Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2014, 07:23 AM

43,675 posts, read 44,416,401 times

Advertisements

Meanwhile, Israel has set up a field hospital to treat wounded Palestinians at one of the checkpoints on the Gaza-Israeli borders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G33mg8cQ2zU

Old 07-20-2014, 08:43 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
IF they were such an aggressive nation?---they are currently, RIGHT NOW, bombarding innocent civilians in Gaza from the air, the ground, and the sea* ----resulting in 344 Palestinian deaths, including 83 children.

IF.....????

* While other nations stand by and do next to nothing.

Israel will not even allow emergency humanitarian aid from Red Cross in afflicted areas tonight! Aggressive and deadly.
Umm, they've agreed to and observed 3 cease fires now. One problem, it's not a cease fire if only one side stops firing. I ask you, why didn't Hamas the cowards that hide behind women and children ALSO STOP FIRING?
Hmmm????

The problem here is you are blinded to the facts for some reason, I'd be interested as to what that reason is (if you're honest enough to actually say).
Time to take off the blinders and realize that in this instance Hamas picked this fight and continues to insist that it continue no matter how many innocents are killed.
The blood is on THIER hands.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:57 AM

621 posts, read 982,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I ask you, why didn't Hamas the cowards that hide behind women and children ALSO STOP FIRING?
Not to condone any acts of violence, but I am guessing if Hamas too was given an Iron Dome defense and other fancy weaponry that kills Israelis with impunity, you would call them courageous?

Old 07-20-2014, 09:13 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by local2rtp View Post
Not to condone any acts of violence, but I am guessing if Hamas too was given an Iron Dome defense and other fancy weaponry that kills Israelis with impunity, you would call them courageous?
Let me answer this with a question, do you consider hiding behind women and children courageous? Do you consider using your innocent population as human shields just for propaganda purposes courageous?
It seems a bit disingenuous/hypocritical to me to moan and cry about someone killing your family/friends when you yourself are causing those deaths by shooting from behind them.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:29 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,045,820 times
Quote:
Let me answer this with a question, do you consider hiding behind women and children courageous? Do you consider using your innocent population as human shields just for propaganda purposes courageous?
It seems a bit disingenuous/hypocritical to me to moan and cry about someone killing your family/friends when you yourself are causing those deaths by shooting from behind them.
This is correct. However, I take it a step further. Electing Hamas is being Hamas. You don't get to pick madmen as your representatives, then shriek indignantly when your representatives fire rockets at others and cause violent retaliation.

There is no Hamas separate from Gaza. It's all Hamas, because Gazans put them in power. Including the women of Gaza. So the women are no more innocent than the men. And the children have their mothers and fathers to thank for selecting terrorists to lead them and basically causing all Palestinians to become terrorists by proxy.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Both Hamas and Israel are killers, cowards, and guilty to varying degrees. But I guess that is an alien concept to those believing that guilt and innocence in this conflict running over many decades can be easily and clearly apportioned.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:13 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,987,803 times
Quote:
Both Hamas and Israel are killers, cowards, and guilty to varying degrees. But I guess that is an alien concept to those believing that guilt and innocence in this conflict running over many decades can be easily and clearly apportioned.
This blanked statement can be said about any country that has a conflict, they are all killers, cowards, and guilty to a varying degree. If you kill someone because you're at war or in a conflict, then that would qualify you for the above statement.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:33 AM

893 posts, read 886,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
From 2005 to 2012 there have been :

2332 Palestinian deaths and 61 Israeli deaths.

I'm sure there's more recent data, but the ratio is probably even more lop-sided by now. So, yes, this looks like a fair conflict....if you can't do math.

Al Jazeera <<=== O my god! no no!
Yet the Palestinians spend millions on building terrorist tunnels so they can kill Israelis. They could have used that money to build infrastructure and advance their people.

Israelis build the iron dome to protect their people.

Sorry if I am not sympathetic to the drastic difference in deaths of the 2 groups. The Palestinians are to blame for that.

besides, by your logic, if more Israelis were dead, then it would be better. Right?

Old 07-20-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
This blanked statement can be said about any country that has a conflict, they are all killers, cowards, and guilty to a varying degree. If you kill someone because you're at war or in a conflict, then that would qualify you for the above statement.
Most likely. Which is why it is a self serving fallacy to label one group cowards and the other courageous in this conflict.

Old 07-20-2014, 04:07 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
No one gave Israel the Iron Dome, they created it themselves. Hamas has never created anything of value. Heck, they didn't even create the rockets they use to launch at their enemies. Maybe if they thought more about creating something there wouldn't be such a problem, would there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies