Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2014, 12:53 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You should wait until granny strokes out from fear the kids wet there pants and start uncontrollable wailing. Then you should look for his NRA patch before defending yourself. lol sickeningly.
Whats sickening is that all you anti gun folks are using an argument that cannot be backed.....

Like I said from the beginning...just shoot him u taking action when you no clue what they are there for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 12:54 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Whats sickening is that all you anti gun folks are using an argument that cannot be backed.....

Like I said from the beginning...just shoot him u taking action when you no clue what they are there for!
Exactly.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:55 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
And it only took you 30 times being asked to finally come up with the right answer.
So just shoot them...all people that carry long guns in stires are bad....

Old 06-06-2014, 12:55 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
1) It hasn't happened - YET. Why take the risk when literally *nothing* is being gained by this "in your face" display?
2) Glad you agree.
3) Missing my point. A long-arm, particularly anything that is semi or full-auto, is a grossly inappropriate tool to use for self-defense in a public place. Thus these "gun rights" supporters are violating one of the basic rules of gun ownership - using the right tool for the job.
1. Didn't know we are in the business of making things that are not a problem illegal.
3. A semi automatic rifle is actually a very good tool for self defense, that is why they are used for self defense. So they are actually using the right tool for the job.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:57 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,220 times
Quote:
So just shoot them...all people that carry long guns in stires are bad....
Who is saying you should shoot them? Who is saying that? Are you saying that?

Old 06-06-2014, 12:59 PM

29,488 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Are they shooting at you? Why would you "take action" if there is no threat?
They just don't get it do they ? That is the responsibility that we as concealed carry holders have to deal with, we have split seconds to access a situation and then have to make a decision on whether or not to take action if our life or our families lives are in danger.
They really think that concealed carry holders are a bunch of cowboys...they are so far from the truth on that. Knowledge is key and they do not have it yet are quick to make decisions.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:02 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
What gives you the right to disarm him?

So...since everybody is going off assumptions....lets say the guy walks in with his long gun goes and orders sits down drinks his coffee and leaves....then what?
If I'm at a country cafe in hunting season where firearms are common I'm not going to worry about it. Sure, it could still be an unbalanced or untrained person but carrying a gun in that context would not be unheard of. (Of course it would be safer to leave your weapon in the truck but I'm assuming we're talking about a hunting environment).

But if some dude walks into my suburban Starbucks with a AR-15 that's off the chart of sane conduct. No normal person does that because no normal person has a reason to do that.

So my self-defense radar is going off big time, especially if I have the kids with me. I need to know what in the devil is going on.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:06 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
How do we definitively know there is no threat? When a stranger to you walks into a store with a gun in hand or shoulder then the threat is real and present. When other people get scared and head for thedoor or dive under tables can you consider that a threat or worse is unfolding?
Seek cover and see what developes.
See how easy it is?
Or...do the left thing, arms and legs straight up in the air, waiting for your belly to get scratched or your next command while the wife dials 911.
Your choice.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:12 PM

29,488 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Seek cover and see what developes.
See how easy it is?
Or...do the left thing, arms and legs straight up in the air, waiting for your belly to get scratched or your next command while the wife dials 911.
Your choice.
Common sense and logic just doesn't work with the anti's... it just doesn't make sense to them.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:32 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,461 times
If this setting is in a place where open carry is legal, carrying a rifle however inappropriate, is not against the law. Then you must wait for said person to perform a illegal act before taking action. If you take action against a person before they have committed a crime, then you are most likely the one to be arrested for assault with a deadly weapon.

Is carrying a rifle into a store a smart idea? Nope

Is carrying a rifle a crime, where open carry is legal? Nope not a crime.

Does the business have the right to ask the person to leave because it is making people uncomfortable? Yup they sure do, it is private property.

What should you do in this scenario, Keep a very close eye on said person, keep an eye on the rest of your surroundings, perhaps even have your hand on your own firearm, but until a person starts to commit a crime, or is now waving their rifle around there is no action to take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies