Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2014, 10:15 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times

Advertisements

Question, has anyone but me pulled up the Google map street and satellite pictures?

Notice all the grassy knolls in the area?

Old 08-19-2014, 10:16 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
It's got to be a lie. Our c-d detectives have already reviewed the blurry, far away video of Wilson and declared him perfectly fine.
The doctors must be lying. Perhaps ellemint an gtown can call and give the hospital the correct information.

Trial by Twitter and Youtube has already been conducted and Wilson is guilty.
Besides the grainy far away footage that shows no evidence of injury, he wasn't making any attempt to poke at his fractured face. This is their proof

I remember the same song and dance with Zimmerman. Grainy black and white footage shows no injury = proof of no injury. Yet a week later when evidence was allowed to be released to the public, his nose was swollen and crooked and he had a bleeding gash to the head.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:18 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You're a perfect example of 'the CSI effect.' Someone who thinks every case should have indisputable forensics to convict.

If forensic 'science' is the perfect evidence, pure 'science,' we wouldn't see every trial have competing forensic 'experts.'
No, I am the perfect example of someone married to someone who used to work for a State Police
Forensic Laboratory as a Forensic Chemist

Blood, semen, ballistics, DNA are pretty exact now. EVERYONE leaves a trace.

4,677 posts, read 5,769,111 times
I would be careful with anything from Gateway Pundit. Odds are he does have a source telling him something similar to what was published, but what was published could be a significant embellishment.

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Media is just noticing this because they had a taste of it up close and personal.
They didn't have that same outlook when the troops were walking the streets in Boston did they ?
Those bearcats were a welcome sight in their eyes.
True the whining about storm troopers did not come until everyone was nice and safe. Always easy to be a Monday morning quarterback, not as easy to actually play in the game.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:19 AM

501 posts, read 303,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Wrong.

Post a link.

The Chief said the two events were unrelated.
You keep insisting on this even though I posted links several times. Is there some reading comprehension problem?

Which two events?

Robbery and stopping of Brown and Johnson on the street - no.

Robbery and shooting - yes.

Would you like me to give you the links for the fifth time?

Old 08-19-2014, 10:21 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Default No wonder the media and most democrat politicians have been criticizing the local police handling crowd control.....

St. Louis County Police tactical team : Gallery

...it's all becoming clear now.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:22 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
True the whining about storm troopers did not come until everyone was nice and safe. Always easy to be a Monday morning quarterback, not as easy to actually play in the game.
I spoke out about it and was called paranoid and a member of the tin foil hat brigade.
Then again..the Patriot Act allowed it.

All those bullets paid for by DHS went somewhere.
All that money to help the LE's fight "terrorism" has been turned on us.

Watching those live feeds of Ferguson MO was like watching the US military occupy a foreign country.
And the media were corralled which limited some coverage.
One media guy said they have more freedom covering wars in foreign countries then they do civil unrest in the US.

All that "urban training" is for military when they go overseas. Still believe that one ?
I think all that urban training in realistic setting now is to condition people to get used to seeing Blackhawks flying in the sky.
That's my prediction.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:23 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
You're a perfect example of 'the CSI effect.' Someone who thinks every case should have indisputable forensics to convict.

If forensic 'science' is the perfect evidence, pure 'science,' we wouldn't see every trial have competing forensic 'experts.'
Nothing is pure perfect but forensics is getting there

You'll never see them debating the blood type, a bullet, the semen, the DNA. Only the reliability of how those results were obtained and/or tampered with. e.g. O.J. Simpson case.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:25 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Which do you think will be more popular ---
1. The cop did it to himself against the car door while drying to drag Brown in ?

2. So what, you don't murder an unarmed teen who's surrendering ?

3. Big deal, it's not like an orbital eye fracture is life-threatening; I got 17 of them playing sports.
Good call, but it looks like they picked choice #4.

4. It was a love tap and only a tiny bone was broken. (Apparently "fractured" and "broken" mean very different things in some dictionaries. Mine has them listed as synonyms.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
See here we go again. Brown did not "fracture his face". If the report is to be believed, Brown punched Wilson in the eye (obviously at very close contact) and fractured the tiny bones around Wilson's eye socket.

I swear, if we took 20 people on here and gave the first person one sentence about an incident
and had them rephrase it to the next person, I'd really be curious what the final sentence would
end up like.

Nothing like rearranging the descriptive....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies