Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2014, 08:49 AM

17,807 posts, read 13,708,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Why did Trayvon attack GZ?
Probably because Zimmerman was in his face trying to bully him.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:49 AM

2,188 posts, read 1,383,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No, it isn't.

A specific defense of "stand your ground" has to be entered for such a claim to be made.

Zimmerman pled not guilty by reason of self defense.

Educate yourself about Florida state law, rather than embarrass yourself by making ridiculous statements.
What you mean to say is you can have a stand your ground hearing, which Zimmerman waived his right to. Here is the Florida state law :

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Old 06-13-2014, 08:50 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Of course black people have the right to defend themselves but like everyone else, they don't have the right to attack people. Why did Trayvon attack GZ? Probably because he was a stupid thug looking for something to do.
The more you write, the more insane these fantasies become.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:50 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Why did Martin attack? What was his motive?
He was pissed off about being profiled as a criminal is my theory.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:52 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
The more you write, the more insane these fantasies become.
Fantasies? You drinking again Lu?

Old 06-13-2014, 08:53 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,431,904 times
Quote:
If Zimmerman had confronted Martin with the gun in hand why would Trayvon attack him and get on top of him and not fight to get the gun away from him. Why didn't Zimmerman shoot Trayvon when he began to attack him?

Face it, the facts in this case do not support the wild imaginations of the Trayvon apologist in this country who are still desperate to explain why their boy Trayvon went full retard and tried to beat someone to death for no reason. Trayvon should have waited to make his lean during the day, he should have just smoked out that night and watched some TV.
Maybe the gun flew from Zimmerman's hand when Martin suddenly attacked him. Maybe Martin then found himself on the ground on top of Zimmerman and thought I have to put this creep out so I can get the hell out of here without getting shot in the back. Maybe the gun that had flown out of Zimmerman's hand was within reach

How do you fight to get a gun away from someone without attacking that person?

Old 06-13-2014, 08:53 AM

2,188 posts, read 1,383,948 times
Quote:
No it's not and this just proves again how ignorant you are to the facts in this case.

I am a lot more knowledgeable than you are in regards to this case. Here is an excerpt of the jury instructions from Judge Debra Nelson :

Quote:
If George Zimmerman was not engaged in an unlawful activity and was attacked in any place where he had a right to be, he had no duty to retreat and had the right to stand his ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he reasonably believed that it was necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.
Here is the full pdf file where you can read in plain english the stand your ground law written in the instructions :

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_...structions.pdf

Old 06-13-2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Maybe the gun flew from Zimmerman's hand when Martin suddenly attacked him. Maybe Martin then found himself on the ground on top of Zimmerman and thought I have to put this creep out so I can get the hell out of here without getting shot in the back. Maybe the gun that had flown out of Zimmerman's hand was within reach
And you guys claim I'm the one with fantasies?

You guys watch too many movies.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
I am a lot more knowledgeable than you are in regards to this case. Here is an excerpt of the jury instructions from Judge Debra Nelson :

Here is the full pdf file where you can read in plain english the stand your ground law written in the instructions :

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_...structions.pdf
You're likely the most ignorant person I've ever spoken to regarding the Zimmerman case.

It doesn't matter if SYG text was in the jury instructions, this was not a SYG case and SYG was not in any way used by the defense.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:56 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,431,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
If he had been smart enough to survive long enough to be arrested, he would have had a jury.
So he deserved to die because he wasn't 100% sure of what to do when confronted by an armed creep?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies