Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 04:40 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,125,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I'd post a sign on the front door saying Christian owned & operated place of business.

That's his legal right.
and....?

Old 06-05-2014, 04:40 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,418,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
"Waaah! Making gay wedding cakes is against my religion! I'll make wedding cakes for tattooed people, thieves, tax cheats, adulterers, non-virgins, dog weddings, short-haired, pants-wearing women and divorce parties, but a gay wedding cake? That takes the cake! It's against my religion. Waaah!
so apparently noone is entitled to exercise there own beliefs if gays are offended?

I never in my life had the desire to give my money to any business i felt discriminated against me or my race or didnt treat me with respect

but here we are again with gay people and these "gay cakes".

go to the gay cake store and spend your money there. very simple.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:49 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,193,826 times
I agreed with most everyone who suppose the owner's decision. However, I do what to know if they refuse to serve blacks, will they still be the same type of support?

Old 06-05-2014, 04:52 PM

In case anyone cares to read it, he's the court order that was upheld:

https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/f..._2013-0008.pdf

Old 06-05-2014, 05:03 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,212,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
so apparently noone is entitled to exercise there own beliefs if gays are offended?

I never in my life had the desire to give my money to any business i felt discriminated against me or my race or didnt treat me with respect

but here we are again with gay people and these "gay cakes".

go to the gay cake store and spend your money there. very simple.
The irony is...they are the ones who cry the most on CD.

I think the best solution is what the owner opted....no wedding cakes, period.

Old 06-05-2014, 05:30 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,418,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
I agreed with most everyone who suppose the owner's decision. However, I do what to know if they refuse to serve blacks, will they still be the same type of support?
im black and it annoys me when everytime some gay issue happens someone wants to equate black with gay

black is your race, you are born black and there is no hiding it

gay has to do with sexual preference

gay people didnt experience the plight that blacks experienced

a gay person using the black card would be offensive to me if i was someone who got offended

Like i said in my previous post, i have no interest in patronizing an establishment if i felt i was being discriminated agsinst or not being respected.

Old 06-05-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
im black and it annoys me when everytime some gay issue happens someone wants to equate black with gay

black is your race, you are born black and there is no hiding it

gay has to do with sexual preference

gay people didnt experience the plight that blacks experienced

a gay person using the black card would be offensive to me if i was someone who got offended

Like i said in my previous post, i have no interest in patronizing an establishment if i felt i was being discriminated agsinst or not being respected.
So, to you, does that mean while it's wrong for a business to deny service to somebody because of his black skin, it's okay for the same business to deny service to somebody because he happens to be gay?

Old 06-05-2014, 05:59 PM

9,884 posts, read 11,005,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
YES, absolutely! It is called "Freedom of Association".
The sign is prominently posted in many businesses: WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE!
Of course, the courts and the government have DESTROYED that right, so the sign is pretty much meaningless these days.
Again, whenever a RIGHT is given to ANY certain group of people, a similar RIGHT must be taken away from somebody else!
Some folks think that is the correct thing to do.
I don't.

Old 06-05-2014, 06:01 PM

9,884 posts, read 11,005,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
So, to you, does that mean while it's wrong for a business to deny service to somebody because of his black skin, it's okay for the same business to deny service to somebody because he happens to be gay?
No matter how it is phrased, the answer has to be YES! It is, of course, proper for a business man to deny service to ANYBODY for ANY reason!
It is called FREEDOM!

Old 06-05-2014, 06:14 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,640,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I have read that he has the ultimate solution: He simply will no longer make wedding cakes for ANYBODY!
I totally agree with him!
This is what the homosexual militant bullies want. Do as we say or shut down. The homosexual militants threaten flooding social media with negative publicity should the baker urinate in the cake but why wait, just go ahead and do it now, that’s what they want to do anyway with anyone disagreeing and/or defying the homosexual agenda. They have absolutely no intentions whatsoever of ever eating food prepared under force and duress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies