Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we stop sending people/aid to Ebola infected nations?
Yes 92 42.59%
No 95 43.98%
Other 17 7.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 07:28 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Again... PANIC! FEAR! PANIC! FEAR! PANIC! FEAR! PANIC! FEAR!

If people aren't afraid, the media loses viewers. And they can't have that, can they...?
Because people view concerns and discuss possibilities they are said to be in fear and panic ?
There has been no mass exodus from north Dallas has there ?
The schools aren't empty, are they ?

You're ideas of fear and panic are voicing opinions ?

Many folks here are providing links to articles which are educating us on ebola.
And now that is has reached our soil it would serve many to become more educated.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:29 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
With everything that is supposedly known now about Ebola--how did he catch it? He was supposedly the cameraman--did he put down the camera and start dragging bodies around? Or is it easier to catch than they've been assuring us?
He should be left there. We have no responsibility to risk our health on someone who voluntarily walks into a pandemic.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:29 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Wrong, he is from Liberia.

This isn't a right/left issue.
It usually isn't.

But someone, somewhere will FIND a way to turn it into such...

Old 10-03-2014, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
HIV is substantially more common, especially in Africa. Yet, it has not become airborne, as some feared and predicted at one point in time.
Ok but Ebola is not HIV. I wouldn't dismiss the concern.
When a virus jumps to a new host anything is possible as it moves from host to host.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:30 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's October 3 and this woman is complaining about being "locked up".
She has to stay in quarantine until October 19.
She thinks she's fine because she has no fever.
And this woman works in the medical field and has this attitude ?

Thankfully there is a court order and a guard outside to make sure she does obey the quarantine order.

This is a big Liberian refugee community (10,000+). I hope they all don't have this same attitude or we're in big trouble.

Texas woman quarantined for possible Ebola frustrated - CNN.com
I'm sorry, but the more I hear the family talk and the more I learn about their lifestyle and decisions, the more I think they are complete morons.

This idiot woman SENT THE KIDS TO SCHOOL the day after she was told to keep them indoors pending the results of the Ebola test. This is why their quarantine had to become a legal matter, with criminal charges possible if they break the quarantine. They were simply refusing to stay put.

I was listening to an interview with her yesterday and she was going on and on about how she just wishes everyone would "leave them alone because they're fine - they don't have Ebola." Now - how on earth would she even reach that conclusion this early in the game? What an idiot.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm sorry, but the more I hear the family talk and the more I learn about their lifestyle and decisions, the more I think they are complete morons.

This idiot woman SENT THE KIDS TO SCHOOL the day after she was told to keep them indoors pending the results of the Ebola test. This is why their quarantine had to become a legal matter, with criminal charges possible if they break the quarantine. They were simply refusing to stay put.

I was listening to an interview with her yesterday and she was going on and on about how she just wishes everyone would "leave them alone because they're fine - they don't have Ebola." Now - how on earth would she even reach that conclusion this early in the game? What an idiot.
That was probably Duncan's attitude as well.

They are Liberian refugees. Is this the attitude they have over there about this ?
If so then it's no surprise how it's rampant and out of control.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:37 AM

Compare this woman and her quarantine status to that of the doctor's wife who also had to self quarantine for 21 days.
What the heck is the government going to do if more in the community of Liberian refugees catch ebola ?
Will they have to get the military in to keep them in their homes since they think they are ok and don't need to be "locked up" ?

Old 10-03-2014, 07:38 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because people view concerns and discuss possibilities they are said to be in fear and panic ?
You're ideas of fear and panic are voicing opinions ?

Many folks here are providing links to articles which are educating us on ebola.
And now that is has reached our soil it would serve many to become more educated.
This is the same with EVERY... OTHER... DISEASE.

HIV, Bird Flu, H1N1, SARS, West Nile... those are all still around, some of them even more spread out than Ebola, yet no one's talking about them? Why? Because of "bandwagon panic".

Yes, it's fine to be concerned. It's ok to want to learn more about it. But when you start ASSUMING things and creating "what ifs" that are totally unreasonable, you make the situation much worse than it probably is.

The majority of people who die from this are people in areas where medical attention is either limited or virtually non-existant, which, sad to say, is typically some countries in Africa.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:40 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
A microbiologist and emergency trauma physician says that the CDC is lying. He's saying the same thing I've been saying that the U.S. government is going to say anything not to cause a panic, but to also cover their ass.

Quote:

Mobley said the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is
sugarcoating the threat of Ebola in the United States.

"With 10,000 people flying out of West Africa daily, it's only a matter of
time until all corners of the world are exposed," Mobley said. "Once it devours
Third World countries, the U.S. will be importing these cases daily. Eventually,
the clusters will overwhelm even the most advanced countries' ability to isolate
and quarantine all those exposed. The CDC needs to be honest with us. "

Doc protests health officials' handling of Ebola threat

Quote:
The CDC is asleep at the wheel," Mobley told the Atlanta-Journal Constitution,
blaming the federal org for "sugar-coating" the risk of transmission in the U.S.
"It's going to be bad, and I want to make sure that this conversation is
happening that this could get out of control in the U.S."

Mo. doctor protests CDC by showing up at Atlanta airport in Hazmat gear: 'CDC is lying' - NY Daily News

Old 10-03-2014, 07:41 AM

Duncan proved that screening in these countries is a farce.
Unless they have a fever they will get through.
That questionnaire means nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies