Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2014, 08:51 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,460,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Since it's the aunt's house, they may not have had a choice to stay inside with the window open. Maybe the aunt has a very unfriendly put bull out in a fenced in back yard when visitors were over.

Who says it's not normal behavior for three people to sit in a car in a driveway? We do it fairly often. Sometimes I arrive home with my children, and we'll stay in the car to continue a conversation that requires privacy. Sometimes we just want to finish listening to a song on the radio. If we were locked out of our house, perhaps sitting in the car would be the ideal place to hang out while waiting for a locksmith. I can think of many normal reasons for a group of people to sit in a car in a driveway.

Sitting in a car in a driveway seems like a reasonable solution to a nicotine problem during a curfew to me.

I agree with this.
None of the examples you presented existed or they would have been described. I'm quite sure I could drive down my street now and find no one sitting in their car in their front drive. Its an unusual thing at any time. When a curfew is in place even more unusual.

Had any of these unusual reasons been in play perhaps they would not have been arrested. Who knows. I suspect the police went for what was an easy arrest.

As I said, I don't know what the language of the curfew was and if they were violating it by being outside. In any case, if they believe they were wrongly arrested they are free to pursue it in court.

Would you be hanging outside in front of your house if a curfew was in place? I would not.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:07 PM

8,725 posts, read 7,430,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinealley View Post
Idk about the other cases, life been pretty hectic so no follow up on those yet. I still take the friend's word over the police's anyday, I've seen police lie under oath, doctor statements (witnesses) and tamper with evidence. All that from first hand personal experience, in case you was wondering.
Really? The friend has lied from the start, he seems almost incapable of telling the truth, all evidence that has came out so far has proven every word out of the friend's mouth has been a lie.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:29 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,436,355 times
Brown's unlawful activities nor looting are not the issue in this calamity. Raising issues to deflect attention from the heinous mentality of the barbaric police officer is nearly as inane as his overreaction to encountering young black males. And there are actually much scarier people in this world, posting on Stormfront.com!

Old 08-18-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
You must've forgot to highlight what I wrote about the upstanding authorities who protect and serve Oh, and not every word he was right about him being executed, and being unarmed.
The upstanding authorities versus who, criminals who feel the laws do not apply to them?

He was not executed, he was shot when he fought the cop, and you are correct, the friend did get right he was unarmed. Other than that one bit of truth, everything else has been proven a lie, yet you still find credibility in him.

Reason is you just want this white cop guilty because he is white, a cop, and he shot a black guy, no amount of evidence in the world is going to convince you of anything else.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Brown's unlawful activities nor looting are not the issue in this calamity. Raising issues to deflect attention from the heinous mentality of the barbaric police officer is nearly as inane as his overreaction to encountering young black males. And there are actually much scarier people in this world, posting on Stormfront.com!
His overreaction? What happened has not even been put out yet you are stating he overreacted? How do you know the cop overreacted when the story and investigation has not been put out? The cop could be innocent or guilty for all you know.

So far, the cop has points to his side because the friend's lies, the witnesses claims have been contradicted by evidence, and the new witnesses that have come forward that back up the cop's story. Despite all of that, an investigation has not been done, and nothing official has been presented to the public yet. So how do you know the cop overreacted?

Old 08-18-2014, 09:48 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,053,469 times
Quote:
No, police officers are more crooked than the pope (no, but close!) and who's knows if the Police Department didn't doctor that video, plus it's still photos, ijs. And evidence is still pointing to execution and overkill.
Doctored what video, the robbery? Brown's "friend" already confirmed that it was them.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:59 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,177,703 times
Quote:
...who's knows if the Police Department didn't doctor that video, plus it's still photos, ijs.
You've gone over the edge here.

Quote:
...And evidence is still pointing to...overkill.
What's the difference between kill and overkill? One shot or three shots, the end result is the same.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:04 PM

Quote:
No, police officers are more crooked than the pope (no, but close!) and who's knows if the Police Department didn't doctor that video, plus it's still photos, ijs. And evidence is still pointing to execution and overkill.
As I stated

"Reason is you just want this white cop guilty because he is white, a cop, and he shot a black guy, no amount of evidence in the world is going to convince you of anything else."

Now you make things up, even countering what the friend stated.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:07 PM

3,106 posts, read 4,001,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Is the community complaining about brutality from the police or unfair treatment?

Yes, the police here don't take crap. Sometimes when they pull someone over, they are...aggressive. Face---PAVEMENT. However, it has to do with discouraging crime, and guess what? It kindof works. People know if they take SPD on a 120mph high-speed chase, if they are caught...it's going to suck. Black, White, doesn't matter. I have never heard of a race issue except from a White girl who was pulled over by a Black cop, but even based on her story, I think she was being an idiot and got what she deserved and would have gotten the same no-matter what color she was/he was. Now, is it right that an officer may slam a face into pavement when he subdues and cuffs someone? Well, technically obviously not. However, I don't mind that he does. If someone is doing 120 and leading them on a high-speed chase (this is the incident I personally know of), and the officer is a bit heavy handed when he catches them, good. So long as he isn't that way because of anything EXCEPT the actions that caused it (ie. he only pummels Chinese guys, etc....not cool, lol). I have not heard of racial complaints otherwise really. Just rough treatment.

The issue is not how many people are being arrested. The issue is how people are treated when they are stopped or arrested.
People in my town who are arrested are treated the same as they deserve by all accounts I know of. Get feisty with an officer and you might get some heavy handed treatment. Act appropriate and you will be afforded the same.

Who is REALLY "at risk?"

Idiot young people who think they are above the law, cops suck, and "my daddy's rich". Those are the people who are really at risk for this in my area. However, their daddy's typically ARE rich, and they are usually polite to the officer and skate on back-room deals at the court house because Daddy knows someone and, hey, lets drop it and I'll have a talk with the boy, he's a good kid...

Old 08-18-2014, 11:09 PM

3,106 posts, read 4,001,088 times
Quote:
Read this article. See the evidence.– Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame Shooting Victim Blows Up In Their Face (VIDEO)

*You do know that while humans are still breathing they are alive, so are their senses. You don't know when the pulse usually stops but it would probably be a 15 minute margin give or take, but while that pulse is still going, so is life. Shooting more speeds and pains the victim that much more whether it's human or animal, period.
Shooting someone is poking a tiny hole in them. That tiny hole has to drain roughly 20% of their blood volume (or cause systemic loss of pressure, even then, there are 15-45 seconds of O2 in the brain tissue capable of allowing rational movement/thought/action) to cause loss of consciousness. Or it has to destroy a CNS structure to cause loss of motor control. Those are the only two ways of stopping someone with a bullet. Brown was not shot excessively in the least, so long as the officer stopped when Brown stopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies