Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 02:31 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times

Advertisements

I believe the people who are die hard partisans are the real nut jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 02:35 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,974,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Is it finally time that we ask the increasingly obvious question, namely…
Has the G.O.P. Gone Off the Deep End?

Or as Mike Lofgren, a staff member for 16 years on the Republican side of both the House and Senate Budget Committees, writes…
"The Republican Party is becoming less and less like a traditional political party in a representative democracy and becoming more like an apocalyptic cult, or one of the intensely ideological authoritarian parties of 20th century Europe."

And is this really such a preposterous question, when over 40% of Republicans are still "Birthers", and over a third actually believe the POTUS is a muslim? And that's not even counting all the ones who think Obama is an alien lizard, the anti-christ, hell-bent on "turning the U.S. into a 3rd world country", etc.! And if all that doesn't qualify as "insane", then what does?

BTW, here's "Exhibit B", seriously, from none other than former GOP Prez. candidate, Newt Gingrich…
"What if [Obama] is so outside our comprehension, that only if you understand Kenyan, anti-colonial behavior, can you begin to piece together [his actions]?" Gingrich asked. "That is the most accurate, predictive model for his behavior."

Obama's Citizenship - July 2014 Rasmussen Poll
This is pure nonsense.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:38 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,462,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I believe the people who are die hard partisans are the real nut jobs.
By 'partisans', might that also include the "preppers" and religious nuts?

Old 08-06-2014, 02:38 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,974,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I called the GOP insane and got called a liberal. Ergo, the writer must be a liberal, so we don't have to listen to him.
You carefully left out the relevant information... that, too, makes you a liberal.

This is what gets you called a liberal:

Quote:
The only people left in the GOP are the crazies,
Only liberals never defend their beliefs and just attack everyone who disagrees.

Old 08-06-2014, 03:16 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
By 'partisans', might that also include the "preppers" and religious nuts?
Sure, I don't mind putting you in the same category as them if that is your desire.

Old 08-06-2014, 03:25 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
How about the Democrats who think Bush did 9/11 and not the terrorists?
You talk all DEMOCRATS do this.. I don't know ant Democrats that ever said that.
People that are ate up with the conspiracy stuff are usually conservatives.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:39 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Default Has the GOP gone insane? And if not, at what point or criteria might we safely say it has?

Yes, they've gone coo-coo for coca puffs.

When they've lost the support of an old white guy like me, who voted GOP for decades, you know they've jumped the rails.

Carry on.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:42 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,828,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Yes, they've gone coo-coo for coca puffs.

When they've lost the support of an old white guy like me, who voted GOP for decades, you know they've jumped the rails.

Carry on.

I doubt you were ever a Republican in the first place and just saying you used to be to make the GOP look bad.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:07 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,828,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You talk all DEMOCRATS do this.. I don't know ant Democrats that ever said that.
People that are ate up with the conspiracy stuff are usually conservatives.
Statistics don't lie:

Republicans Have Birthers, Democrats Have 9/11 Truthers

Paul Ryan's Democratic Opponent Is Alien Conspiracy Theorist, 9/11 Truther | Mother Jones

Quote:
Fully 35 percent of Democrats believe George W. Bush had advance knowledge of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Fully 28 percent of Republicans believe Barack Obama wasn't born in the United States.
Both Parties Have Their Fanatics | RealClearPolitics

Old 08-06-2014, 10:23 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I doubt you were ever a Republican in the first place and just saying you used to be to make the GOP look bad.

Your doubts don't change my voting record.

Carry on.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies