Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2014, 07:12 AM

62,962 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i thought the mantra from conservatives was that were all the same, its liberals who put people in groups, etc. yet you have the op saying how bad this country will be when whites arnt the majority, which supposedly shouldnt matter since conservatives say they are race neutral, i guess not.
The OP made no mention of race. This is about our identifying American culture being diluted. It is mostly being diluted by the influx of so many Hispanic "immigrants". What happened to diversity which is what early immigration was all about?

Old 08-14-2014, 08:10 AM

37,213 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Then explain how Reagan got elected. Not only elected, but re-elected by winning 49 out of 50 states. Your assertion does not match facts.
Times have changed. America is a lot more liberal now that it was in the 80s.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
If it is not stopped via secure the border, no amnesty, and fixing legal immigration it will not be fixable.

If you are not threatened please look at South Africa today, Brazil today and you will know your future and sadly that of your posterity.

They can not act or vote, they have no voice YOU DO.

Stand of your posterity for they can not stand for themselves, for surely to stand in the face of tyranny is a small price to pay rather then to have them be born into servitude and enslavement for the inaction of forefathers.
My GGGrandfather was a captain in the 6th South Carolina Regiment and served with Stonewall Jackson at the 2nd Manassas. He never owned a slave nor cared to, and according to family history he joined the army and went to war because it seemed to be a more exciting option than following a plow mule. The war was supposed to be over in a couple of months, and he viewed it as a vacation of sorts when he left to serve. Protecting his "heritage" was the last thing on his mind.

My step-grandfather was a robe-wearing member of the klan. He's dead now, and much improved by it.

I have white friends in Johannesburg who were most happy to see the end of Apartheid. They consider Mandiba to be a hero on par with George Washington, and they vote regularly, just like we do.

Anyone who believes that whites are a superior race is obviously dealing with self-hate issues and needs someone to look down on to make themselves feel important or at least adequate. This board used to be overrun with escapees from Stormfront and Newnation who came over here and made blatantly racist remarks about standing together against the enemy, blahblahblah and yada. Most of them have gone now or toned down the rhetoric and veiled it to try to make it acceptable, but it will never be acceptable to those of us who have fought on the side of Civil and Human rights for the last fifty years. It is especially not acceptable to the 20-and 30-somethings who don't understand what all the fuss is about over race.

As to the immigrants, bring 'em on! My family came here from England and Ireland in the 17th century, and my wife's grandparents floated over from Sicily and Syria in the 1920s. If we are truly the America we claim to be we will always find room for those escaping subhuman conditions in another country or simply seeking a better life, regardless of their color or religion.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:39 AM

Quote:
I don't want them moving here in such numbers and or speed that they make us a minority in our own nation or have views/values/politics that are antithetical to ours..How can that be confused with not wanting them to be here?
"Ours"...?

Old 08-14-2014, 08:43 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The OP made no mention of race. This is about our identifying American culture being diluted. It is mostly being diluted by the influx of so many Hispanic "immigrants". What happened to diversity which is what early immigration was all about?
Really? Maybe you can explain who the minority is they speak of.

FYI, when a Minority becomes the Majority it is not they that are the Minority at that point hence they are now the Majority.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Both...mostly the first.

If anyone thinks that is nation`s border with Mexico is secure then please tell us how millions of people have entered into this nation, and how 90,000 kids of done so in the last 4 months?
This may have something to do with it. It was signed into law by W in 2008:

William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/110/hr7311/text

Old 08-14-2014, 08:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Really? Maybe you can explain who the minority is they speak of.

FYI, when a Minority becomes the Majority it is not they that are the Minority at that point hence they are now the Majority.
But they aren't called the majority. They have a new name for that now..minority-majority.

Texas went majority Hispanic in 2012 but they are called minority-majority. Whites are still considered majority so they cannot check "minority" on any forms. LOL..I tried that once and was told that I'm not a "minority".

Minority isn't a number anymore and the government will not change it to reflect the true minorities based on numbers.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
It would mean the advocacy of displacing someone in the home they built for themselves. On a smaller scale, this would be considered rather illegal, to say nothing of wrong.
The whites who came to America killed millions of Native Americans and stole their land. I think a system of law based on this concept would be quite workable today, don't you?

Old 08-14-2014, 08:57 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Can anyone tell me why America become a minority majority county is a good thing?

I mean looking at what has happened to every culture and nation that has been overwhelmed by other cultures and nations and was/is made a minority in their own nation has never ended well. From the Roman Empire to the culture problems to the Middle East.

Please don`t pull the who "you are a racist" bit. You have to make the case on why some culture or races are not allowed to be a majority in their own nations while others cultures and races have the right to be a majority in their nations and other nations of other races/cultures...Which if its OK for other races expect one is that not itself "racist"?

And if "race does not exist" how can anyone be a "racist"?

Let the games begin.
Because it means that people are free to marry and procreate with whomever they choose.

You do know what one of the ways that this country may become a minority-majority country is through marriage, right?

Should people not embrace their own children?

I really don't get why people are so worked up about this.
If you want to keep and maintain your culture, then go ahead and do so.
This country has always been unique due to the fact that there have always been areas that have been minority-majority. Always.

If non-Hispanics didn't want to live in majority Hispanic areas, then why ever move to places like New Mexico, Arizona, California, Florida...

I'm still trying to figure out which "culture" is it exactly that would be "overwhelmed." German? Irish? Italian? English? Swedish? Dutch? Cuban?

Old 08-14-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
As it was previously "diluted" by the Irish, East Europeans, Italians, Jews, and Chinese. Just another day at the office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies