Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 10:27 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,964,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
It would mean the advocacy of displacing someone in the home they built for themselves. .
You called?

Old 08-13-2014, 10:32 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,040,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
You called?

Thanks for that inane platitude. No discussion about the identity of the United States of America, which happens to share a name with the continent of North America, would be complete without bringing up the displaced aboriginals. As though the bleak fate of the American Indian, who had little to do with the advent of the technological civilization that rose in his place, is somehow supposed to encourage me to usher in the same fate for my own nation. Do leftists ever actually think about any of the boilerplate they repeat?

Old 08-13-2014, 10:32 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,864 times
Quote:
It would mean the advocacy of displacing someone in the home they built for themselves. On a smaller scale, this would be considered rather illegal, to say nothing of wrong.
That doesn't even seem to be an answer to what I said.

Displacing who, from what home specifically?

Old 08-13-2014, 10:35 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,964,883 times
Quote:
Thanks for that inane platitude. No discussion about the identity of the United States of America, which happens to share a name with the continent of North America, would be complete without bringing up the displaced aboriginals. As though the bleak fate of the American Indian, who had little to do with the advent of the technological civilization that rose in his place, is somehow supposed to encourage me to usher in the same fate for my own nation.?
As a businessman, I understand we've advanced..into the biggest GDP nation on earth, but that doesn't alter the fact that we were NOT the first Americans. It doesn't change the methodology of how we "claimed" this nation. That is neither left or right, just factual.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:38 PM

Quote:
As a businessman, I understand we've advanced..into the biggest GDP nation on earth, but that doesn't alter the fact that we were NOT the first Americans. It doesn't change the methodology of how we "claimed" this nation. That is neither left or right, just factual.
What if we called it "The United States of Columbia," for example. But the continent was still christened "America." Would we be the first Columbians? The United States of America =! the continent of America. The former is (well, was) a nation-state, while the latter is a piece of geography. People get caught up on the nomenclature to the end of making silly points.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:42 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
lol, not going to happen.

You're dodging your own question (but the robot bit was funny).

Japan has made maintaining ethnic purity a higher priority than dealing with their demographic problem. I didn't say it wasn't up to them, you challenged the notion that it was racist, it is in fact racist. And again, American does not = white.
I am not joking about the robots, they have very promising model only 2 years away and that is the smaller firms.

How is it racist to have immigration that only benfits a nation and not harms it?

Quote:
It did for most of its history. Normally, leftists like you are keen to remind us of this. That is, until you make your appeal to tradition to justify mass immigration. Then, suddenly, immigration is a sacred civil right etched in the very soul and foundation of our beloved nation.
That is what leftist do that cant use facts so the use emtion and theats as well at character assassination to shut up people who speak the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Who is to say they won't be wiped out in a tsunami? 25% of the people in Japan are over 65, so unless the robots are coming online tomorrow... they are going to be hurting.

Japan's problem:

A smaller population would mean a higher stranded of living...I mean it is not all that bad.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:43 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Lol. You sound like a novelist.
How so?

Old 08-13-2014, 10:44 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
I am not joking about the robots, they have very promising model only 2 years away and that is the smaller firms.

How is it racist to have immigration that only benfits a nation and not harms it?

I just pointed out it does not benefit the nation, rather it harms the nation in order to maintain ethnic purity. But that is how they set their priorities.

Why do you ignore what I say and simply restate your questions as if I had never answered them. The question has been answered.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
A smaller population would mean a higher stranded of living...I mean it is not all that bad.
For 99.9% of us, perhaps. What you racists are missing is that a lack of immigration would cut into the earnings of Fortune 500 CEOs, wealthy agribusiness interests, real estate moguls, silicon valley tycoons and other members of the ultra rich. How can you be so heartless?

Old 08-13-2014, 10:47 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,566,251 times
Quote:
Cleaning windows is a rote task, and rote tasks are perfect for automation. Dubai is also leading edge in having some robotic hotel room cleaning "staff".
I don't mind robot window washing too much. It's a very dangerous job, especially when you consider how tall skyscrapers are. However, I have a serious problem with robotic cleaning "staff". It might sound like a great sci-fi movie, but in reality we already have more people than jobs. Why would we want to take even more jobs away from people? Besides, I'd be very unnerved by a robot being in my room. Too many robot movies for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies