Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 06:50 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I see post after post blaming Obama for things that are the responsibility of the House and Senate.

Its almost like folks do not understand how our government works. The president does have some very specific powers, but by far those aren't the things being complained about, but rather everyone seems intent on blaming Obama for things that the Senate and House are responsible for.

And looking back, this was true for Bush, Reagen, and Clinton. Its like they scapegoat presidents for their lack of competence.
well lets look at this realistically

potus has been writing and signing many EO's.....and they go around congress

house of reps has been passing many bills...yet the senate tables them.....against the will of the people

so when the 'laws/policy/regulations' have all been coming from the executive branch and not the legislative branch...who are you going to blame???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 06:57 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Read whats said here. Roughly 90% of the complaints about Obama are actually things the House and Senate are responsible for.
Leaders are SUPPOSED to lead. The President is the "top" leader.

When the Congress is at a standstill it is the President who should intervene and get the leaders of the 2 House together.

He seldom meets with the dem leaders much less the repubs.

Obama does just the opposite.

Instead of trying to "work" with the House all he does is insult them.

He is like a little spoiled brat. If he doesn't get his way he cries and whines and blames everyone else and never takes responsibility himself.

I blame Reid and I blame Obama for NOT getting Reid to do what the Senate is supposed to do.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I've called most of our elected leaders and appointed officials thieves, idiots or imbeciles. Its just that Obama and his administration are the most high profile and least functioning of the DC cretins.
How juvenile. It is no wonder many voters are now called low information voters.

Old 08-14-2014, 06:59 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, he is the head of the government, it's his watch.

Right or wrong, what happens on his watch he will get the credit for, he will get the blame for.

Of course, it doesn't help the issue when he's not at work but is out instead doing things like campaigning.
True, expect for the minor issue that he cannot control what the House and Senate do or do not do, regardless of what some may claim. Much of what has put the Nation where it is and remains is due to the actions of both the House and Senate, the House passes Partisan Bills and sends them to the Senate, the Senate either ignores the Bills or rejects them and the circle continues. People screamed like little girls when the President said if he had to he would go around Congress when possible to at least try and get something done, if one thinks about it he is correct in doing what he has to. Has the President been right on all the issues, no, but at the same time rational people know that it is very hard to address issues when those that are supposed to be proposing ideas and new Bills to address those issues are not pulling their weight. But as you said, no matter what the President will get all the blame, at least from one side of the spectrum, which is not actually the reality, is what it is. Americans are slow learners at times, they get caught up in the moment and forget to take into consideration what their actions may result in down the road, let's hope they learn their lessons quicker, time is running out for this Nation.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:04 AM

Quote:
And this is a perfect example of what I am talking about.

OMG Obama called them names. What are they? 5?

You're blaming him for their failure to perform their job.
Whose job are you referring to? The House?

The House has passed, the last number I recall is, 340 bills.

What is the point of passing bills if Ole' harry is just going to put them in a drawer?

Even knowing ole' harry isn't going to do anything with them, they keep on DOING THEIR JOB and passing bills.

If ole' harry doesn't want to do his job, he should resign.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:04 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
What else did you think you would get, honest discussion? Sorry, too busy pointing the finger at the other guys to see anything wrong with my guys, you were saying?
There was a day when a thread such as this would have had far more discussion instead of what you got here, those days are past and will not be returning again, sadly this is where America is at and will remain. We get the government we deserve.
You have to actually present something to have a discussion. Vague accusations do not make for a valid discussion. Where has anyone called for Obama to cut taxes?

Old 08-14-2014, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Leaders are SUPPOSED to lead. The President is the "top" leader.

When the Congress is at a standstill it is the President who should intervene and get the leaders of the 2 House together.

He seldom meets with the dem leaders much less the repubs.

Obama does just the opposite.

Instead of trying to "work" with the House all he does is insult them.

He is like a little spoiled brat. If he doesn't get his way he cries and whines and blames everyone else and never takes responsibility himself.

I blame Reid and I blame Obama for NOT getting Reid to do what the Senate is supposed to do.
I notice you totally ignored the actions of The House completely, how very Partisan of you

Do you actually think the Repubs were going to work with the President, they stated the opposite as soon as he was first elected.

Would you have felt better had the Senate voted on the Partisan Bills sent by the House and rejected them and sent them back to the House, I would have preferred they did that but I doubt it would have changed you opinion in the slightest. Oh I would add how come the House did not pass Bills the Senate sent to them, did not even take a vote, simply said no, they have their own plan, then never present one, no problem with that for you? More tit for tat and then whining about the tat only

When it comes to "insults" I would remind you that it is a bad idea for those living in glasses houses to throw rocks.

Spoiled brat? LOL, I have been saying that about the Repubs since 2008 and their actions have not changed one bit. Just so ya know America is watching and the only people fooled by those that want to push the blame onto others while avoiding any responsibility themselves are those that are already the Party Faithful.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You have to actually present something to have a discussion. Vague accusations do not make for a valid discussion. Where has anyone called for Obama to cut taxes?
Was the OP too deep for you? You could not find anything in it to discuss, really?

Why would I care one way or the other if anyone had made such a statement, I never mentioned it and not interested in discussing it?

Old 08-14-2014, 07:15 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Was the OP too deep for you? You could not find anything in it to discuss, really?
I asked him to provide an example. None were presented. No, I do not find anything of interest to discuss in vague accusations with nothing behind them.

Quote:
Why would I care one way or the other if anyone had made such a statement, I never mentioned it and not interested in discussing it?
No but you called people out for not engaging in discussions where there is nothing to discuss.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Um, isn't the house of reps approval rating something like single digits or extremely low?
Ask yourself why. When was the last time you saw on the LSM ANYTHIG positive about the House?

The blame the repubs and praise the Senate.

When has the LSM reported that the House has passed over 340 bills that harry has put in a drawer?

Why don't they get on harry's case about doing his job?

The LSM has been carrying the dems water for years.

As has been noted, low information voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies