Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 05:19 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,094,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This happened right after the us prisoner exchange and Israel believes the teens were captured to use as bargaining chips. The actions of the kidnappers are deplorable. At the same time, they were taken from an Israeli West Bank settlement. Why does Israel continue to push into land that doesn't belong to it? Israel, the US and Hamas are at fault here. These kids got caught in the middle.
The West Bank is a disputed territory in which both parties must negotiate on the borders. There is nothing that derails Israel from being in the West Bank and in fact, many of the settlements today were jewish prior to the birth of Israel. Israel is not at fault for deploring its sovereignty under international law and the United States failed by supporting such united government.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:01 AM

18,471 posts, read 15,259,695 times
I wonder if the people who think it is none of our business, also think it is none of our business when an American citizen is killed in a country other than Israel, like say, Aruba? If they do, hey, that's cool. I disagree, but at least they are consistent. Can't really argue with that. If they do think it is our business in other places, then it's hard to take anything else they have to say very seriously.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:36 AM

1,347 posts, read 954,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I wonder if the people who think it is none of our business, also think it is none of our business when an American citizen is killed in a country other than Israel, like say, Aruba? If they do, hey, that's cool. I disagree, but at least they are consistent. Can't really argue with that. If they do think it is our business in other places, then it's hard to take anything else they have to say very seriously.
To the lunatic fringe far left/arab terror apologists, it is only the US' business when Israel does something allegedly "bad," but not the US' business when the arabs commit an atrocity.

This is most definitely the US' business since one of the 3 kids was an american citizen.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
To the lunatic fringe far left/arab terror apologists, it is only the US' business when Israel does something allegedly "bad," but not the US' business when the arabs commit an atrocity.

This is most definitely the US' business since one of the 3 kids was an american citizen.
There's that too. But also to a certain lunatic fringe element neo-nazi type on the right as well. Politics makes for strange bedfellows.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:44 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
One out of the 3 has a US. Passport so I wonder what the President will do...?
Yup. Jumped in about the Trayvon Martin shooting. But he will be silent over this.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:46 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,454,397 times
Well now that the three kids bodies have been found dead..........It isn't a "alleged kidnapping " any more. It's murder. They were found covered with rocks, in a field, near where they were last seen.

Hamas will pay in blood.

Jim B. Toronto.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:50 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
There's that too. But also to a certain lunatic fringe element neo-nazi type on the right as well. Politics makes for strange bedfellows.
Neo-Nazi type? I take it you're referring to group that supports and defends the anti-Semitic actions and slaughter of innocent Jews by Muslim terrorists? They are the ones that have things in common with Neo-Nazis...specifically the support of genocide of the Jewish people.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Neo-Nazi type? I take it you're referring to group that supports and defends the anti-Semitic actions and slaughter of innocent Jews by Muslim terrorists? They are the ones that have things in common with Neo-Nazis...specifically the support of genocide of the Jewish people.
One of us is confused. By "neo-nazi types", I meant neo-nazis. And yes they have that in common with the loonies on the left. My point was just that both sides have lunatic fringes that would like nothing more than to see Israel destroyed.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:08 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Only in passing, off camera, did Obama acknowledge the death of the three Israeli boys, one of whom holds a dual citizenship in America. I guess young Mr. Frankel doesnt remind Obama of his own son, if he had one.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:18 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,809,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Only in passing, off camera, did Obama acknowledge the death of the three Israeli boys, one of whom holds a dual citizenship in America. I guess young Mr. Frankel doesnt remind Obama of his own son, if he had one.
“The United States condemns in the strongest possible terms this senseless act of terror against innocent youth,” the president said in a statement, adding he had offered U.S. help to Israel and the Palestinians to find those responsible for the deaths of the three seminary students.
“I also urge all parties to refrain from steps that could further destabilize the situation,” he said.

Read more: President Obama Expresses Condolences Over Death of Israeli Teens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies