Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2014, 10:56 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
So if employers can't find the skills they want maybe they should TRAIN people in those skills. Duh. There are plenty of trainable intelligent people in this country. I guess employers want everything handed to them.
They do train people. One who refuses to get a job probably isn't qualified to discuss what businesses do and don't do.

The problem is there are still more applicants to learn how to stock shelves than there are jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Seems to be either the companies do not want to train or pay a good wage. This still does not disprove my original point that there are just not enough high paying jobs for everyone.
There isn't. That right there is the problem. We've sent what was once good paying jobs oversea's. This was one area I agreed with candidate Obama on but President Obama has seemed to have forgotten about.

Old 06-25-2014, 11:05 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There isn't. That right there is the problem. We've sent what was once good paying jobs oversea's. This was one area I agreed with candidate Obama on but President Obama has seemed to have forgotten about.
We do not want to build things here.....it is to messy.

Old 06-25-2014, 11:14 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
.....so why won't the right-wing try to educate these folks? Why isn't the right-wing doing anything to make job training more affordable?
There's no need to for the "right wing" to do anything, because the plain fact is, smart, energetic people from all over the world are doing it on their own, instead of waiting for a handout or being led by the nose to it, and after they self-actualize, they come here and get offered a job that no American was motivated to strive for.

Most idiotic statement in the entire world of employment/labor is "they took our jobs."
  1. The job was never yours for someone else to "take"
  2. Nobody took anything...you gave it away.
  3. Source of all employment difficulties in this country can be found by staring into mirrors, not at immigration graphs.
If I have a job I need performed, I will seek people capable of doing it. I just had a roof put on my house. Should I have purchased all the materials and then found the nearest homeless person to train them to be a roofer, or should I have done what I did and found a licensed roofing contractor who came prepared with all the skills, tools, knowledge, etc of how to properly install and entire roof?

When your plumbing breaks, do you employ this altruism of yours and go grab the nearest minimum wage worker, and use your plumbing problem to help train them for a new career? Do you do that when you seek out a tax preparer, doctor, lawyer, realtor, etc? Every time you pay for a service, you are an employer. Do you go with people who have established skills and reputations, or do you always find the most pitiable among us and train them to do the job you require?

??

Old 06-26-2014, 12:29 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
We've sent what was once good paying jobs oversea's.
Wow, did you figure that out all by yourself?

Let's see just how smart you really are.

Type II Diabetes Fred the Union Lover gets paid $28/hour to run his MAZAK machine. He makes one Dyna-Widget per hour.

Vlad the Impaler in Romania gets paid $2.25/hour to run his MAZAK machine. He makes one Dyna-Widget per hour.

All things being equal, what is sale price that will yield a $5 profit?

The Dyna-Widget made by Type II Diabetes Fred the Union Lover has to be sold for $33
The Dyna-Widget made by Vlad the Impaler in Romania can be sold for $7.25

Dyna-Widgets are being sold in Poland.

So.....here's the Big Question for the people who think they're smart:

Where will Wojo the Pole go to buy a Dyna-Widget:

1] Wojo will go to Macyweicz and pay $33
2] Wojo will go to Wal-Pol-Mart and pay $7.25

Think.....think.......think......think....think... ..think......think........think......

The answer is #2

Who got the answer right?

Let's go to Round #2 of this qualify event.

Dyna-Widgets are being sold in South Africa.

Where will Marten the South African go to buy a Dyna-Widget:

1] Marten will go to Mandela's and pay $33
2] Marten will go to Zulu-Mart and pay $7.25

Think.....think.......think......think....think... ..think......think........think......

The answer is #2

Let's go to Round #3 of this qualify event.

Dyna-Widgets are being sold in India.

Where will Rajiv the Indian go to buy a Dyna-Widget:

1] Rajiv will go to Gandhi's and pay $33
2] Rajiv will go to Hindu-Mart and pay $7.25

The answer is #2

Now.....who is still so stupid they cannot figure why Type II Diabetes Fred the Union Lover lost his $28/hour job?

$5 profit from 6,000 Million people or
$5 profit from 317 Million people

Which is more?

It's just 6th Grade Math....

Mircea

Old 06-26-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Wow, did you figure that out all by yourself?
Some times the obvious still has to be pointed out to people.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:31 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
We do not want to build things here.....it is to messy.

And look at you drilling holes in the ground and letting the water get all over and create mud pits!lol

Old 06-26-2014, 12:36 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
They do train people. One who refuses to get a job probably isn't qualified to discuss what businesses do and don't do.

The problem is there are still more applicants to learn how to stock shelves than there are jobs.

??? Where are these employers, I didn't find them in Oregon and Michigan..

Old 06-26-2014, 12:41 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
I asked for a solution. It is clear you don't have one.
There is a solution, but you refuse to accept it.

Quote:
??? Then why are there so many underemployed high-scoring, literate and numerate Americans?
It's called the Laws of Economics....which are immutable.

Quote:
.....so why won't the right-wing try to educate these folks? Why isn't the right-wing doing anything to make job training more affordable?
Eliminating Guaranteed Student Loans will eliminate the Interest Inflation causing tuition prices to constantly increase at spectacular rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
$60T in 'wealth' . . . . . .

$48T of it in the last decade, made possible by governments creating fiat money out of thin air through organizations like the Federal Reserve.'=

'T' as in trillion. $60 trillion dollars.
Um, wealth....not Dollars. There isn't $60 TRILLION Dollars.

Why don't you study Economics and get back to us.

Quote:
It is not necessarily bad that the rich have a lot of money ...
The "rich" do not have $60 TRILLION.

Quote:
Like I have said before supply and demand is just a facade for what it is businesses paying as much as they want.
Supply & Demand is very real.....that is why your gasoline prices are so high.

Quote:
Businesses are a social institution since they employ the people of this country and are part of the US economy.
That is obtuse and absurd.

Quote:
??? I never believed for a second that $60 TRILLION in cash even exists. I imagine that about 98% of that is in assets rather than in cash.
Then you also know -- or should know -- that in order to redistribute that $60 TRILLION the value would decrease.

Quote:
But you claim to know a thing or two about Economics and specifically about Supply and Demand. What do you expect the supply of rentable rooms - and rents charged for those rooms - to do when a college town changes the number of unrelated individuals allowed to occupy a house from 4 or 5 to 2 or 3?
That will create greater demand and drive up the price of rents.

Any time you so choose to do so, you may relocate from a college town to a non-college town.

I thought you smelled like Townie....

Mircea

Old 06-26-2014, 12:43 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
You just do not want to work.....be honest......at least be honest with yourself.

??? Then why have I spent weeks in temp agencies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies