Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 06:20 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,519,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
But this is the thing. No one else has called it "the Bush Experiment". It has only been the case with President Obama. I don't agree with everything he has done. However, I do not call it an "experiment". I call him no different than any other politician.

Why would anyone call the Obama Administration "an experiment"?
There are a few reasons why Obama was an experiment.

The 1st non-white prez. Hillary will be an experiment. So will the 1st Hispanic. The 1st Catholic was an experiment.

He was supposed to be something radically new to most of his followers, not a continuation of the same thing. 'Fundamentally transforming the United States of America.'

To at least some of his most devoted supporters, the true-believers, he was much more than a mere mortal, he was The One, an Evolved Leader, Above the Country, Above the World, the Future and the Light.

That doesn't mean he was elected twice to conduct an experiment. It does mean his election was by the nature of his skin color and his true-believer followers an experiment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 07:20 AM

641 posts, read 241,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
What's becoming apparent is that in the real world even the leftwing whackjobs lapdogs are deserting him. Not on c-d though. The most crazed of the lefties seem to live on this site acting as agent provocateurs and apologists no matter what. How sad and embarrassing for them.
I assume you defended GW Bush. This was an embarrassment in the Oval office. Talk about lack of being presidential. Do you not recall "My Pet Goat" reaction to the planes on 9/11????

Old 07-19-2014, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I know. He is the very first president who was out fundraising, while somewhere in the world, "The S#!t Was Hitting the Fan". His 40 seconds that said nothing, probably really was all about the fact that, "We know nothing for certain at this point, so I'll just keep my mouth shut".
Very wrong move on his part.
He should have mobilized the marines and gone to DEFCON4, told congress he could care less what happens in Ukraine so Congress would be sure to pass a bill funding a full US incursion into Ukraine, to send a clear message to Putin that you don't F*** with anybody we like and it's exactly the opposite of what Obama wants.
You want war w/Russia? I hope you will enlist and be the first to fight for your convictions. Personally, I am tired of seeing our military stretched to the limit, we cannot care for the wounded now, so sure, why not start in another battle to add to those numbers. Military might is not the answer anymore, unless we are being attacked here. Diplomacy seems to leave a bad taste in the mouths of war drum beaters.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Yes! Let us know recent Republican presidents who were out fundraising during crises...
Please see following link re' our last fundraiser in chief, Karl Rove’s ridiculous, hypocritical attack on Obama’s fundraising - Salon.com

If you don't trust this site, the dates are there for you to cross examine.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:36 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,598,905 times
Quote:
I know. He is the very first president who was out fundraising, while somewhere in the world, "The S#!t Was Hitting the Fan". His 40 seconds that said nothing, probably really was all about the fact that, "We know nothing for certain at this point, so I'll just keep my mouth shut".
He should have mobilized the marines and gone to DEFCON4, told congress he could care less what happens in Ukraine so Congress would be sure to pass a bill funding a full US incursion into Ukraine, to send a clear message to Putin that you don't F*** with anybody we like and it's exactly the opposite of what Obama wants.
Maybe - or just show some leadership.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:24 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,062,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowborn View Post
Please see following link re' our last fundraiser in chief, Karl Rove’s ridiculous, hypocritical attack on Obama’s fundraising - Salon.com

If you don't trust this site, the dates are there for you to cross examine.
Outside of the Madrid train -- which is not exactly the same as an international flight with citizens from multiple countries -- these aren't that comparable and the author is reaching a bit.

Even if you believe they are comparable, you're saying Obama is just as bad as Bush. You okay with that?

Old 07-19-2014, 08:25 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,035,742 times
Quote:
Yep..............

Old 07-19-2014, 08:28 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,763,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
This comes close to the way that I have seen term The Obama Experiment used on rightwing sites. Just replace "half white guy" with "black guy." The meme is that the "experiment" of electing a black man to the presidency has failed. No need to ever try that again. That's how I took the OP.
most people don't automatically inject race into everything. that's a liberal trait. also, I don't view him as black, so the "experiment" of electing a "black man" has yet to take place. unless you count warren harding.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowborn View Post
You want war w/Russia? I hope you will enlist and be the first to fight for your convictions. Personally, I am tired of seeing our military stretched to the limit, we cannot care for the wounded now, so sure, why not start in another battle to add to those numbers. Military might is not the answer anymore, unless we are being attacked here. Diplomacy seems to leave a bad taste in the mouths of war drum beaters.
From what I've read from the hawk he has been there done that. So have many. You are tired...........you have most likely never been there done that so just be quiet. Military might is the answer if you can't see it then you are just lost.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
most people don't automatically inject race into everything. that's a liberal trait. also, I don't view him as black, so the "experiment" of electing a "black man" has yet to take place. unless you count warren harding.
Billy boy clinton was the first black president...........liberals forgot all about that though. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies