Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 06:57 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,986,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Cement? Yes, Israel restricts building materials to Gaza, that are desperately needed. They also restrict, food, water, electricity, medical supplies and services, and even prevent students from Gaza going overseas on college scholarships...hmm., looks like they don't want an educated Palestinian.
How does a foreign country prevent members of your country from getting an education either overseas or from within the borders of your country? Care to provide proof of this?

Old 07-24-2014, 07:16 AM

1,961 posts, read 2,709,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
there has not been a single person who has applauded the deaths of innocent people being wiped out. There has been the feeling of "You Reap What You Sow" in a lot of the posts though.
No one in their right mind wants to see innocents harmed. But their lives and well being rest squarely on the shoulders of Hamas; if they don't shoot rockets or otherwise 'mess' with Israel, they (Hamas & Gaza) will be left alone.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:18 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
I couldn't agree more. American's are fed a daily dose of propaganda by CNN, Fox, and the major networks.

And they're too unmotivated or stupid to make an effort to look at international news on the internet where they will obtain a less biased and more truthful view of events.

Americans on this forum are applauding and rejoicing in the deaths of hundreds of innocent civilians and children, 733 so far ---- what is wrong with these people? Entire families of innocent people are being wiped out and people on hear applaud it? Why? Why is Israel so great? What makes people in America perceive Palestinians all as terrorists and less than human?
The fact that they elected a fanatical Islamic terrorist group to represent them and initiate violence against other sovereign nations? And when you pick terrorists to carry out your will, then you are in fact: a terrorist.

The fact that Hamas charter explicitly codifies and documents that their stated goal is the destruction of Israel?

What else do we need?

Why don't you publish a link to your enlightened "ellemint" certified accurate and truthful special news source that says that Hamas charter does not exist?

You seem to be in support of this naked, open, unhidden, unvarnished, documented, published, resolute, evil. This can only come from a) ignorance, or much worse b) agreement.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:23 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
The fact that they elected a fanatical Islamic terrorist group to represent them and initiate violence against other sovereign nations? And when you pick terrorists to carry out your will, then you are in fact: a terrorist.

The fact that Hamas charter explicitly codifies and documents that their stated goal is the destruction of Israel?

What else do we need?

Why don't you publish a link to your enlightened "ellemint" certified accurate and truthful special news source that says that Hamas charter does not exist?

You seem to be in support of this naked, open, unhidden, unvarnished, documented, published, resolute, evil. This can only come from a) ignorance, or much worse b) agreement.
And do we know for sure the vote wasn't fixed as it is sometimes in places like this?
Do we know for sure the regular voting public didn't have their arms twisted to vote in a certain fashion??

I am no supporter of Hamas but I do feel compassion for the ordinary non Hamas people in Gaza.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:45 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
And do we know for sure the vote wasn't fixed as it is sometimes in places like this?
Do we know for sure the regular voting public didn't have their arms twisted to vote in a certain fashion??

I am no supporter of Hamas but I do feel compassion for the ordinary non Hamas people in Gaza.
If the voters legitimately picked Hamas, then, based on Hamas stated intentions, they need to be destroyed and the voters are complicit and guilty.

If the voters will was subverted and Hamas assumed power illegitimately, then, all the more reason, and based on Hamas stated intentions, they need to be destroyed to release the voters from the fraud and irrational mayhem that has been perpetrated in their name.

So, if the vote was fixed, even more reason to initiate war and get rid of Hamas. Once war has started however, pity goes out the window. The purpose of war is to kill people and break things until they give up and agree to stop their evil behavior. Hamas has not given up, so war should continue until they give up or everyone is dead, whichever comes first.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:56 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Cement? Yes, Israel restricts building materials to Gaza, that are desperately needed. They also restrict, food, water, electricity, medical supplies and services, and even prevent students from Gaza going overseas on college scholarships...hmm., looks like they don't want an educated Palestinian.
Oh come on....get real. The blockade started in 2007 when the globally recognized terrorist group Hamas came to power after they killed enough of there Fatah political competition. No doubt it was put in place to punish Gaza, same as we and almost all the civilized world have economic sanctions to punish Iran, N. Korea, and other outlaw states. The full blockade existed from 2007 to 2010 by both Egypt and Israel. The always allowed Humanitarian aid to flow in. In 2010 the blockade was eased for civilian use products. Even during this current conflict, civilian products flow through.

I have no idea where you gather that they can prevent students going overseas for scholarships. The only thing I managed to find is Gaza citizens restricted to travel to Israel and the west bank through it's own borders. Since Hamas has a habit of dressing it's travelers with TNT vests you cannot blame them. On the other hand I found a few articles about Hamas itself, not Israel, not allowing it's gifted students to travel to the US for scholarships because they will "lose control". Anyways if it's like the previous poster "I remember reading it somewhere..." then you guys have to be informed. Come on guys, debate from a point of knowledge about the subject!

Last edited by Dd714; 07-24-2014 at 11:09 AM..

Old 07-24-2014, 12:13 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post

I do to, they are the victims in all this.
How did Hamas come to power? The simple well-used political act of exploiting mobs of angry, impoverished, unemployed people by blaming others, Israel, for its problems. Gaza has always been poor, and it's politicians corrupt, thank Arafat for that. Hamas also invests heavily into crowd pleasing social welfare programs, ironically using aid that they get from the US and Europe. It keeps the citizens alive with these programs, but they can't prosper.
The government of Hamas, and Fatah before that, has also always been authoritative. Twisting arms is only part of it, murder and torture is a tool they use. They have also ruthlessly suppressed it's political completion Fatah by simply killing many of them. Propaganda, limited free speech, limited civil rights, all the typical tools of an autocratic government are in place.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:54 PM

43,669 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Hamas still continuing to hide behind human shields by targeting the Israeli military from one of Gaza's hospitals.

Terrorists fired anti-tank missiles at IDF soldiers from hospital - Israel News, Ynetnews

Old 07-24-2014, 03:56 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,986,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
How does a foreign country prevent members of your country from getting an education either overseas or from within the borders of your country? Care to provide proof of this?

I'll take that as a NO, I can't provide unbiased news on my viewpoint from you.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:00 AM

43,669 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Gaza conflict: Hamas chooses to let children die for its own crazy ends - Telegraph
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies