Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 06:50 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowborn View Post
Military might is not always the answer. I know we have a deep and long history of battling one another, but there are better ways to prove ones prowess. We need our military here, there are so many natural and "natural" disasters all around the country that needs the intelligence of these men and women. I thought that was the original idea of the National Guard.

You are right I did not serve, but that doesn't mean war doesn't affect me deeply. When you have children it's a living nightmare.

Telling someone to be quiet because they do not agree with your point of view is disrespectful. How can a conversation take place if one side has to be quiet?
Who is trying to prove prowess?

I have chldren and the recruiters are on the phone every day. They want to go fight for this country then I will support them. Unlike you. Countries have killed other countries since the day man walked. Now we are all evil? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 06:54 PM

641 posts, read 240,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Outside of the Madrid train -- which is not exactly the same as an international flight with citizens from multiple countries -- these aren't that comparable and the author is reaching a bit.

Even if you believe they are comparable, you're saying Obama is just as bad as Bush. You okay with that?
You had asked for any Republican Presidents that did the same, I was just pointing out one. I believe all our Presidents are on set schedules that will only be altered when there is a direct threat to Americans. Until all the facts are in re' events in other countries the Presidents and their staff will continue to be updated as they proceed w/their days. Today's Presidents have the advantage modern technology to keep informed.

President Obama has his faults, but I do respect the man. I have had a hard time respecting the last administration, however, so I would not be okay with saying President Obama is as bad as former President G.W. Bush.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Who is trying to prove prowess?

I have chldren and the recruiters are on the phone every day. They want to go fight for this country then I will support them. Unlike you. Countries have killed other countries since the day man walked. Now we are all evil? LOL
I will support them not only when they go off to fight, but when they return, too. I will always support the decision to fight when we are threatened at home. I do not want to send our sons and daughters to fight other countries' battles w/o first trying a diplomatic approach. Our physically and mentally wounded veterans cannot be handled as it is, for them the war is not over even after they get home. We cannot keep adding to these numbers

I do not think a single soldier is evil, I think the leaders making the decisions for them can have the potential to be. If greed drives war, to me that is evil.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:14 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowborn View Post
I will support them not only when they go off to fight, but when they return, too. I will always support the decision to fight when we are threatened at home. I do not want to send our sons and daughters to fight other countries' battles w/o first trying a diplomatic approach. Our physically and mentally wounded veterans cannot be handled as it is, for them the war is not over even after they get home. We cannot keep adding to these numbers

I do not think a single soldier is evil, I think the leaders making the decisions for them can have the potential to be. If greed drives war, to me that is evil.
Hey leaders are always evil according to us. We would do things different. After the fact of course. I give Obama sheet but would have impeached Bush for his border control nonsense too. Easy to sit back and wail...........heck we all do. Big chair is not an easy chair............especially when you lie all the time.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:25 PM

328 posts, read 471,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Both the "empty suit" and the "ruthless dictator" meme squeezed into one sentence - that's pretty impressive.
Now that's funny!

Don't forget that Obama also manipulates gas prices (always up), is responsible for Malaysia Airlines MH17 being shot down, and the terrible situation going on in Gaza right now.

I'm still chuckling about the RWNJ who said the economic collapse in 2008 was caused by Jimmy Carter, who left office in 1981. 27 YEARS! Talk about a delayed reaction!

Other than that, Bush was great:

He started two wars, both on a credit card, one entirely based on lies. These will ultimately cost us trillions of dollars.
He added the prescription drug benefit, again charged on the credit card.
He took a budget surplus, then with ill-advised tax cuts (which never work and were not paid for), exploded the deficit.
He left office while 700,000+ were losing jobs monthly.

The truth is, Nixon was the worst president in my lifetime, with George W. Bush a close second. "Deadeye" Dick Cheney can run around the country all he wants on his Rehab Tour. It will do him no good. His predictions--and his reputation--are as worthless as used toilet paper.

As some others have said, he would do well to emulate GWB: Shut the hell up, disappear from public life, and slink back home, embarrassed by his failed, toxic legacy.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Hey leaders are always evil according to us. We would do things different. After the fact of course. I give Obama sheet but would have impeached Bush for his border control nonsense too. Easy to sit back and wail...........heck we all do. Big chair is not an easy chair............especially when you lie all the time.
What are you saying I am lying about? Or was that a pun I didn't get?

I would have impeached the last administration for putting our children in a war w/Iraq that had no bearing on what happened on 9/11, but telling us it did, and then not funding the 2 wars it waged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies