Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you comfortable with the Ebola victims being brought to the US?
Yes 54 50.00%
No 54 50.00%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 05:17 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

OK why is it a problem in the countries where it is at? Because the people who get infected often refuse to go to the hospital and have their untrained and unprotected families care for them!

This is not such a issue here.
Millions here have no health insurance or high deductibles and will wait until it is too late and they have infected millions more. Half of all Americans could be dead a year from now with a complete collapse of society. We are playing with fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 05:21 PM

10,833 posts, read 14,930,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The question is straightforward enough.
Are they American citizens or was free Obama care extended to the rest of the world?

If American citizens I don't have a problem but wouldn't they get better care in a country with free universal health care?

Old 08-01-2014, 05:23 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Are they American citizens or was free Obama care extended to the rest of the world?

If American citizens I don't have a problem but wouldn't they get better care in a country with free universal health care?
What is 'free' universal health care? Never heard of it.

Old 08-01-2014, 05:25 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,255 times
even with all the things I've read about the disease and the fact that my opinion is the same as Donald trump's makes me want to puke, I still wish they would just stay in west Africa and let the treatment come to them. it's not very progressive and it's not very Christian, but I worry about the chance that they may be wrong, mistakes may be made and this could lead to something bigger. I worry for my children, starting school soon and being in such small, tight classrooms with other young children. bodily fluids get exchanged a million times a day at your average elementary school, especially among the younger children.

Last edited by Californian34; 08-01-2014 at 05:52 PM..

Old 08-01-2014, 05:41 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,528,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
I worry for my children, starting school soon and being in such small, tight classrooms with other young children. bodily fluids get exchanged a million times a day at your average elementary school, especially among the younger children.
Put your mind at ease re that scenario. Any child - or adult - in the contagious stage of Ebola would be too sick to come to school.

Old 08-01-2014, 05:54 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Put your mind at ease re that scenario. Any child - or adult - in the contagious stage of Ebola would be too sick to come to school.
What if they wanted to spread the virus? That ever cross your mind?

Old 08-01-2014, 05:59 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,533,179 times
Sure im not a chicken

Old 08-01-2014, 06:01 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Sure, people are going to just stay home when they begin to feel ill. This is the US. We have no alternatives. Parents send their sick kids to school all the time. American workers don't have sick leave and often go to work near death. People with no insurance will show up at ERs with full blown symptoms and infect everyone they come in contact with. It will be spread.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:07 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Paint it any way you like, but the potential is there and we do need to guard against it closely. I'm sorry but I am not willing to look the other way and pretend there isn't the potential for a major outbreak here. Hopefully that won't happen but there are a huge number of possibilities here.
Theres a potential that a nuclear weapon could be dropped on my home by our military by accident.

I'm not going to spend tonight laying in bed worrying about it.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:08 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Sure, people are going to just stay home when they begin to feel ill. This is the US. We have no alternatives. Parents send their sick kids to school all the time. American workers don't have sick leave and often go to work near death. People with no insurance will show up at ERs with full blown symptoms and infect everyone they come in contact with. It will be spread.
LOL. uhmmm...the contagious stage of this? You aren't going anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies