Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 10:30 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
one week into september and still no "smoking gun" evidence release. what gives pat?

in other birther news:

donald trump is asking hackers to illegally hack into college records to find out where obama was born ( i can't imagine any digital files would exist for anyone who attended at that time that lists their place of birth but .... i think trump probably knows this and is just, once again, attempting to stay in the spotlight ).

Trump: Hack Obama's birth records | TheHill

mike zullo is chasing his tail in washington dc and promising the release of information "...in the coming months."

Update: Sheriff Arpaio's Obama ID Fraud Detective In Washington; Talks With DC Officials - Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records

and it looks like joe arpaio may have made up to $7million off the "birthed investigation".

Arpaio’s millions - Obama Conspiracy Theories
Yeah the folks that buy into the whole "birther" nonsense are stupid - really, really stupid - and crooks like Arpaio just milk them for all they're worth - leading them on over and over and over again.

Ken

Old 09-07-2014, 11:51 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah the folks that buy into the whole "birther" nonsense are stupid - really, really stupid ....
i wouldn't call them stupid. what they are is a perfect example of cognitive dissonance, they only accept information that confirms their belief ( no matter how illogical ) and disregard facts that contradict that belief.

Last edited by wrecking ball; 09-07-2014 at 01:06 PM..

Old 09-07-2014, 01:57 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Quote:
i wouldn't call them stupid. what they are is a perfect example of cognitive dissonance, they only accept information that confirms their belief ( no matter how illogical ) and disregard facts that contradict that belief.
Whatever you want to call it, it's just plain DUMB to keep swallowing the same idiotic nonsense over and over again when it's pretty obvious that the folks spinning such yarns somehow never manage to actually deliver any evidence. Folks who continue to believe it at this stage are just asking to be taken to the cleaners. It's been going on for HOW MANY years now?

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 09-07-2014 at 02:18 PM..

Old 09-07-2014, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Whatever you want to call it, it's just plain DUMB to keep swallowing the same idiotic nonsense over and over again when it's pretty obvious that the folks spinning such yarns somehow never manage to actually deliver an evidence.
i'm in absolute agreement with you there.

Old 09-07-2014, 02:44 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,911,625 times
Quote:
Yeah the folks that buy into the whole "birther" nonsense are stupid - really, really stupid - and crooks like Arpaio just milk them for all they're worth - leading them on over and over and over again.

Ken
That's what most GOP politicians do to their mentally impaired followers. Seriously, all of their popular candidates in recent years have just been clowns who are doing a song and dance hoping to milk the dullards for all they can.

Old 09-07-2014, 04:18 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,103,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
That's what most GOP politicians do to their mentally impaired followers. Seriously, all of their popular candidates in recent years have just been clowns who are doing a song and dance hoping to milk the dullards for all they can.
I'm not going to defend the GOP (I'm not a Republican), but anyone that believed in "Hope and Change" is very much mentally impaired.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:29 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times
Quote:
I've known people - senior citizens, for example, of normal intelligence who have become victims to scams. Some are convinced they have won some kind of sweepstakes and are just a heartbeat away from from receiving millions of dollars. All they have to do is just send a little more money ... blah blah blah ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I'm not going to defend the GOP (I'm not a Republican), but anyone that believed in "Hope and Change" is very much mentally impaired.
Well, I never believed in "Hope and Change" or any political slogan. That's all it was: a slogan. Just like "Read my lips - no new taxes!" I think it would be advisable to just vote for the candidate who has a political philosophy as close to your own ... and ignore the slogans and the hype.

Old 09-07-2014, 06:08 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times
Quote:
Whatever you want to call it, it's just plain DUMB to keep swallowing the same idiotic nonsense over and over again when it's pretty obvious that the folks spinning such yarns somehow never manage to actually deliver any evidence. Folks who continue to believe it at this stage are just asking to be taken to the cleaners. It's been going on for HOW MANY years now?

Ken
They believe anyone who is willing to tell them what they want to hear. And like all good conspiracy theories, they rationalize that the lack of tangible proof is simply part of the vast conspiracy to keep the evidence hidden.

See, there IS evidence out there--real, hard, concrete evidence--but "they" are keeping it under wraps, and/or threatening anyone who might be inclined to reveal it. This is how the shysters can keep the believers on the hook virtually forever. And they will, so long as there is $$ to be made off the suckers.

Old 09-07-2014, 07:21 PM

204 posts, read 184,905 times
I get all of my Obama birther Info from Pat Boone.

Old 09-08-2014, 01:19 AM

Quote:
It's been going on for HOW MANY years now?

Ken
here's a great timeline for all the significant events in birtherism:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/79244196/BIRTHER-TIMELINE

March 2008

Rumors start on the Internet that Senator Obama was born in Kenya. The posts are few and far between.

June 9, 2008

National Review Online journalist Jim Geraghty writes "Obama Could Debunk Some Rumors By Releasing His Birth Certificate"
Rumor One: Obama was born in Kenya.
Rumor Two: Obama’s middle name is Mohammad.

First eligibility threads appear on FreeRebublic.com

Birtherism is born.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies