wouldn't have to go to that level. They could mess up the lines on the cake, squish the icing flowers, add a little extra salt to the icing, accidentally throw a little of the wrong spice in the cake, make the cake layers crooked, give them stale cake, ..... and the possibilities for a crappy cake that doesn't rise to a business busting lawsuit can go on and on.

You can legislate and make someone bake a cake they don't want to but you can't force someone to do a good job.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:28 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,983,112 times
Simple solution: Bake a horrible tasting wedding cake.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:32 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Simple solution: Bake a horrible tasting wedding cake.
So if I opened up a clinic, and your Christianity offended me, I could do the same? If you bring your child in for a vaccination, I could give them an inert normal saline injection, giving them no protection whatsoever? Seems about right.
There's something really wrong with some people.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:38 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,149,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
So if I opened up a clinic, and your Christianity offended me, I could do the same? If you bring your child in for a vaccination, I could give them an inert normal saline injection, giving them no protection whatsoever? Seems about right.
There's something really wrong with some people.
It isn't right but people do crap like that. The more likely scenario with the shot is that the child will be given the shot in a way that hurts the child. There was a solider at a clinic where we were stationed that did just that to all officers' kids until they finally yanked him from that clinic. Nice, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies