Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 09:53 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well seeing you have never been married, you have no idea what does into buying a wedding dress. The women wanted to buy two dresses from the owner, not have sex with the shop owner.
Nice try. Try harder! You are starting to bore me. yawn.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:00 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Nice try. Try harder! You are starting to bore me. yawn.
And a deflection from you, why am I not surprised. How does one hide their sexual orientation when getting married? Why would anyone want to hide their sexual orientation?

Old 08-21-2014, 10:26 PM

Quote:
I hold my wife's hand in public, I don't need to hide from my freedom
This is a lie and I do not believe for one instant that you are married, have ever been married or that you have ever been with anyone of the opposite sex. Just because you say so you feel that we are expected to believe you, just because, you, said it. I do not and will not be deceived by your scurrilous lies and lame interrogation attempts.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:56 PM

Quote:
This is a lie and I do not believe for one instant that you are married, have ever been married or that you have ever been with anyone of the opposite sex. Just because you say so you feel that we are expected to believe you, just because, you, said it. I do not and will not be deceived by your scurrilous lies and lame interrogation attempts.
Whatever kiddo, my wife and I were married a little over a year ago on the banks of the Willamette River. And when I hold my wife's hand in public, I don't feel I need to hide being heterosexual, and I feel like those that are same sex couples shouldn't have to hide who they are to please people like you.

You have clearly lost this fight against the freedom to marry.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:07 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
She was honest in letting the self proclaimed lesbians know that she could not serve them. This was not “automatic” but a courtesy provided voluntarily of her own free will. Had the lesbians not made their sexuality an issue they would have bought a dress and nobody would have been none the wiser as to whether or not they mutually partake in the romantic, emotional, and other sexual pleasures of each another. It really does not have to be made public or known to others as it is literally nobody else’s business unless for some unfathomable reasons it is intentionally invoked.

When normal folks go to a store they don’t hint, infer or otherwise proclaim that “I’m straight” as part of the shopping experience. That it is implied or understood is beside the point, it just isn’t made an issue as it is unnecessary and irrelevant. The homosexual on the other hand finds some reason to have to announce or publically make aware their particular sexual proclivity. It is unnecessary unless they feel ashamed and embarrassed about being attracted to members of their same sex and require some form of validation and/or societal approval. When doing this be prepared for the unexpected reaction such as rejection, only don’t throw a hissy fit when you hear something that you do not like or want to hear – ya know, like normal folks do.

Don't quit your day job.

The funniest thing about your hysterically over the top posts on this topic is that you're actually serious.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:12 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
On this I agree with you. Oh my! Hell hath indeed frozen over. LOL.
Whoosh!

That was the sound of his post going right over your head.

Old 08-22-2014, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Whatever kiddo, my wife
I remain unconvinced. You simply fabricated everything to bolster your position in a lame attempt to sound convincing. You are not in the least bit genuine and waaay off topic of the lesbians and the bridal shop.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:29 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
When the homosexual is involved their rights are superior and to trump everyone else’s as they deserve special, not equal, special and elevated societal privilege. This is absolutely wrong and will be corrected accordingly.
What would be so special about a bridal shop selling two dresses? Selling dresses to these two women would be equal treatment. The ladies didn't ask for anything special, they were looking to buy wedding dresses, just like any other bride.

The bridal shop owner wasn't just turning away two lesbians, she was turning away a group of people because their beliefs that didn't match her beliefs. Do you think she would sell bridal dresses to any lesbians, or only deny the two who complained? It is wrong for a shop owner to refuse service to an entire group of people, and some municipalities have laws preventing this type of discrimination. This is about equal rights, not special rights.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:
I remain unconvinced. You simply fabricated everything to bolster your position in a lame attempt to sound convincing. You are not in the least bit genuine and waaay off topic of the lesbians and the bridal shop.
Then tell me kiddo, when a woman goes into a wedding store to buy a dress, how or why would she want to hide her sexual orientation? If the shop owner didn't want to know they were lesbians, the shop owner shouldn't have asked. Since the shop owner made a big deal out of it and denied service, then the shop owner shouldn't be surprised when that leads to negative feedback that could hurt the business. That is how the free market works.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
What would be so special about a bridal shop selling two dresses?
This was not the only dress shop available to these two darling lesbians. They could have gone anywhere but intentionally chose/targeted THIS store, not to buy any dresses, but to make a statement and destroy someone who refused to goosestep lockstep with them and their agenda's livelihood. This shall be stopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies