Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2014, 05:22 AM

3,405 posts, read 3,448,872 times

Advertisements

Now we know why lous lerner wasnt fired, or allowed to resign. She still taking bullets for obama. Loyal to the end. There must have been a smoking gun for them to jump thru these hoops and do all this. Otherwise a simple resign and claim that lerner did this on her own and that he (obama) was upset about it and would make sure it didnt happen again! That would suit the press and this story wouldnt get covered by msm anymore.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:53 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,503,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Excellent article just posted, and exactly what I have been saying. The Catherine Engelbrecht story should give every American chills, and people should be demanding an investigation into how this could happen:

The article gives a full timeline of the events and an outline of what all happened to the Englebrechts after she filed for a 501(4)c

And the article asks this question:

The Catherine Engelbrecht story is the key to the IRS scandal
It's going to be Denis McDonough and Holder, though people below them will take the rap.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:13 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,780,810 times
A special prosecutor can be appointed either by the Attorney General (not likely, since part of the prosecutor's job is to investigate the Attorney General's lack of enforcement of laws), or by Congress. A little more likely, but don't BOTH houses of Congress have to agree? That's not likely either.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:51 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,890,134 times
Something that has never been explained to me is how Lerner's HD crashed yet she kept using the PC. Any time it has happened to me the thing died. This makes me wonder if THEY - who keep insisting it was a HD crash - even know what a HD crash is. Any with a knowledge of how a HD works know it is fatal and the drive should be removed ASAP as it is likely not to spin up.

They started saying it was a "computer crash" - WTF does that mean?

The federal government is staffed by fools who hire fools to maintain their computers.

I especially loved Hoskinen's description of dated and antiquated systems the IRS is forced to use. To that I call total BS! Who is the first on the block to get the latest and greatest technology? The federal government - they invest in it.
Does anyone truly believe the IRS is using old Univac or DEC mainframes and little 10" monochrome monitors?
Intel 286 machines running Windows 3.1?
Lerner's HD must have been a whopping 50M at the most.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:06 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,796,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Excellent article just posted, and exactly what I have been saying. The Catherine Engelbrecht story should give every American chills, and people should be demanding an investigation into how this could happen:

The article gives a full timeline of the events and an outline of what all happened to the Englebrechts after she filed for a 501(4)c

And the article asks this question:

The Catherine Engelbrecht story is the key to the IRS scandal
Engelbrecht would appear to be a public figure widely espousing causes likely to invite scrutiny.

She is the one who is spearheading a crowd funding to put up a million dollars for IRS emails. She appears to have a major role in the group sending Caucasian vote wathchers into black polling places. The group with which she has been associated have been citied as the source for reasonably rough threats and harassment of progressive groups. Nothing I am aware of would appear obviously criminal but getting to the point where investigating might be in order.

And yes I believe the Police and others should keep an eye on Occupy Groups as well.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:23 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,326,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
A special prosecutor can be appointed either by the Attorney General (not likely, since part of the prosecutor's job is to investigate the Attorney General's lack of enforcement of laws), or by Congress. A little more likely, but don't BOTH houses of Congress have to agree? That's not likely either.
Holder could appoint a special prosecutor, highly unlikely considering he's there to cover Obama's mis-deeds, or Congress could appoint an independent counsel, also unlikely with Reid in the Senate.

I'm not claiming the tide is turning, but it's interesting to watch the left-leaning MSM begin to push for something to happen as evidenced by an editorial in today's Star Tribune:

"The old caution against ascribing to malice what can be explained by incompetence is worth keeping in mind when evaluating a high-profile blunder in either the private or public sector, such as the Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of conservative groups for extra scrutiny.

But the latest twist in the long-running controversy — the eye-rollingly convenient loss of IRS e-mails — moves the needle from ineptitude and toward the other, more troubling end of the spectrum. While the lost e-mails aren’t definitive proof of an orchestrated effort by the IRS or the Obama administration, the recent news that thousands of e-mails were obliterated in a computer hard-drive crash in 2011 is tough to swallow, not only for technology professionals, but also for an increasingly tech-savvy public."

Appoint a special prosecutor in IRS imbroglio | Star Tribune

Old 06-30-2014, 03:19 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,454,732 times
Is this still the IRS thread? I was looking for the IRS thread. Has anyone seen the IRS thread?

Old 06-30-2014, 05:16 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,209,554 times
See Alex Wagner story about Louie Gommert and his 1 million dollar bounty to find E-Mails. It turns out there are e-mails made by the Tech people to Learner saying that they were not able to recover hard drive. Even sent it to the forensic dept and could not repair hard drive. The truth slowly comes out.
Gomer knows a good bet, as anyone can see it will never be paid. E-mails can help or hurt.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:39 PM

5,335 posts, read 4,424,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Is this still the IRS thread? I was looking for the IRS thread. Has anyone seen the IRS thread?
Why yes, yes it is and people need to stay on topic.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:41 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,032,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
It turns out there are e-mails made by the Tech people to Learner saying that they were not able to recover hard drive. Even sent it to the forensic dept and could not repair hard drive. The truth slowly comes out.
I will repeat it again, the only way you lose that amount of data is if there was severe physical damage to the platter. This is very rare and usually the result of something like the computer being dropped during a read/write operation. Even then being able to destroy that part of the platter has a low probability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies