Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 04:37 PM

38,272 posts, read 22,300,986 times

Advertisements

Has Bachman gone off the deep end here???

This is nutty as hell. I'd need to see or hear this entire interview here because it sounds just too nutty to be true. I know Bachman can say some off the wall stuff, but come on now.

Michele Bachmann Suggests Labor Camps for Immigrant Children

During an interview with Minnesota’s Twin Cities News Talk, Bachmann revealed her plan while addressing the border crisis. “I’m calling on all of us, Obama and Congress and everyone, to chip in and build special new facilities… `Americanization’ facilities, if you will. And we’d send these kids to these facilities, in Arizona and Texas and wherever else. And we’d get private sector business leaders to locate to those facilities and give these children low-risk jobs to do. And they’d learn about the American way of life, earn their keep, and everyone wins in the end.”

Conservative radio host Jason Lewis asked Bachmann about the camps, and what life might be like for the children sent to them. “Well, we’d of course want these facilities to be ideal, you know, for the children to work and learn. They’d spend half of their day working, and the other half learning what every child should learn, and that’s English, you know, English and American history. And as soon as they learn English with some degree of fluency, they can attend local schools, maybe with a voucher program, or something like that. And then they could work when they aren’t in school.”

Old 07-25-2014, 04:40 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,460,142 times
Explain what you think we should do instead. Give them apartments, food stamps, free medical, transportation? I dont know about "forced labor", but I like the idea of making them assimilate into our culture.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:42 PM

26,661 posts, read 13,806,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Explain what you think we should do instead. Give them apartments, food stamps, free medical, transportation? I dont know about "forced labor", but I like the idea of making them assimilate into our culture.
Send them home.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:42 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,356,422 times
Has Bachman gone off the deep end? That ship has sailed, my friend...a long time ago.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:46 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,806,888 times
Quote:
I say make the people getting food stamps "share" with the immigrant kids.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:47 PM

37,961 posts, read 17,935,763 times
Kinda like what we did for Japanese Americans during WW2?
I've always wondered who her advisers are?

The solution is to turn them away. "people who seek the American dream are not bad people. However, we can't invite the whole world."

Old 07-25-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
For school aged children, isn't that what normal schools are for?

Some states are having a real tough time with all these illegal immigrant children. Schools in Massachusetts are getting children that not only don't speak English, they don't speak Spanish either, they speak a dialect from their tribe. this makes trying to teach them difficult, especially when they are in their teens already.

Massachusetts towns struggle with debate over immigrant services - The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

LYNN, Mass. — The national debate over an unprecedented wave of Central American young people entering the country illegally is more of a practical challenge in places like Lynn, a former industrial city outside Boston that’s thousands of miles from the U.S.-Mexico border.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:51 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,432,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I say make the people getting food stamps "share" with the immigrant kids.
Ah yes, compassion and caring, thats what I love about you Petch.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Has Bachman gone off the deep end? That ship has sailed, my friend...a long time ago.
I'm not ready to jump to conclusions, this sounds too ridiculous to be true, but if it were, she's really out of her freaking mind.

The difference is, I may be a conservative, but i'm not a partisan, i call them like i see them. Too many liberals would never call out a democrat politician for saying something ignorant, they's deflect and make up excuses, or justify it in some pretzel logic way.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:00 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,497,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Send them home.
This.

And Michelle Bachmann is nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies