Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 09:04 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,744,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Ditto. I'd feel threatened if my skill set was insufficient for the century I live in, or if my mindset were centuries behind the times.

Demographic characteristics, though, is of no consequence.
Yes they are, your saying the are not does not alter this and many other facts...

Old 08-13-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
The two aren't linked. Your OP was about skin color. Illegal immigration is a separate issue from becoming a minority majority country.
No it is not, are you saying that demographic would not be changing so fast if we had a fully secured border?

Old 08-13-2014, 09:07 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Yes they are, your saying the are not does not altar this and many other facts...
What does an altar have to do with this? LOL!

'An altar is any structure upon which offerings such as sacrifices are made for religious purposes. Altars are usually found at shrines, and they can be located in temples, churches and other places of worship. Today they are used particularly in Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Shinto, Taoism, as well as in Neopaganism and Ceremonial Magic"

Altar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-13-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Says who? You? lol
What wrong can make a point?

Quote:
Countries abut each other all over the world and they're not constantly at war with each other. That's ridiculous.
Why is that, why are the not at war with each other and some are?

Quote:
No, it's actually not pretty much a fact. I just told you exactly how Rome fell. You can read the definitive books, Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire and get a blow-by-blow account of precisely what happened to the Roman Empire. Not enforcing their borders? That were at almost constant war with barbarian tribes and faced numerous civil wars at the end.
How immigration destroyed Rome. Oxford historian Peter Heather has reexamined the fall of Rome. His new book, The Fall of the Roman Empire, holds many lessons for today. - Free Online Library

What Caused Rome

LOOK WHAT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION DID FOR ROME - Postilla Historia Romanorum - Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Quote:
You never said minorities? Then explain the title of this thread and the very first sentence in your original post.
Demographically speaking

Quote:
Did I say one way or the other? Your point? If you want to set it up so you can throw out some pseudo-science pertaining to racial differences, by all means, do so, I will find it amusing.
[/quote]

To you does race exist on the genetic level?

Old 08-13-2014, 09:10 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,266,597 times
Quote:
No it is not, are you saying that demographic would not be changing so fast if we had a fully secured border?
It would still be changing. Even if there was no illegal immigration we would still become a minority country. Where would we import people from? Europe? They have to import people themselves. Russia? They are losing population too, but they don't want to import people so they decided to pay women to have kids.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Yes they are, your saying the are not does not alter this and many other facts...
Quote:
What does an altar have to do with this? LOL!

'An altar is any structure upon which offerings such as sacrifices are made for religious purposes. Altars are usually found at shrines, and they can be located in temples, churches and other places of worship. Today they are used particularly in Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Shinto, Taoism, as well as in Neopaganism and Ceremonial Magic"

Altar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So instead of making a point you bring up the fact I typed the wrong word..What does that accomplish?

Old 08-13-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
It would still be changing. Even if there was no illegal immigration we would still become a minority country. Where would we import people from? Europe? They have to import people themselves. Russia? They are losing population too, but they don't want to import people so they decided to pay women to have kids.
Hey strip a great deal of taxes and regulations let the economy flourish so people will have more kids..I mean economical down turns are connected with population growth.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:14 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times
Newsflash OP. I know you hate non-whites, but the reality is much of this change is due to the success of Americans. Higher income folks have always had FEWER kids than lower-middle and lower income folks. Add in the fact women can easily have careers today that make them self-supporting.

Our prior era high birth rates were largely tied to the fact a woman could be 5x as educated and qualified as a guy, and she'd be, at most , a secretary. To increase her lifestyle potential, she had to marry, and guys were more likely to marry young women, in prime child-bearing years. In essence, we'll never know how many of those big 50 and 60s era families were a factor of the limited earning potential of women.

Today, those high incomes get curtailed if the women take the "Mommy Track". Now in lower-income families, the opportunity cost of taking said track is small, but as you move up the economic chain, that cost gets immense. So we see fewer women making that sacrifice, or if they do, marrying later and having fewer kids.

We'll never again see faster rates of childbirth in white families, short of seeing a sustained Great Depression of epic proportions, permanently removing them from middle class America.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Says the guy who believes he deserves everything to be handed to him by his daddy for merely being born. If you're the example other minorities should follow, then suffice to say we have nothing to look forward to in a minority majority America.
Its people like him that make me fight to prevent it from coming to pass.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Newsflash OP. I know you hate non-whites, but the reality is much of this change is due to the success of Americans. Higher income folks have always had FEWER kids than lower-middle and lower income folks. Add in the fact women can easily have careers today that make them self-supporting.

Our prior era high birth rates were largely tied to the fact a woman could be 5x as educated and qualified as a guy, and she'd be, at most , a secretary. To increase her lifestyle potential, she had to marry, and guys were more likely to marry young women, in prime child-bearing years. In essence, we'll never know how many of those big 50 and 60s era families were a factor of the limited earning potential of women.

Today, those high incomes get curtailed if the women take the "Mommy Track". Now in lower-income families, the opportunity cost of taking said track is small, but as you move up the economic chain, that cost gets immense. So we see fewer women making that sacrifice, or if they do, marrying later and having fewer kids.

We'll never again see faster rates of childbirth in white families, short of seeing a sustained Great Depression of epic proportions, permanently removing them from middle class America.
I hate no one, I love all peoples, all races, and all creeds.

How did you come to such a baseless conclusion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies