Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2014, 09:07 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It will be a long time before white people become a minority.

I don't think things will change too much, i for one will always be treated the same. I am a woman, mixed, was born in Oklahoma city, was raised in Germany and California. I am a citizen of the world, but I love America because it is my country.

I think the shift from the dominant position will affect white people with racist views. When they become the minority, they perhaps will hold the exact same views. When racist white people become the minority, their view will only be strengthened. They will become more bitter and perhaps start trouble. Well, they will perhaps feel angry because they have had their power taken away. Sad reality is that those stereotypical poor white racist people have never had true power, they just think they do.

It would be awesome if I can be Mr. Koby Bryant's neighbor (He also lives in Newport Beach where I live, but of course I never had an opportunity to meet him in person.)

This country is divided by class, not by race.

What I would hope is that one day, barriers to relating to one another can be torn down. I hope that the need to be politically correct ceases. I hope that we can abolish affirmative action.

I grew up with the Marines, I am not afraid of being a minority because I have always been one. I would love discrimination to cease in all forms for us all to bind together. I've seen with my own eyes that Hispanics, Asians, African Americans, white all fight on the front line in foreign wars. I've seen true brotherhood formed regardless of their skin colors. So it doesn't make sense we have certain groups discrimination against each other here in the civilian world.

If you don't understand power and knowledge, please read Michael Foucault. This is not politically correct for me to say, but the reality is that whoever has the money, says what’s right or wrong, and in this world, the ruling party is still white people. south Africa comes to mind.
Great post!

Old 08-14-2014, 09:11 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But they aren't called the majority. They have a new name for that now..minority-majority.

Texas went majority Hispanic in 2012 but they are called minority-majority. Whites are still considered majority so they cannot check "minority" on any forms. LOL..I tried that once and was told that I'm not a "minority".

Minority isn't a number anymore and the government will not change it to reflect the true minorities based on numbers.
What does that have to do with the OP's whine?

Old 08-14-2014, 09:13 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
I don't mind becoming a minority. But why can't I claim that now and reap the benefits the previous minorities did ?
Why are minorities still considered "minority" when they become the majority ? Why are they still considered minorities and given preferential treatment ?

No one in local government here can answer those questions for me.
Hispanics are the majority here. Fine, I can deal with that.
But now I'm a minority (White) yet I cannot claim minority status.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:14 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
What does that have to do with the OP's whine?
Because minorities get preferential treatment. And that should end when they become the majority.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Well ours is.

We Invented the Assembly line
We Harnessed Electricity
We Massed proceed the Model T
We Invented powered Flight
We Harnessed the power of the Atom
We Fought and won Two World Wars
We Broke the Sound Barrier
We Landed on the Moon
We Mapped the Human Genome
We Invented the Internet

What do we have to be ashamed about? We have done this in the last 235 years We're less than 300 years old. We are younger than nations that have been on this planet for thousands of years. We, nevertheless, in less than 300 years -- by the way, we're no different than any other human beings around the world. Our DNA is no different. We're not better just because we're born in America. There's nothing that sets us apart. How did this happen? How did the United States of America become the world's lone super power, the world's economic engine, the most prosperous opportunity for an advanced lifestyle that humanity has ever known? How did this happen?

Because Liberty Works, Free Men, Free Minds, Free Markets, A Safe and Predicable, A System that Protects Property Rights, A Government with Strict Limits on its Power, And a Well-Armed Citizenry to Preserve the Means of Keeping and in some cases Restoring Liberty from Tyranny has Produced Such Success, It Should Be Self-Evident.

All of which are based on and created by Western Civilization.

Yeah history has proven other wise..And to be honest we are risking to much for no real gain..We know what works and and don`t want that to change.

Why are fully minority nations not all ready for the most part not "better"? Answer that one.

Yeah that nihilistic mentality never builds anything of value, that is why we as Westerns Civilization have rejected it.
And?
Where have the majority of good-paying American jobs gone? India.

The most forward-looking companies today seem to be of the belief that they cannot function without people from India, Russia and other places that are perceived to offer better educations than we do.

They are willing to pay lots of money to bring these people into this country so they, not native-born Americans, but they, can be the movers and shakers and inventors and power-brokers for the next few generations.

Of course, many of those things that you list above were also the brain-children of non-Americans, but somehow that gets lost in all of this rah-rah.

And you think the threat is from people willing to cross deserts to mow your lawn?
Really?

Old 08-14-2014, 09:29 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Because minorities get preferential treatment. And that should end when they become the majority.
Really, what special treatment are they getting?

Old 08-14-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
If it is not stopped via secure the border, no amnesty, and fixing legal immigration it will not be fixable.

If you are not threatened please look at South Africa today, Brazil today and you will know your future and sadly that of your posterity.

They can not act or vote, they have no voice YOU DO.

Stand of your posterity for they can not stand for themselves, for surely to stand in the face of tyranny is a small price to pay rather then to have them be born into servitude and enslavement for the inaction of forefathers.
Not understanding these examples, please explain.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:46 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Not understanding these examples, please explain.
Argument by Incomprehension. Only in 21st century America is that supposed to reflect poorly on someone other than the one who can't wrap their head around a pattern.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:51 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The whites who came to America killed millions of Native Americans and stole their land. I think a system of law based on this concept would be quite workable today, don't you?
Right, so let's let it happen to us. Ingenious. You leftists really have everything figured out. And "us" includes you, not just the wrong type of white people that you derive so much joy from harming.

Quote:
It will never end, until there's nothing left for the invading coalition to pillage. Then they'll turn on each other. Which would be amusing, if any of us were around to appreciate it.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:51 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,266,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
Argument by Incomprehension. Only in 21st century America is that supposed to reflect poorly on someone other than the one who can't wrap their head around a pattern.
Brazil didn't become a minority majority country until 2010.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies