Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2014, 06:08 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Ir was also supposed to include putting an end to illegal immigration so we wouldn't be having this discussion now. That's the only reason it ever passed and was signed by Reagan.
And as usual the DEMS BROKE THEIR PROMISE.

Then some on here wonder why we don't trust ANYTHING the say.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Last year we spent $18 billion. If the current leadership cant enforce the borders with $18 billion, the solution is to find one that can.
It was actually $12 billion, but the cost of sealing the border is between $28 and $40 billion a year.

See the problem?

If you don't want to spend the money to fix the problem, they quit complaining about it.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
All the republican house has to do is introduce a bill stating that all illegals should be immediately rounded up and thrown out and provide the funding. As current law stands, if President Obama ordered all illegal aliens to be immediately rounded up and thrown out he would be breaking current federal law. Besides the fact that Congress hasn't approved the funds to do so.
" Besides the fact that Congress hasn't approved the funds to do so"

This what always gets me. Why do they need ADDITIONAL funding?

Don't we already have an INS? FBI? A military? Aren't hey already getting paid?

Don't we already own buses, trucks, etc.?

USE THE EXISTING RESOURCES AVAILABLE?

The call for MORE funding is a cop out.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The problem could be addressed much more efficiently by donating the billions of dollars building a fence around the US to the economies of Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala. Seems like nation building in those countries would be the cheaper solution compared to the cost of deporting immigrants in addition to the border control.
No, we should CUT OFF THE CURRENT AID WE ARE GIVING THEM until THEY get control of their own people.

We could even do it one person at a time.

For every person we catch from those countries, we deduct say, $10,000 dollars.

When we start cutting off their money, they will start to listen.

Money talks, B.S. walks.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:18 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,578,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
I came here LEGALLY and it was about 15 years of jumping through hoops before I received my citizenship. There are many other people who are waiting for their chance to come here, who have gone about the process the correct way and all they are seeing is illegals getting rewarded for breaking the law instead.
Thank you Juram for having the integrity to respect and obey our laws!
I wish you luck and prosperity as an American Citizen. You are what we need more of.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The problem could be solved to everybody's satisfaction if congress would get off their ass, do their job and craft an immigration reform bill..
Typical leftie, "Pass another bill".

As has been stated over and over. WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER DO NOTHING BILL.

We have the necessary laws on the books already. All we have to do is ENFORCE THEM.

If the admin won't enforce the laws already on the books what makes you think he will enforce any new laws.

Oh, I forgot, he ONLY enforces the laws that HE wants to enforce.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Instead of complaining about "Congress" why not put the blame where it belongs, with the dems you seem to support most of the time.

I will repeat:

"Secure Fence Act of 2006
"On October 26, 2006, U.S. President George W. Bush signed the Secure Fence Act of 2006 (Pub.L. 109–367) into law stating, “This bill will help protect the American people. This bill will make our borders more secure. It is an important step toward immigration reform."[1] The bill was introduced on Sep. 13, 2006 by Peter T. King (R-NY). In the House of Representatives, the Fence Act passed 283 -138 on September 14, 2006. On September 29, 2006 – the Fence Act passed in the Senate 80 -19.
The Secure Fence Act of 2006’s goal is to help secure America’s borders to decrease illegal entry, drug trafficking, and security threats by building 700 miles (1,100 km) of physical barriers along the Mexico-United States border. Additionally, the law authorizes more vehicle barriers, checkpoints, and lighting as well as authorizes the Department of Homeland Security to increase the use of advanced technology like cameras, satellites, and unmanned aerial vehicles to reinforce infrastructure at the border.[1] Congress approved $1.2 billion in a separate homeland security spending bill to bankroll the fence."
OK, so they spent $1.2 billion to build some fence, and they added the border guards.

Did it fix the problem?

If it fixed the problem, then why are you complaining today?

Did you really think a 700 mile fence would seal a 1900 mile border? Seriously?

Did you really think $1.2 was going to be enough? Seriously?

Sealing the border will cost $28-$40 billion a year. Someone needs to authorize the spending.

I complain about the Congress, because according to the US Constitution they have the power of the purse, so if they want something done, they will have to authorize the money. It seems they do not understand this, because they are yelling "fix the problem", but they won't authorize the money. Do you not see the problem?

Old 07-11-2014, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Fool me once.....

I'm sure everyone in Congress remembers 1986
If you don't want the fence, then quit crying about not having a fence.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No reform. Vigorously enforce existing laws. Throw all illegals out.
Who will authorize the spending?

Old 07-11-2014, 06:30 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" Besides the fact that Congress hasn't approved the funds to do so"

This what always gets me. Why do they need ADDITIONAL funding?

Don't we already have an INS? FBI? A military? Aren't hey already getting paid?

Don't we already own buses, trucks, etc.?

USE THE EXISTING RESOURCES AVAILABLE?

The call for MORE funding is a cop out.

I think you need to Google a map of our southern border ...

Don't get me wrong, I am in favor of securing our border similar to the NK/SK border, we could shift our military from other parts of the world, it's about time they started doing that themselves.

The infrastructure needed would be in the BILLIONS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies