Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 02:54 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

"The Obama Experiment", huh? I'm afraid to ask...

On the balance, Obama will be remembered for restoring equilibrium to the US, after the undeniably failed "GWB Experiment" in crashed economy and global war.

Did Obama solved all of our problems? No, but he steered the ship back off the rocks.

Meanwhile, 9.3 million Americans who lacked health insurance are now covered. The DOW is at a record high. Gay marriage is legal. Obama wound down the last war, and resisted calls to start new ones.

The GOP is publicly crying crocodile tears about the state of things. But secretly, they are delighted. If a Republican wins the POTUS in 2016, he/she will start the term with the country in INFINITELY better shape than Obama inherited from GWB.
Liberal drool is pooling here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 02:57 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Now now, cut him some slack. He's very, very busy with partisan fundraising events. It's hard work, making out your fellow Americans to be "the enemy" while the real villains in the world are ignored.
I KNOW! Democrats and their fundraising... so glad the godly Republicans have set such a great example by never fundraising.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:08 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
That's about the gist of it.

What needs mentioning also is Illegals aren't going to live among the Elite, they're going into these impoverished neglected communities to compete with the same resources.

And that is wrong. It will only exacerbate problems already there.

The "Humanitarian" BS the Obama administration is spewing is just a smokescreen. It is not that deadly to live there in most places, these people survived there until now and traveled the length of a few of it's countries to get here.

They could have easily went to a Latin American, Spanish speaking, predominantly Catholic country with a similar culture just as easily , there is over 20 of them !!!!

These are opportunists looking to cash in with welfare and US freebies with their Anchor babies and sob stories.
This is the way I see it. If a person comes in legally, no problem. If you come as a refugee, okay. Everything needs to be planned out the right way. Coming illegally is not a good thing.

I don't know what is going on, but I do know that places such as Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras have some of the highest murder rates in the world.

Catholic immigrants have been coming here for years. I'm a Catholic myself(although I'm not the descendent of immigrants. My ancestors are here because of slavery).

I don't know for a fact that most want to cash in on welfare.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Are you calling it "an experiment" because Obama is black?

What about the Bush experiment? Elected because he is GH Bush's son and because he was anointed by the GOP establishment. Experiment because the guy he chose to pick the VP candidate chose himself and pretty much ran the country (into the ground with wars)? Well that experiment failed.
But this is the thing. No one else has called it "the Bush Experiment". It has only been the case with President Obama. I don't agree with everything he has done. However, I do not call it an "experiment". I call him no different than any other politician.

Why would anyone call the Obama Administration "an experiment"?

Old 07-18-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Obama isnt the mayor or governor of Chicago.
He never was either.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:25 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nobody has asked for immediate action: what has been said, Is his lack of caring or his attitude sucks.

I usually agree with at least part of your responses, but not this time, and it is IMO a lack of understanding, partly due to your location. As a Northern transplant living in the South, I understand Obama is cerebral. That is very much in sync with the business mindset of both the Northeast and large northern urban regions like Chicago, with their huge corp hq types. Cerebral is not, in and of itself, uncaring, but it is not wearing your emotions on your sleeve..not spouting off..the stuff more common in other regions. Cerebral folks always are thinking rationally at the times of crisis. Rudy G on 9/11 was cerebral. He later admitted he did his level best not to show raw emotion in public as it would not help the people control their natural fears.

This isn't a knock, as I understand why cerebral types would not be properly understood by those not cerebral.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:01 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Ummm............. you forgot #22, which addresses the Malaysian airliner.
I think you added the last two on after I quoted you.

But Reagan gave his speech to the nation 4 days after the event in question.

Quote:
Obviously, you are an Obama blind partisan if you believe that "Obama has secured the border better than any president". Now that one is a knee slapper.
Then tell me who did better than Obama? And I'm not a blind partisan, I barely tolerate Obama and his wimpy little party. He's the lesser of evils.

Quote:
And you really think that Obama had nothing to do with the IRS scandal, should raise taxes, and punish American industry with more phony CO2 regulations, higher taxes, more regulations, and higher energy costs?
Until you come up with any actual evidence to the contrary, Obama has nothing to do with the IRS scandal, the fact you hate his guts and are a blind partisan yourself, does't constitute evidence of wrongdoing on his part.

And oh yes, American companies are oh so punished. lol Give me a break.

Quote:
I find it odd that liberals are the first to complain about-

a. low wages
b. unemployment
c. disparities in income
d. higher prices for energy
e. higher food prices

- when the policies they promote created the above by supporting illegal immigration, Clinton's NAFTA and China trade policies, EPA regulations which drive up food, energy, and business costs, and regulations which increase the price of gas and electricity!
lol

Seriously?

First of all, it's disingenuous to call NAFTA "Clinton's." He did pass it, but the Reagan and George H.W. Bush administrations negotiated it (George H.W. Bush signed it in December of 1992). Both parties are free trade parties, in fact, I'd bet if you lined up all the members of Congress, you'd find more Democrats than Republicans opposed to free trade policies, but in any event, members of both parties that oppose free trade are but a small minority.

All of the things you listed have come about through a combination of neoliberal economic policies, embraced by both parties, and a refusal to invest in cheaper renewable energy.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:17 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I KNOW! Democrats and their fundraising... so glad the godly Republicans have set such a great example by never fundraising.
Yes! Let us know recent Republican presidents who were out fundraising during crises...

Old 07-18-2014, 07:56 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
"Present!" No, not at a vote, at a fundraiser.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:46 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
"Present!" No, not at a vote, at a fundraiser.
I know. He is the very first president who was out fundraising, while somewhere in the world, "The S#!t Was Hitting the Fan". His 40 seconds that said nothing, probably really was all about the fact that, "We know nothing for certain at this point, so I'll just keep my mouth shut".
Very wrong move on his part.
He should have mobilized the marines and gone to DEFCON4, told congress he could care less what happens in Ukraine so Congress would be sure to pass a bill funding a full US incursion into Ukraine, to send a clear message to Putin that you don't F*** with anybody we like and it's exactly the opposite of what Obama wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies