Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 07:22 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
She is really clueless and still has no real experience in order to run for President.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hillary Clinton, who has a net worth upwards of $50 million, said in an interview that she is "unlike a lot of people who are truly well off."

Clinton was derided for comments made last week that her family was "dead broke" when it left the White House in 2000 although they were far from the poverty line. Bill and Hillary Clinton have reportedly made more than $100 million since leaving the White House.

But Hillary, who charges a six figure speaking fee, says with a burst of laughter that she is not "truly well off" and that her wealth is the result of "hard work," according to The Guardian:

Clinton: I
Here's what she said ---

"But they don't see me as part of the problem," she protests, "because we pay ordinary income tax, unlike a lot of people who are truly well off, not to name names; and we've done it through dint of hard work," she says...'

Nothing like the headline. What she's doing is saying she and hubby earned their money and pay their taxes, unlike others like them who are well off; a shot at Romney and people born into wealth.

What she should do is just say, We're rich.

With 'gotcha' politics, its become self-defeating to speak off the cuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 07:29 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,861,708 times
I watched the interview. The woman was trying to come off as some middle-class soccer-mom who just came out of bankruptcy. I almost spewed my drink on the TV when she said it.
With the political climate we have these days, supporters will defend her to the death, no matter what she says or does.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:31 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Agreed, though the funny part is even with a worth of $50 million, she actually IS poor compared to the insanely moneyed interests that typically buy presidential elections. The Koch Brothers are worth $40 billion each, George Soros is worth at least $26 billion.

Don't get me wrong - what she is saying is idiotic - but it is funny to see just how out of scale wealth can get and how it can warp the minds of the wealthy into thinking that they are "not doing that well."

When you spend most of the time hanging out with billionaire campaign donors, being a millionaire suddenly seems pathetic.

Of course, by absolute standards among the world's population, everyone who posts on this forum is rich. Just something to think about.
Just stop...you can't justify her comments with the Democrats' favorite boogeyman.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Lincoln

Old 06-23-2014, 07:44 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
She's just a regular lady, like you and me. I saw her eating a Wetzel Pretzel at the food court in the mall just the other day.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:46 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Most of the insider politicians and spouses of, live in a state of denial. Ann Romney suffers from the same as Hillary and how does this make Hillary a more qualified presidential candidate? Beats me.
When did Ann Romney run for president? I guess I missed the memo.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:48 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Just stop...you can't justify her comments with the Democrats' favorite boogeyman.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
Did you even read Rambler's entire post before responding, including this part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post

Don't get me wrong - what she is saying is idiotic - but it is funny to see just how out of scale wealth can get and how it can warp the minds of the wealthy into thinking that they are "not doing that well."
Is this seriously what you consider a justification of what Clinton said?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Lincoln
Oh, the irony.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:48 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
The sad thing is that many people will still vote for her no matter what.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:49 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
Well, for a while there, I was genuinely frightened she had a reasonable chance of being president. Now, the worry is fading quickly...
Never overestimate the intelligence of the American voting public.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:49 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
She is really clueless and still has no real experience in order to run for President.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hillary Clinton, who has a net worth upwards of $50 million, said in an interview that she is "unlike a lot of people who are truly well off."

Clinton was derided for comments made last week that her family was "dead broke" when it left the White House in 2000 although they were far from the poverty line. Bill and Hillary Clinton have reportedly made more than $100 million since leaving the White House.

But Hillary, who charges a six figure speaking fee, says with a burst of laughter that she is not "truly well off" and that her wealth is the result of "hard work," according to The Guardian:

Clinton: I
LOL. What else she is going to say? Compared to someone with inherited wealth like Koch Bros or Romney, she is not "truly well off", but far from poor. The best thing that she could say is that she has been very fortunate in a country that has allowed her to accomplish so much wealth in her lifetime. She needs to get a reality check, perhaps think back to the early 70s when she was recruiting monetarily poor Mexican-American voters in So Texas.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:52 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
I would guess not, given the numbers of kids her husband probably has that he doesn't know about due to his inability to keep his legs closed outside his marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies