Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 07:59 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,186,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Can anyone tell me why America become a minority majority county is a good thing?
I say it's a neutral thing, neither good or bad.

Quote:
I mean looking at what has happened to every culture and nation that has been overwhelmed by other cultures and nations and was/is made a minority in their own nation has never ended well. From the Roman Empire to the culture problems to the Middle East.
The culture issues of the ME are a little more complicated than people of other cultures living together, you also have to consider the sectarian issues involved.

Rome wasn't overthrown because it was multicultural, it collapsed because it overextended itself, it was rife with corruption, and its enemies were able to match and then defeat Rome's military power.

Quote:
Please don`t pull the who "you are a racist" bit. You have to make the case on why some culture or races are not allowed to be a majority in their own nations while others cultures and races have the right to be a majority in their nations and other nations of other races/cultures...Which if its OK for other races expect one is that not itself "racist"?
Actually, you have to make the case that minorities are incapable of successfully living in a first world nation. There's no known inherent genetic trait that supports such a contention, stating otherwise is pure pseudo-science.

Quote:
And if "race does not exist" how can anyone be a "racist"?

Let the games begin.
The contention that race is a social construct doesn't mean racism doesn't exist.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:03 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
The immigration act of 1965 is the reason why whites will become a minority. Why should whites submit to become a minority to appease non whites. 90% of the world is non white. Heaven forbid a few countries might have a white majority. Should I go to Mexico and guilt trip them because Mexico is only 10% white.
Don't know why whites should submit, but you WILL submit. Believe that.

Either that or leave, and you've got nowhere to go.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:09 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,529,993 times
Quote:
Did they allow them to come in illegally?
And the kick is up...whaaa...what happened to the goalposts?

Iirc, your op discusses culture, not legality.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Yeah they showed up in 1772...So no.
No remarks were made against immigrants in 1772? What a magical year!

Old 08-13-2014, 08:19 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,399,012 times
Wish people would stop talking about "whites" or whoever. There may be a certain small element of whites who view it as a racial thing but the fact is unchecked illegal immigration hurts all legal Americans of all colors and creed.

Whether it is a black, white, hispanic or other American who has played by the rules illegal immigration in such as mass form drives down wages, limits jobs, demands they pay more in taxes to support welfare on top, and places question on whether the founding principles will continue. In the meantime your politician of your chosen party blows smoke up your azz and takes their real marching orders from those who bribe and have the power to give them more power in the future while you......slowly decay.

When is someone going to stand in front of Obama or Bush or whatnot and say, " I use to be a construction worker who made $20.00 a hour but YOU politicians allowed mass influxes of illegals who took my job for $5 a hour and YOU on top expect for me to give up part of my $5 a hour to pay for welfare for them also. Mr Obama or Bush you might get a nice little promise from business who profit from it to keep it flowing that way and maybe you might think all those illegals given amnesty will insure to vote for you but what about the rest of us who are getting poorer?"

But no politician ever addresses that do they? Nor does any mainstream media ever run a article on that do they?

Old 08-13-2014, 08:21 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,266,597 times
Quote:
The immigration act of 1965 is the reason why whites will become a minority. Why should whites submit to become a minority to appease non whites. 90% of the world is non white. Heaven forbid a few countries might have a white majority.
Whites are becoming a minority in Europe too. It's that whole birth rate thing I spoke about earlier. It was inevitable really. The more education a person has, the fewer kids they have, but the wealthier they tend to be. Practically the only places with increasing birth rates are in Africa, S. America, and India.

Quote:
Should I go to Mexico and guilt trip them because Mexico is only 10% white.
Do you speak Spanish? They will probably elect you to political office.

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Don't know why whites should submit, but you WILL submit. Believe that.

Either that or leave, and you've got nowhere to go.
Says the guy who believes he deserves everything to be handed to him by his daddy for merely being born. If you're the example other minorities should follow, then suffice to say we have nothing to look forward to in a minority majority America.

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Canada is more multi-racial than the US and has double the immigration rate. Canada works, and without the level of anti-immigrant animosity found in the US.
only works because of the US

Old 08-13-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Wish people would stop talking about "whites" or whoever. There may be a certain small element of whites who view it as a racial thing but the fact is unchecked illegal immigration hurts all legal Americans of all colors and creed.

Whether it is a black, white, hispanic or other American who has played by the rules illegal immigration in such as mass form drives down wages, limits jobs, demands they pay more in taxes to support welfare on top, and places question on whether the founding principles will continue. In the meantime your politician of your chosen party blows smoke up your azz and takes their real marching orders from those who bribe and have the power to give them more power in the future while you......slowly decay.

When is someone going to stand in front of Obama or Bush or whatnot and say, " I use to be a construction worker who made $20.00 a hour but YOU politicians allowed mass influxes of illegals who took my job for $5 a hour and YOU on top expect for me to give up part of my $5 a hour to pay for welfare for them also. Mr Obama or Bush you might get a nice little promise from business who profit from it to keep it flowing that way and maybe you might think all those illegals given amnesty will insure to vote for you but what about the rest of us who are getting poorer?"

But no politician ever addresses that do they? Nor does any mainstream media ever run a article on that do they?
Off topic. The op addresses culture, not legality.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:35 PM

37,223 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
So, American citizens need to up their game and take jobs making minimum wage that used to be paid fairly? Remember when window washers on high rises used to make very good money? Not here anymore. Those guys start out at $10.00/hour now.
My guys started at twelve an hour. A machine operator made as much as twenty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies