Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2014, 01:34 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
OK. You can emigrate. But only if you leave your guns at home. They will not be welcomed there.
Not really they are repealing many moronic laws, but I stay here..

Old 08-14-2014, 01:38 PM

37,213 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
You like pattern, anthropology and cultural customs, values and how they effect politics?

Of course anyone who disagrees with the royal from the ivory tower are rubes right? How elitist of you.
I quit college after five years to get an education. I was merely saying I hope you have a better experience than I did there. Don't get your knickers in a twist.

I grew up in the Jim Crow South of the 50s and 60s. I have no use for racial prejudice and hatred, especially the type I have seen displayed aimed at children seeking asylum from countries where beatings, rape, and forced labor at the hands of the drug cartels are the norm for them.

If we legalized marijuana across the board in the U.S. we would have far fewer immigrants.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Not really they are repealing many moronic laws, but I stay here..
No, I doubt it. Australia passed its gun laws fairly recently in response to a mass shooting. They were strong enough to eliminate the problem since that point.

Stay here, if you will. Your choice. If you do, it would be a good idea to take Spanish when you go to school.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:47 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,465 times
Quote:
I grew up in the Jim Crow South of the 50s and 60s. I have no use for racial prejudice and hatred, especially the type I have seen displayed aimed at children seeking asylum from countries where beatings, rape, and forced labor at the hands of the drug cartels are the norm for them.
Where do you think that behavior comes from? The ground water?

Old 08-14-2014, 01:49 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,198,193 times
I've never understood "minority majority". Doesn't make sense. If other ethnic/racial groups start outnumbering a previously predominant group, then THEY become the majority. They don't remain a minority.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:54 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,198,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
All nations change. There is no nation on earth that hasn't been able to keep outsiders out in history.

Who knows if losing the white population majority will be 'good' or 'bad'? We are already different than how it was in my Grandfather's day, or my parent's day. White minorities who immigrated here in the millions 100 years ago changed the United States forever in equally long-lasting and profound changes, and we came to accept those changes.

That's what we do best. We have never been a race of purebreds and we never will be. This is our greatest strength, not a weakness. We always get the boldest and the ones who are strong enough to leave. Good genetics for continued future strength.

But, if someone is worried their white skin's privileges will disappear, then it's time to get busy and have a lot of children. Whining about it won't change a thing.
Japan's done a pretty good job of keeping outsiders out. 'Bout the ONLY one, though.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
Where do you think that behavior comes from? The ground water?
The hatred has to be taught while a child is young, and the South has a long tradition of prejudice being handed down to younger generations. My grandsons are in preschool with children of Asian, Black, Hispanic, White, and Indian heritage, and the only thing that they see are their friends and playmates. God willing, that is all they will ever see when they meet new people.

Last edited by cuebald; 08-14-2014 at 02:33 PM..

Old 08-14-2014, 01:59 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I've never understood "minority majority". Doesn't make sense. If other ethnic/racial groups start outnumbering a previously predominant group, then THEY become the majority. They don't remain a minority.
No, that's not what it means.

Whites won't be the majority any longer, but will still, for the time being, maintain a plurality. No one race will be in the majority, but the majority of Americans will not be white, thus, minority majority--the majority of Americans are people that have historically been minorities. A better phrase might simply be non-white majority.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:14 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
The hatred has to be taught while a child is young and the South has a long tradition of prejudice being handed down to younger generations. My grandsons are in preschool with children of Asian, Black, Hispanic, White, and Indian heritage, and the only thing that they see are their friends and playmates. God willing, that is all they will ever see when they meet new people.
So it has to be hate and has to be forced on child and never negative interactions with people of other cultures and or race? Right?

Racism and or cultures; or ethnic strife does not exist all the much with one culture. It does exist is greater daily life in nations with cultures living together that can not co-exist together.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:15 PM

62,962 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
No, I doubt it. Australia passed its gun laws fairly recently in response to a mass shooting. They were strong enough to eliminate the problem since that point.

Stay here, if you will. Your choice. If you do, it would be a good idea to take Spanish when you go to school.
Why should English speaking Americans learn Spanish when our national de facto language is English? It is all lies then that "immigrants" aren't assimilating to our language and culture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies