Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 09:29 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Why is A a bad thing?

Are Mexican not allowed to hold a majority in Mexico?

Are Japanese not allowed to hold a majority in Japan?

Are Kenyans not allowed to hold a majority in Kenya?

If they are not are not why? And if they are, are they "racist"?

How am I a raging "racist"?

"American" does not = white.

Mexican and Kenyan aren't ethnic groups, they're nationalities. Japanese is an ethnicity and nationality.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:30 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
What? People that are more educated (and thus make more money) have fewer kids. Removing taxes and mythical regulations won't change any of this. When women are in school they aren't popping out kids.

It's pretty evident in your OP that you don't non whites moving here.
I don't want them moving here in such numbers and or speed that they make us a minority in our own nation or have views/values/politics that are antithetical to ours..How can that be confused with not wanting them to be here?

Old 08-13-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
"American" does not = white.

Mexican and Kenyan aren't ethnic groups, they're nationalities. Japanese is an ethnicity and nationality.

Answer the question, are they "racist" for wanting and having that?

Old 08-13-2014, 09:32 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Sweetheart if you think that thing is secure you really do need to talk to people on this forum that live near the border are see it with your own eyes.
Are you calling Lilyflower...sweetheart because you like her or are you just being condescending. Gee, I wonder which one I suggest you don't mess with her nor any other female here with that sexist remark. Ok, go back to the conservation

Old 08-13-2014, 09:33 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
and educated women have fewer kids later on. Giving up a McJob to raise kids is not a huge financial hit, but giving up a career you spent 6 years educating yourself for (getting an MBA), and 10-20 years building the career, is a huge sacrifice. It wouldn't matter what the tax rates were, in all cases, the educated, high-earner women is making a huge sacrifice by taking the Mommy Track, so few of them do, and there is NOTHING wrong with that.
Plus, by going for additional money the woman is less at risk of living in poverty and getting the safety net cut from beneath her. I wonder who advocates for that...

Old 08-13-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
We have more job openings this month than any month in the last 13 years.
How many of the are great paying full time jobs?

How many are filled by Americans?

Old 08-13-2014, 09:34 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,556 times
Quote:
Answer the question, are they "racist" for wanting and having that?
I just answered the question. If I emigrate to Mexico and become a citizen, I am Mexican, same with Kenya. So what are you asking? Only in the case of Japan does the ethnicity and nationality meet beyond doubt. In their case, yes, Japan's an extremely racist country that is often overtly hostile to non-Japanese people and has an immigration policy that is absolutely aimed at retaining as much racial purity as possible.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Are you calling Lilyflower...sweetheart because you like her or are you just being condescending. Gee, I wonder which one I suggest you don't mess with her nor any other female here with that sexist remark. Ok, go back to the conservation
Both...mostly the first.

If anyone thinks that is nation`s border with Mexico is secure then please tell us how millions of people have entered into this nation, and how 90,000 kids of done so in the last 4 months?

Old 08-13-2014, 09:36 PM

1,554 posts, read 1,905,096 times
Quote:
Can anyone tell me why America become a minority majority county is a good thing?

I mean looking at what has happened to every culture and nation that has been overwhelmed by other cultures and nations and was/is made a minority in their own nation has never ended well. From the Roman Empire to the culture problems to the Middle East.

Please don`t pull the who "you are a racist" bit. You have to make the case on why some culture or races are not allowed to be a majority in their own nations while others cultures and races have the right to be a majority in their nations and other nations of other races/cultures...Which if its OK for other races expect one is that not itself "racist"?

And if "race does not exist" how can anyone be a "racist"?

Let the games begin.
Technically speaking, the concept of race has no meaning. You could line up the entire world population from the blondest, straightest hair, whitest-skinned person to the blackest, kinkiest hair, darkest skin person and no one could put a finger on where one "race" begins and another ends. "Race" is a sociopolitical term used to maintain one "race's" financial superiority over another. "Race" is what the "majority" uses against the "minority".

Old 08-13-2014, 09:37 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
I don't want them moving here in such numbers and or speed that they make us a minority in our own nation or have views/values/politics that are antithetical to ours..How can that be confused with not wanting them to be here?
Well there it is. I already explained that whites would still become a minority. You have to have a certain birthrate and whites are below that birthrate. They don't want to live in poverty, so they go to school to make more money. The time in school is time not breeding and popping out kids like puppies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies