Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 09:12 AM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
I seriously doubt that refusing to surrender would have made a difference in regards to France proper in 1940. The French government could have retreated to North Africa, but the Nazis would have still won in France proper (European France).
A final word on my part on this topic. The fact that the enemy might eventually win is not a sufficient cause for surrendering. By letting the germans control the whole country and establish solid defensive positions on the Atlantic coastline, the french put the UK at grave risk, (prompting Churchill to destroy the entire french fleet), and made it quite hard for the americans to invade Normandy. When I went to a Normandy cemetary with my high school class, I remember seeing american graves as far as the eye could see.

Compare that with the Japanese : they lost but never suffered any ground invasion on their soil, except Okinawa, due to the die hard mindset of their troops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 09:27 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
France's future is terrible; even those who are not jewish are leaving in droves due to the dreadful economic outlook and lack of career opportunities:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/23/bu...voir.html?_r=0

All the best and brightest are leaving, and if history has shown us anything, any time the jews leave, that country is utterly f--ked. It is beginning to look like france will be europe's first country to fall to the islamic invasion.
i

On this issue of Jews leaving, I've observed that areas that Jews go to prosper and those areas they leave deteriorate. Talking about the group and not any individual(s). Any theories on why this occurs? So I hope they choose to stay in the USA even though they have a different political philosophy as a group than I.

On France, I think the Muslims have studied European history and think the French will surrender without a fight as they have in the past. I have predicted that the French will be forced to pray to Mecca in the future.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:29 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
A final word on my part on this topic. The fact that the enemy might eventually win is not a sufficient cause for surrendering. By letting the germans control the whole country and establish solid defensive positions on the Atlantic coastline, the french put the UK at grave risk, (prompting Churchill to destroy the entire french fleet), and made it quite hard for the americans to invade Normandy. When I went to a Normandy cemetary with my high school class, I remember seeing american graves as far as the eye could see.

Compare that with the Japanese : they lost but never suffered any ground invasion on their soil, except Okinawa, due to the die hard mindset of their troops.
Thank you for your well thought out post.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:35 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
I would think that some/many/most Muslim-majority countries are (much) more anti-Semitic than France is.
I don't believe that's the case at all. I think sentiment runs quite high against Israel in many Muslim countries, but that's not even close to being the same thing as being anti-Semitic.

Muslims think fellow Muslims are being mistreated by Israel, so it's only natural for them to have anti-Israeli tendencies. Whether or not that's the truth is another matter, but they THINK it by and large.

That doesn't make them any different than anyone else. Jews don't like seeing other Jews mistreated by non-Jews either.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:46 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Be proactive and do what? I keep asking, and no one answers. Should they write laws saying that if you harass a Jew, the penalty is double compared to when you harass a non-Jew? It is not as easy as you think, because you'd have to designate certain rights to certain groups of people, which usually does not go too well in a democracy. We are doing that in US by designating gays as a protected species, and it is not well received.
Species? Hmm, interesting choice of word.
Anyway, creating a protected class might work in this case. JMO.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:14 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
When a group of people makes the claim they are somehow different, 'The Chosen', due to nothing but their ancestry, should it really come as a surprise when they're treated differently?
muslims believe theirs is the true religion and everyone else are infidels who must either convert to Islam or be executed. And yet liberals defend them.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:15 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't believe that's the case at all. I think sentiment runs quite high against Israel in many Muslim countries, but that's not even close to being the same thing as being anti-Semitic.

Muslims think fellow Muslims are being mistreated by Israel, so it's only natural for them to have anti-Israeli tendencies. Whether or not that's the truth is another matter, but they THINK it by and large.

That doesn't make them any different than anyone else. Jews don't like seeing other Jews mistreated by non-Jews either.
Jews don't call for the annihilation of Muslim countries.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:17 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
muslims believe theirs is the true religion and everyone else are infidels who must either convert to Islam or be executed. And yet liberals defend them.
Every faith thinks their faith is the true religion.

And Muslims aren't the first group to try and convert people at the edge of a sword. You do know that, right? Christianity doesn't have clean hands. Their body count is probably a lot higher than Muslims can ever claim.

And we don't defend them....we defend the right to be a Muslim if that's what you want to be.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:19 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
I've heard the same from Catholics, that it's the only 'true' religion. We were told in Sunday School that if we even stepped foot in another church we were doomed and going to hell. Nothing could have been more effective in driving me permanently away from organized religion. I'm not interested in the "My God is better than your God" BS and I don't care which two of the more than 5,000 names for God in recorded history we're talking about.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:24 AM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,647 times
Quote:
That is absolutely incorrect. Muslims believe that non muslims who live within their borders should pay a tax and be exempted from military service. Look it up. In practice, this is not even implemented.

As a matter of fact, it is the jews who believe everyone else's blood is lower than theirs. It is written in plain text in their ancient rabbinic books. The catholic church, as desertdetroiter mentioned, stricly believed all non catholics should be executed and the catholics did just that in Europe, Africa, and Latin America. Convert to catholicism or else !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies