Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2014, 08:41 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,045,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
Indeed, there have been various public protests all over the world in support of Palestinians. Many of the people participating in those protests are non-Muslims. Only in the USA does political correctness dictate that you can't condemn Israel. There are already 597 confirmed dead Palestinians, many of them children, and at least 4,010 Injured. And yet look at the way that Israel is worshiped on this forum. Just sickening.
What is sickening is apologists for crazy fanatics who lob rockets into foreign countries and blow themselves up in crowded buses. What kind of humans do that? None, that's who. And again, you elect criminals to represent you, you earn the just rewards of the crimes that you authorized and enabled. It's perfectly just, perfectly rational, and morally correct.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:02 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,757,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser199 View Post
What exactly should Israel do when Hamas is shooting rockets at them and those shooting those rockets are hiding among the population?

It's not political correctness or "worship." It's supporting an allied country that knows how to defend itself.
Only ONE Israeli civilian has been killed by rocket strikes, and that's only because he stepped outside. All homes there have bomb shelters -- which by the way Palestinians in Gaza are NOT allowed to have as per Israeli restrictions (imagine that!).

Israel has the 4th strongest military in the world. It does NOT need our support in any shape, way, or form. The US sends them over $3 billion a year, despite all of the problems within our own country.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:22 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,899,456 times
Quote:
All homes there have bomb shelters -- which by the way Palestinians in Gaza are NOT allowed to have as per Israeli restrictions (imagine that!).
HAHAHA...WHAT IN THE WORLD....???? where do you get that nonsense? Seriously, where do you get it? It's misinformation like this that really puts your side of the debate to rest. I mean, seriously, how can you debate with something so incorrect?

Gaza is self administrated by the Palestinian Authorities, more specifically - Hamas. Not Israel. If Hamas wanted to build it's people bomb shelters, they can. They don't. Gaza however is honeycombed with tunnels. Hamas does not use that to protect it's population, they use it for smuggling from Egypt, to sneak in suicide squads into Israel, and to protect it's weapons and fighters.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:31 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,709,945 times
Quote:
Only ONE Israeli civilian has been killed by rocket strikes, and that's only because he stepped outside. All homes there have bomb shelters -- which by the way Palestinians in Gaza are NOT allowed to have as per Israeli restrictions (imagine that!).
First of all, Israel doesn't regulate Gaza as evident by Hamas' rule.

Thousands of rockets gave been fired at Israel, so whether it's one Israeli that was killed or a dozen Israelis killed, it's irrelevant. No country in its right mind would allow themselves to be attacked like that and not respond. Israel could just bomb Gaza into oblivion if it wanted to, but it's trying to minimize civilian casualties by targeting the terrorists, who are surrounding themselves with innocents.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:47 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,045,820 times
Quote:

Israel has the 4th strongest military in the world. It does NOT need our support in any shape, way, or form. The US sends them over $3 billion a year, despite all of the problems within our own country.
Let's keep that little brain focused. Foreign aid is not the topic here. Rocket attacks. We're talking rocket attacks.

Which, since Israel already is going to get a big PR black eye from this, despite the fact they are in the right, at this point they should just finish it. Invade, round up Hamas, get rid of them, whatever, and run some new elections where the leaders cannot be anyone whose sworn public stance is to annihilate their neighbors. Whose charter cannot contain, in words or spirit, the destruction of other countries. If they can't live with that, then they should be annexed as part of Israel and anyone getting out of line should be imprisoned and anyone committing or conspiring to commit terrorist acts should be executed.

Gazans have basically lost their sovereignty by deciding to elect leaders whose daily business is plotting destruction and mayhem.

And let's face reality, the average Gazan would be better off living in a civilized country then in the horrific nightmare of totalitarian theocratic fundamentalist madness under which they are now imprisoned.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:36 AM

43,674 posts, read 44,416,401 times
Quote:
Not all Israeli homes have bomb shelters. Older buildings don't and their residents need to run to central community shelters.

As for the Palestinians in Gaza, it is their Hamas government (which the locals voted into power) that prevented them from building bomb shelters (and NOT the Israeli government).

Old 07-23-2014, 07:05 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,899,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Not all Israeli homes have bomb shelters. Older buildings don't and their residents need to run to central community shelters.

As for the Palestinians in Gaza, it is their Hamas government (which the locals voted into power) that prevented them from building bomb shelters (and NOT the Israeli government).
I'm still curious where that poster got that gem of misinformation that "Palestinians in Gaza are NOT allowed to have as per Israeli restrictions". My guess is:
-A tweet by a Hollywood celebrity - because what they say must be true
-Whoopie Goldburg said so on The View
-Their cousins Facebook page, because this cousin always knows
-Al Jazzera op-ed article
-They read it in CityData's P&C forum

Old 07-23-2014, 08:10 AM

57 posts, read 51,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Since 1967 Israel has been an aggressor nation. Most Americans are afraid to even discuss this because of fear of being called anti semitic and harassment by American Jews. I completely support the cause and actions of Hamas. The majority of members of Hamas are Semitic peoples.
I beg to differ. I am pro Israel. I am not afraid of Israel, nor am I concerned about being called a name. I do not understand your statement that the majority of members of Hamas are Semitic peoples. Jew fighting against Jew? I am having a small problem with that. Also, it is in Hamas's charter that a goal is to destroy Israel. They have been sponsoring attacks on Israel in a variety of forms from lobbing bombs to suicide bombers for years, why is Israel the bad guy here? The only thing I can think of is that in supporting Hamas, you also believe that Israel should not be there. I am not trying to give insult or make judgement, I am just trying to understand your statement. Please advise what Israel has done wrong in standing up for themselves.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:42 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Its not for me to figure out. Maybe Israel needs to figure out a better way to engage its neighbors. Bombing Gaza into oblivion is not a realistic strategy for success no matter how its defined. All it will do is create more hatred towards them. And the people who are sympathetic to Israel will start reconsidering their support.

And they are not killing Hamas. They are killing Palestinian women and children.
No, it may not be "for you to figure out" but I'm guessing you may have some idea of right and wrong? With that being said think about this next question carefully taking into account what your parents have taught you as well as what you should've learned on the playground at school.

Here's the question(s), is it right or wrong to repeatedly throw something at someone that could seriously hurt them while standing behind a group of people you "supposedly" care about? Is it right or wrong to put those same people in real danger of harm just so you can hide from being caught and then use anyone in that group that gets hurt as propaganda to make yourself look good?
I learned at school that you don't hide behind your friends while antagonizing the older kids as you may just get yourself (and them) pounded not to mention you're just about the lowest form of human by risking others safety for something you are unwilling to even mess up your hair over.

This current situation is clearly as simple as that.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:45 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:

Actually as I understand it the air raid alarms went off while he was driving and so he did what they are instructed to do which is exit the vehicle and find shelter. He didn't make it to shelter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies