Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2014, 01:41 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
This is an actual police officer that we're talking about, it seems people are recycling lines from the Zimmerman case. If you assault a police officer, you best believe they're going to come chasing after you and if you move aggressively towards them, expect that they will defend themselves in doing so.
A police officer has the choice to pursue, or call back up. Are cops given the green light to
shoot to kill jaywalkers now?

Police officers make mistakes, overreact, and some, don't even belong in the
field. Just ask anyone who lives in New Orleans.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:42 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
I wonder why that is.
Because; if you have the luxury of deciding whether to shoot to merely wound it lends credence to the fact that you did not need to shoot at all! You are either in mortal fear of your life and thus justified in shooting and in which case MOST courses and indoctrination is "you shoot until your assailant goes down or is no longer a threat. This ain't no PS3/X-Box game.

Many certified defensive shooting instructors would put their size twelve up your hiney if you double tapped a shoulder or some other locale other than center mass just to prove you could do it. They'd suggest in no uncertain terms that shooting is last resort and only done with the motivation to put your threat completely out of commission.

Some doper high on PCP would take arm shots and beat you to death with his shoe.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:42 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Can you imagine the fear this cop and his family must feel? To show up for work one day, and then be the target of not only the entire city of Ferguson, but the president and the attorney general. They not only want to smear him, but kill him. This man and his family will have absolutely no peace. The justice in this country has been turned upside down. All for just showing up to work and doing his job/defending himself. The task of being a police officer nowadays is going to turn away so many good people who want to protect and serve.
Sadly the officer and his family will be forced to move out of the area completely there is no way he could ever work anywhere near there again, once the mob comes after a person there is no way they will ever be safe living there again. I would move my family away immediately and once the investigation is over I would follow them. I would also find the best attorney I could find and afford and hire them to defend me against the inevitable lawsuit seeking Money that will come later and to sue anyone associated with the suit for deformation of character, if they want to play make them pay. The actions of Mr. Brown will have repercussions that will go on for many years, and do more harm to those his actions have already harmed.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:43 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
But not one witness has verified that version. Not one. And it makes no sense. Someone is firing deadly bullets at you and you run towards them? Michael had been running for his life, why would he suddenly "charge" the officer? It makes far more sense that he spun around to surrender after he had already been shot a couple of times.
Maybe you might be better off on the Ferguson twitter feed since you already know what happened and want to see Wilson charged with murder. Lots of compadres over there that are seeking that specific "justice".

Old 08-18-2014, 01:43 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
The useless pile of feces in the White House expected to make remarks in about 15 minutes.

I'm on the edge of my seat.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:44 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,968 times
Quote:
But not one witness has verified that version. Not one.

That you know of. There have been 100 people interviewed, do you know what every single one of them have said?

You only know what the people who have come forward publicly have stated. Do you think that ANYBODY who lives in that area would come forward publicly to support the police officer?

Have you seen what has happened to the businesses in Ferguson? Do you understand what would happen to that individual who spoke against a dead black kid in support of a white police officer?

All you know is what you've been spoonfed on television so far. I'm withholding judgment until the investigation is completed and we know more than what the media and a few opportunists looking for their 15 minutes of fame, including one accomplice to a felony, have told to us thus far.

Quote:
And it makes no sense. Someone is firing deadly bullets at you and you run towards them? Michael had been running for his life, why would he suddenly "charge" the officer? It makes far more sense that he spun around to surrender after he had already been shot a couple of times.

People do a lot of stupid stuff. Doesn't make it impossible. Maybe he thought that there's no way that the officer was going to shoot him and it turns out that he was wrong?

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
A police officer has the choice to pursue, or call back up. Are cops given the green light to
shoot to kill jaywalkers now?

Police officers make mistakes, overreact, and some, don't even belong in the
field. Just ask anyone who lives in New Orleans.
He assaulted the police officer he went waaaay past jaywalking, ignoring the facts only makes you look as if the facts do not matter to you. Noted

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Grief. Part of grief is denial. That and long time personal built up belief that there is institutional bias and prejudice. Neither are necessarily true. The denial that one's little darlin' just couldn't do those bad things. Nor, that the 'man' is always out to get you.

Reminds me of the old saw about paranoia. It goes, "I'm not being paranoid, but I know they are out to get me."
I can agree that denial is part of grief but we all know the kind. Momma's little darling could never do any wrong even if it's done in front of her (in the eyes of momma).

Old 08-18-2014, 01:45 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Both Mitchell and Crenshaw have been changing their stories a bit today to try and fit their claims better with the new forensic evidence. In the end I don't think any of these three witnesses will be found credible but there are others who I'm sure will be, who haven't come out publicly. The FBI and police have interviewed around 100 people already.
You may not think these three witnesses are credible, but I guarantee you the law will. Three--separate--witnesses. It doesn't matter if they lived in a low-income neighborhood or have accents you don't like. Johnson was right there at the scene. His testimony is going to be crucial. ANd remember HE did not steal anything.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:45 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
But not one witness has verified that version. Not one. And it makes no sense. Someone is firing deadly bullets at you and you run towards them? Michael had been running for his life, why would he suddenly "charge" the officer? It makes far more sense that he spun around to surrender after he had already been shot a couple of times.
It makes perfect sense if you know what life in the projects is like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies