Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2014, 03:09 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,674,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I expect there is massive Panic in the O-Team.

They went from "all options on the table" to the very next day "no Troops in Iraq" to ....

President Obama announced on Monday evening that US ground troops 'equipped for combat' are being sent to Iraq - just days after claiming that no American soldiers would be deployed to the war-torn country. UK Press

I've mentioned several times recently - we have 1,000's of Americans in Bagdad and even more in Iraq. They are thinking about the Benghazi Debacle and in Panic Mode.
Just Obama using history to repeat in Baghdad what we saw during Vietnam, with the Saigon withdraw.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 03:22 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,674,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
It's typical of the right-wing extremists. Just look around this thread - they are doing everything from trying to complain that Obama isn't "going to arm the troops or let them fight back" to "anyone who supports Obama is a war-monger." And let's not even get started on Benghazi - funding cut by right-wingers, ignoring that G.W. Bush even existed, etc. Nope - in their nutty world, Iraqi was great right up until Obama took over, even though he simply continued the plan that was in place at the time. Of course, if Obama HAD left troops there forever, we'd be hearing right-wingers whining about that, complaining about the "war we can't afford" - even though we apparently COULD afford both wars when Bush got us into them...

With them, it is always the same story - no matter what Obama does, it's "bad," even if they can't explain why or come up with any intelligent discussion as to what they'd like to see done instead. If he sends troops, he's bad, if he doesn't send troops, he's bad, and so on. It's a joke - Obama Derangement Syndrome is a real thing, and one need only look around this forum to see its effects.
We are just naturally upset over Obama's incompetence with everything he touches.

Our federal government is rudderless, because it's leaderless. We have no president, what we have is a political hack, whose only priority is using his powers as president to punish his domestic political enemies, and rewarding his friends. His administrative agencies are running amok, and Obama is completely clueless as to what anyone is doing, and to tell the truth, unless they end up making him look bad, he really could care less.

This tragedy with our economy, jobs and what's going on in Iraq, and all over the world, is what we expected from him, but it does not mean we like it, just because we can say 'told ya so.'

Old 06-17-2014, 03:25 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,048 times
It's hilarious when Bush apologists trot out quotes from people whose information was either provided by the Bush administration, or was 5 years old at the time and thus irrelevant.

It's as if they don't know what 'tu quoque' means. It means that "Kennedy was wrong too!" is not an argument.

It's a shame torture supporters don't have any blogs full of quotes that vindicate their torturer.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:10 PM

57,226 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Just Obama using history to repeat in Baghdad what we saw during Vietnam, with the Saigon withdraw.
We should have hung in there in Vietnam for a few more decades, victory was ours

Old 06-17-2014, 07:19 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,597 times
"In the days ahead" i will do something I say I will not do today. This will happen because I am clueless.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:33 PM

14,015 posts, read 14,998,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Actually, President Bush lost the peace in a secular Iraq by deciding to unseat Hussein and allowing a civil war to develop over the "My prophet is better than your prophet" BS.
Someone has no clue the Difference between Shia and Sunni Muslims, they have the same prophet, it's much more of an ethnic divide than a religious one (Think Greek Orthodox vs Russian Orthodox Christians)

Old 06-18-2014, 12:25 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,191,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
or was it out of ignorance, incompetence and stupidity?
I vote for this answer.

Old 06-18-2014, 04:04 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,667,161 times
You can't order strikes with out reliable intel on the ground, I suspect a few of those marines and special ops will have to go out on a few missions before the fun starts. Maybe now people over there can see it's not the great Satan who is at the root of all their trouble. When you carve out nations over oil fields this is what you get for the rest of history.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 06-18-2014 at 04:35 AM..

Old 06-18-2014, 05:08 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,044,413 times
Default NO BOOTS ON THE GROUND! Ummmm.........

obama has a habit of "evolving" on policies from day to day.

I suppose he looked at some poll or another and decided that sending only 300 men will not contradict his former stance from last week.

Tee time at 11:30am!

Old 06-18-2014, 05:10 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
I've noted for months that we weren't done fighting in Iraq.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies