Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 03:28 AM

49 posts, read 39,389 times

Advertisements

I still believe Zimmerman is guilty. Trayvon was the one screaming for help. Painting the kid as a thug made me really mad, especially since Zimmerman was not a saint. I'm also saddened that some people could not see Trayvon as a kid that was trying to protect himself from a man that was stalking him.

Last edited by FreedomPrevails; 06-14-2014 at 03:37 AM..

Old 06-14-2014, 04:09 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPrevails View Post
I still believe Zimmerman is guilty. Trayvon was the one screaming for help. Painting the kid as a thug made me really mad, especially since Zimmerman was not a saint. I'm also saddened that some people could not see Trayvon as a kid that was trying to protect himself from a man that was stalking him.
No convincing evidence it was Trayvon screaming for help.

Trayvon was out of Z-man's sight for over two minutes a fact individuals keep ignoring. Trayvon had escaped to safety and chose to re-enter the arena.

Old 06-14-2014, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
don't have anything against race but i want to live with my own crowd. you know like china town or italian village etc.
You can probably find a trailer park near you.

Old 06-14-2014, 04:40 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
What racial stereotype did the defense team throw around?
Well, from various groups, including the defense, there was:

1:" He must have been making a drug.";
2: "He had smoked weed, he must have been angry and paranoid (about the stranger who was chasing him for no reason)";
3: "Look at how big he is, he's a big, raging negro!";
4: "He was looking around, so he must have been casing houses!";
5: "Obviously, he was so angry that he ran away to set up a trap...for the guy that he had no reason to think would leave his car. Oh, and Rachel Jeantel was in on it!"
6: "Look at his Twitter feed! Teenage boys never use curse words unless they're thugs!"
7: "Well, he said 'creepy cracker', so he must have been the violent racist!"
8: " He said "You gon' die tonight!'"
9: "Well, of course a black kid covering his head in the rain is suspicious, there were some burgleries beforehand. It's not racist to assume that a random black kid is casing homes because there were some burglaries!" (BTW, yes, that's obviously racist)
10: "He owned a cheap pair of gold fronts!"
11: "Martin was a thug/playing the knockout game/wanted to kill Zimmerman because he somehow knew Zimmerman was talking to police."

ETA: 12 "Martin must have bought drugs that were never found on him or in his bloodstream, from three guys that we have no evidence he ever spoke to."

Last edited by Hadoken; 06-14-2014 at 04:57 AM..

Old 06-14-2014, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No convincing evidence it was Trayvon screaming for help.

Trayvon was out of Z-man's sight for over two minutes a fact individuals keep ignoring. Trayvon had escaped to safety and chose to re-enter the arena.
I'm not here to argue with you. I am just saying how I see the case. Your opinion of the case won't change my mind. Zimmerman was the only one aloud to speak. I don't believe his side of the story.

Old 06-14-2014, 04:52 AM

Quote:
I'm not here to argue with you. I am just saying how I see the case. Your opinion of the case won't change my mind. Zimmerman was the only one aloud to speak. I don't believe his side of the story.
A jury has to deal with facts.

In every murder trial the victim is unable to speak yet there are convictions in a vast majority of cases brought to trial.

My view is simple. Whoever was screaming for help was in a great deal of fear. If that was Z it justifies self-defense. If that was T murder was committed. Given that the one screaming for help cannot, at present time, be determined to any degree of certainty the reasonable doubt standard applies and you cannot convict. Better to free a guilty man than imprison an innocent one.

Old 06-14-2014, 04:54 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,366 times
Quote:
what ya sure as heck don't do is after you have escaped turn around and come back.
*sigh*

Let's try this again, using, you know, evidence and reasonable inferences, and not stupid stories about how Martin ran away, and then ran back, unarmed, to fight someone he last saw sitting in a car.

Okay, you're walking down the street. You walk by a parked car, and a white guy with a shaved head in the driver's seat is staring at you the entire time you walk by. You turn around a corner...and notice headlights on you. You turn around, and notice the same guy is now creeping along behind you in his car, and still staring at you, and talking to someone on the phone. You take off, and run off the road to where the guy can't see you, and can't drive. After a couple of minutes, the guy reappears on foot, sees you, and immediately begins approaching you.

Now, what do you do?

(I'll note that, according to Zimmerman, he first spotted Martin waiting to cross the street as he drove by. Since Zimmerman was already suspicious, he was likely staring at Martin even then. IOW, Zimmerman was likely even more suspicious than I described above, but Martin may not have taken notice of him at this time, so I left it out. But we know that all of the above happened due to Zimmerman's police call, and the fight location.)

Old 06-14-2014, 04:55 AM

Quote:
A jury has to deal with facts.

In every murder trial the victim is unable to speak yet there are convictions in a vast majority of cases brought to trial.
You know, just because he was proven not guilty does mean it. Why are people so mad about the OJ case? Because they believe the jury got it wrong. Well, that's how I feel. The Prosecutors did not work hard to prove the case. An almost all White jury is not best for these types of cases. Zimmerman is a killer to me that got away with murder base on those bad laws in Florida. I respect the court decision, but I don't have to agree with it and the same with your opinions of the perceived facts in the case. Zimmerman used the law of perceived treat of danger as an excuse to kill. A story he got to shape.

Last edited by FreedomPrevails; 06-14-2014 at 05:08 AM..

Old 06-14-2014, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Um, why are you attacking my opinion?
This is a debate forum..is it not? Your opinion may be correct. It can't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:10 AM

Quote:
This is a debate forum..is it not? Your opinion may be correct. It can't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
Well, I'm not debating with you. I'm not letting you shape my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies