Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 07:44 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,399,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Excuse me!!!!!! We are talking about kids here!!! I doubt very much they are presently working anywhere.
The have been working or, begging for as long as they could walk and talk in most cases.

Some are young.....but, they have seen a world that is not always pretty.

There is a very good chance of the young girls being or, becoming pregnant.

Their values are not like ours.....it is just a different culture.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:49 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,600,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Tourism is fine with me.

It is those that chose to employ the tourist that are the big problem.

Don't blame the tourist.
This entire problem is another case of RWNJ ideas that turn around and bite them in the AZZ.
At the crux of all RWNJ ideas and plans is one over riding theme. Of course as anyone with half a brain knows, It's EXPLOITATION. It's either exploitation of a class of people or a race of people, it's exploitation of third world countries and entire regions. It's exploitation of the environment and finite resources. At the base of all RWNJ ideology is the exploitation of some one or somebody and DAMN THE CONSEQUENSES.

I remember very well when all the wealthy of the USA thought having an illegal gardener, roofer, maid or whatever served them very well. They could be paid below minimum, had no rights, no safety standards NO NOTHING. The perfect target for RWNJ exploitation. Well all you nuts, it has gotten out of hand, just like all of your idiot ideas eventually do. As per usual the RWNJ won't own the problem and never ever have any kind of viable solution. They are full of idiot ideas that will never work and of course oppose any sane solution to the problem that is their making in the first freakin place.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:51 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,124,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Not slavery, they are paid to do the task. That isn't slavery. Criminals in prison are paid if they work. Is that slavery?
My urge is to make illegals pay off their debt. That debt being the cost of their deportation. They made a choice to violate our laws. They made a choice and with the choice comes consequences. Punishment to fit the crime. I can't imagine a more fitting punishment than to use them to build a fence that will help stem the flow of illegals.
No one made them come here illegally. No one made them commit document fraud, tax fraud or the many other laws they violated. They are getting paid minimum wage. How is it wrong to make them pay for their own deportation?
If you're going to charge this people with criminal acts and then punish the criminal acts with indentured servitude (which is banned along with slavery by the 13th Amendment), then at the very least you'd have to give every illegal a public defender and due process before a US federal criminal court.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:55 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,253,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
If you're going to charge this people with criminal acts and then punish the criminal acts with indentured servitude (which is banned along with slavery by the 13th Amendment), then at the very least you'd have to give every illegal a public defender and due process before a US federal criminal court.
Works for me, we already do.
I guess all those convicts in prison who work for that buck an hour or what ever are being denied their rights.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
This entire problem is another case of RWNJ ideas that turn around and bite them in the AZZ.
At the crux of all RWNJ ideas and plans is one over riding theme. Of course as anyone with half a brain knows, It's EXPLOITATION. It's either exploitation of a class of people or a race of people, it's exploitation of third world countries and entire regions. It's exploitation of the environment and finite resources. At the base of all RWNJ ideology is the exploitation of some one or somebody and DAMN THE CONSEQUENSES.

I remember very well when all the wealthy of the USA thought having an illegal gardener, roofer, maid or whatever served them very well. They could be paid below minimum, had no rights, no safety standards NO NOTHING. The perfect target for RWNJ exploitation. Well all you nuts, it has gotten out of hand, just like all of your idiot ideas eventually do. As per usual the RWNJ won't own the problem and never ever have any kind of viable solution. They are full of idiot ideas that will never work and of course oppose any sane solution to the problem that is their making in the first freakin place.
Sane solutions like rewarding illegals for their crimes with a path to citizenship? Sane solutions like holding illegals to a different standard than all the people who applied to enter legally? Sane solutions like not holding illegals accountable for document fraud or tax evasion? How many years can you not pay your taxes and not get whacked for it?
Seems to me a lot of those hollywood types had illegal gardeners and most of them are liberals. Seems to me a few Dems in office got caught with illegal nannys, house keepers, and gardeners etc. Seems to me that the exploration crossed party lines and both sides were ok with it. But the reality is the illegal entered into the agreement willingly. How many drywallers were lowballed out of their trade by illegals? Illegals had no moral qualms about that. They are no victim in this story. No more so than a car jacker getting pennies on the dollar for the car he stole.
Illegals are the victims of their own criminal behavior.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:01 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,124,366 times
Quote:
Works for me, we already do.
I guess all those convicts in prison who work for that buck an hour or what ever are being denied their rights.
No, I was saying that you can't indenture somebody for a civil violation (crystal-clear violation of the 13th Amendment). You can if you convicted someone of a criminal offense (maybe - the Supreme Court would almost certainly get involved if we started condemning illegal aliens to work camps) . And if the punishment of the criminal offense is as serious as indentured servitude, then the accused would have to be provided with legal representation. Too expensive for my tastes, although it would create a lot of new lawyer jobs.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
No, I was saying that you can't indenture somebody for a civil violation (crystal-clear violation of the 13th Amendment). You can if you convicted someone of a criminal offense (maybe - the Supreme Court would almost certainly get involved if we started condemning illegal aliens to work camps) . And if the punishment of the criminal offense is as serious as indentured servitude, then the accused would have to be provided with legal representation. Too expensive for my tastes, although it would create a lot of new lawyer jobs.
LOL to be honest I am mostly joking about it. It would be a punishment to fit the crime, but here in the USA we tend to not make punishment to fit the crimes.
Investment banker or accountant scams a family out of their inheritance he gets a few years in minimum security. A family's future is destroyed and he gets a minor slap.
16 year old kid gets caught selling weed and he gets 2 years in the big house.
What I would like to see is the Fed go hard core after the employers. Mandatory E-Verify with huge teeth and real jail time. Take away the bait and these people will look else where for solutions to there problems. It really isn't as complicated as politicians make it. They are looking for ways to generate pork spending. The fence for example. drones and creating an army of BP agents. It is all about pork and not at all about solutions.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:36 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,002,322 times
Quote:
What I would like to see is the Fed go hard core after the employers. Mandatory E-Verify with huge teeth and real jail time. Take away the bait and these people will look else where for solutions to there problems. It really isn't as complicated as politicians make it. They are looking for ways to generate pork spending. The fence for example. drones and creating an army of BP agents. It is all about pork and not at all about solutions.
Ditto, and the only effective way to do it is to punish severely the equity stakeholders and officers. I'd favor 3 time losers (hire illegals 3 times), automatically doing the following:

(1) liquidate the corp-selling it to direct competitors will all proceeds going to the INS,

and

(2) Ban every officer from ever again being an officer or owning stock in any publicly traded corp..for life.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Ditto, and the only effective way to do it is to punish severely the equity stakeholders and officers. I'd favor 3 time losers (hire illegals 3 times), automatically doing the following:

(1) liquidate the corp-selling it to direct competitors will all proceeds going to the INS,

and

(2) Ban every officer from ever again being an officer or owning stock in any publicly traded corp..for life.
I like it.
But you also have the low level construction contractors, farmers, hotels, restaurants etc. Need laws that hammer them as well.
Remove the bait and illegals will self deport, and other illegals to be will look elsewhere for solutions.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:20 PM

38,101 posts, read 22,246,427 times
Okay, this has had a good run, but it's all fake. There is no KCTV7, the local Kansas city station is KCTV5. Plus, there's no sourcing provided at all. Read the article...no sources, no attributions, no links.

In fact here's another article linked from KCTV 7: No 0bama is not giving illegal aliens EBT cards, and Bachmann does not want labor camps

VIDEO: Obama Gives EBT Cards to Busloads of Illegals to Shop at Walmart

Concord, North Carolina – Approximately 1:30 pm on Sunday afternoon a North Carolina woman, Sylvia Locklear , witnessed a strange sight in a Walmart parking lot while she was on her lunch break. A school bus full of adult illegal aliens was parked in the lot dropping the illegals off to shop at Walmart with EBT cards.

While taxpaying Americans around the country are struggling to make ends meet, the government is handing out the taxpayers money to illegal aliens. Those who are participating in the illegal invasion of America are being rewarded with shopping sprees paid for by the American taxpayer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.